Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Develop Satellites.

In the meantime, trade territory maps and world maps with the other civs.

Or explore the whole map with your cavalry, then conquer it. The more land you conquer the better, that way you can see there all the time.

Develop Satellites.

In the meantime, trade territory maps and world maps with the other civs.

Or explore the whole map with your cavalry, then conquer it. The more land you conquer the better, that way you can see there all the time.

Thanks for suggestions.My problem is this:A civ is without cities,have settler(s) in boat(s).One galleon was destroyed with a privateer,but still is in map.I have maps from other civs and ships exploring the sea.I'm new Civ III player and I don't know if 'fast' slaves from this civ will be normally after disappearance and cities will be 100% my nationality,is not a problem a boat,to make city no chance,all occupied and other civ in war with they.I'm in peace with they and soon will have 66%(domination victory),now I have 57 % and 6 armies in the field(tanks,etc).

So you are about to win anyway. I am not sure that I understand what the problem is.

Nope. You'll still have to assimilate the cities' population the normal way, and the workers will remain at 50% efficiency. What you will get is no more resistance from citizens of that civ and no more war weariness from them.

That would be cheating. Seriously, just explore it or develop the Satellites tech.

OK,thanks.In 2016 no solutions to see the entire map like in Civ II or IV,a code or a soft ?
You can open the conquests .biq in the editor and under Scenario Properties select "Reveal Entire Map". Save the .biq as a new scenario in the "Scenarios" folder and then when starting a new game instead of selecting "New Game" select the "Civ Content" option and select your scenario from the list. The map will be revealed from the start.

Pah! As I said, that would be cheating. The true way to acquire intimate knowledge of the map is to conquer it, or at least to forcibly acquire world maps from puny AI players.

I could not be a goddess of evil if I behaved that way, Ms. Kanan.

Eh...let people play the way they want, rather than how we "think" they should. :p
Thanks for understanding and explanations.When play Civ IV BTS huge map with a continent per team more times really need to see your land if can spend more hours for that map,60,70,80,if is just one grain resource is time lost...
I'm 'nervous' because don't see that boat with settler,map is low difficulty and anyway will win in max.10 turns.
My map is random,not a scenario and can't open my saves with Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe or conquests.biq...

Well, yes, Ms. Kanan's dastardly fix only works for new games.

Yes,I said up about tries with Civ3MultiTool,PowerBar,etc,nothing,more hours spent reading here or in Apolyton to find the way...

My map is random,not a scenario and can't open my saves with Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe or conquests.biq...
I believe Gramphos's Multi Tool will allow you to edit saved games - including revealing the map. However, I've never tried it for that purpose. I'm of a similar opinion as the Dragon Queen - discovery of a new map is part of the fun!

*Edit* X-post - I see you've already tried the Multi Tool. Maybe someone else can help you get it to work. Otherwise, the method I explained above would be the only other way.

*Edit 2* Just tried the Multi Tool on a 4,000BC autosave and it worked fine for revealing the map.

Yes, you should be able to remove the Fog of War with C3MT. If the elf can, anyone else can as well.

But please, do not go over to those Apolytonian people. We can even give you free pasties.

I'm new Civ III player and I don't know if 'fast' slaves from this civ will be normally after disappearance and cities will be 100% my nationality,

If by fast you mean industrial, than you should note that this is a trait of the civ the workers are controlled by and not which civ they stem from:

Industrial civ with national worker: 150% efficiency, in the early game that is usually 3 points per turn taking you 2 turns per road on plains.

Nonindustrial civ with national worker: 100% efficiency, in the early game that is usually 2 points per turn taking you 3 turns per road on plains.

Nonindustrial civ with nonnational worker: 50% efficiency, in the early game that is usually 1 points per turn taking you 6 turns per road on plains.

Industrial civ with nonnational worker: 150% x 50% = 75% efficiency, in the early game that is usually 1 points per turn taking you 6 turns per road on plains.

That is because 1.5 points are rounded down to 1. 1 is also the minimum value, so anything below 1 is rounded up to 1. That might be relevant during anarchy when the government value is 1 instead of 2 in most governments.

Takhisis said:
That would be cheating. Seriously, just explore it or develop the Satellites tech
Revealing the entire map with Satellites (or Map-trading) will only show city-locations/populations, and topmost city-garrisons though, won't it? It won't reveal the locations of foreign units which are both outside their cities, and also beyond visual range of any of your cities/units.

In other words, getting Maps/ Sats won't solve the "Where's that bloomin' Settler-onna-boat?" problem, which seems to be catalin's actual focus here: i.e. sinking the houseboat in order to end the war and reduce/eliminate resistance, flip-risk, etc., in captured cities* (and I would assume that 'Steal Plans' can't be used either, since espionage-missions require a target-city).

But how about signing an MA with another Civ(s), for a nominal (preferably per-turn) payment? Since the AI-Civs always know where all units are anyway, their navy(s) would likely be able to sink the houseboat a lot quicker (since they wouldn't have to search for it) than the human player -- and once they've done so, the MA would end, cancelling any per-turn payment(s) without risking the human's trade-rep**.

Spoiler :
While killing off an AI-Civ will ensure that citizens of that civ in captured towns (and/or foreign Slaves joined to your towns) stop being unhappy that you're at war with their parent-civ, AFAIK they won't ever adopt your civ's nationality after their parent is dead. (They never have for me, anyway -- but then again most of my domination-focused wars take place in the late game, under Republic, and I rarely build many Cultural improvements these days, so maybe assimilation just doesn't have enough time to happen before Game-Over...).

Killing off the parent-civ also won't instantly convert foreign Slaves from that civ, into Workers of your nationality -- if you want your Slaves to work faster, you need to get RepParts (doubles Worker- and Slave-speed), and/or adopt Fascism as your government (especially if you're Industrious).
Spoiler :
This assumes that your trade-rep is still intact; if your trade-rep is already busted because you broke a deal at an earlier point in the game, you can't restore it. You'd then probably have to pay upfront, lump-sum goods for any houseboat-sinking MA(s) -- which the AI could then break before they've done the job, without 'losing' anything themselves.

Just let the AI settle somewhere else far away and then conquer them again.

Steal Plans does not require a target city.

Top Bottom