JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Jan's returned, Greek Split is being hinted, Patrica Grande's been... Necroed...

Truly a week of miracles!

:c5goldenage: Your Forum has entered a Golden Age! :c5goldenage:

I can't say how fast new civs will appear - since JFD has his own schedule and university things, but I'm back on track with art. Lots of stuff has piled up, so the process might be slow, but I'm rather optimistic this time around.

I also wanted to quite shamelessly post a link to PayPal donations - because that would significantly help me doing civ art as a main thing in my life if it provided me with a decent income - however I am not entirely sure how taxation for this sort of stuff works here in Poland (or any other country for that matter) and I am pretty afraid of getting into legal crap over it. Sure - the local IRS doesn't really pay attention to sums that small and no one sensible, like most Twitch streamers, even bothers to declare it, but I'm a bit hesitant for the time being.

Same thing with Patreon - declarations on the forums aside, I doubt I would be able to keep anyone's attention long enough to reap a stable income from that - especially when patrons pledge, but ultimately don't pay.

Just wanted to be open with you about it, since a couple people asked me about as early as last year. And it's not begging if it's on the internet. :p

I also wanted to quite shamelessly post a link to PayPal donations - because that would significantly help me doing civ art as a main thing in my life if it provided me with a decent income - however I am not entirely sure how taxation for this sort of stuff works here in Poland (or any other country for that matter) and I am pretty afraid of getting into legal crap over it. Sure - the local IRS doesn't really pay attention to sums that small and no one sensible, like most Twitch streamers, even bothers to declare it, but I'm a bit hesitant for the time being.

Usually the legal thing related to this sucks. In Finland it actually is illegal to gather donations like that - it needs special licences proving the fundraising is made for common-good and it is non-profit. That's why we can't have nice things.

And so the Great Art Drought - the Time of No Art; a time of art none - comes to an end. Preparations begin to re-open the Imperial Diet, and to once more oil the gears of empire. The time has come, the Emperor said, to speak of what is next - of, perhaps most fitting, a donation to the Pope, of the future of the Empire of JFD and Janboruta under the Church of the Community Patch, and, of course, of Co-wait, what? No new pokemans info... I declare a state of emergency...

Did anyone actually guess what the next civ was going to be, before Jan's disappearance?

Well, I'll have make an imperial announcement at the end of the month in light of the re-opening of the Imperial Diet. However, do not fret, Kesler, as Sovereignty will not be compromised by Jan's reappearance (so call off the assassins). Unless, of course, this is all a dream...

Thanks :D It pays - hohohoh - to use the lecturer himself as a source in one's work :p

Should I chime in with my own yay? :)

I deeply hoped it would be a WW1 civ, but I suspect it may be something more Balkan.

Assassins? No, you must be mistaking those for the meed carriers... :shifty:

One can only wonder what your papers are like :p

Usually the legal thing related to this sucks. In Finland it actually is illegal to gather donations like that - it needs special licences proving the fundraising is made for common-good and it is non-profit. That's why we can't have nice things.

Do they discourage begging in Finland? In the Dominican Republic they have the mindset that anyone can get a job, so tourists should not give to beggars to enable them.

Talking about updates, would you consider giving Washington a new UA when you update Roosevelt, or at least a new name for it? Much more fitting "Manifest Destiny" civs have been released, so I think it is time to give Washington an ability that better represents him.

I don't recall releasing any more fitting manifest destiny civs :p Besides which, I was going to be using the CBP UA, which allows purchasing tiles of other civs, as I am particularly fond of that effect.

One can only wonder what your papers are like :p

The secret is to assert 'more research is needed before any conclusions can be made' - because they can't fault you for that :p

I don't recall releasing any more fitting manifest destiny civs :p Besides which, I was going to be using the CBP UA, which allows purchasing tiles of other civs, as I am particularly fond of that effect.

Putin vs. Washington: The Eternal Tile Flip

I might have asked this already but on the subject of updates, after all of the gameplay mods are out, do you plan to update your civs (where appropriate) with special UU's that tie in with CiD or RtP? You've done that for Vanilla civs, such as Portugal, Aztecs, and Rome.

I might have asked this already but on the subject of updates, after all of the gameplay mods are out, do you plan to update your civs (where appropriate) with special UU's that tie in with CiD or RtP? You've done that for Vanilla civs, such as Portugal, Aztecs, and Rome.

UAs? I dunno, maybe.

You're assuming the two are mutually exclusive?

Phew, I don't think I can release all the WW1 civs and the Balkan civs at once.

No, but other people have.

It was a passive-aggressive way of saying: 'why should I consider changing something of mine just because other people have?' Or, 'when have I ever?' Or, simply, no, not the least of which is because I have no idea what people you're refering to.

Oh nah I was meaning that he's assuming it's not a WW1 Balkan civ

The context is that I was asking if anyone knew what my next civ was, and I'm fairly sure everyone knows that my WW1 civs are Roosevelt, France-Walrus, George V, and VEIII - so no balkan civs.

Top Bottom