Final Fixes Reborn

on the subject of guilds, i see that the balseraphs can build masquerade wagons. since all bal cities automatically have masquerade these must be meant to spread it to other civs. what benefit does it give to the balseraphs?

Hm, isn ´t it for etablish the masquerade guild bonus in other cities?

I ´ve a problem with tectonic maps in previous and current version of AOE, can ´t say if the problem occurs in other versions too.
Game is always crashing when I try to create a tectonic map at 20% in loading screen, anyone else is having problems like this?

Hm, isn ´t it for etablish the masquerade guild bonus in other cities?

I ´ve a problem with tectonic maps in previous and current version of AOE, can ´t say if the problem occurs in other versions too.
Game is always crashing when I try to create a tectonic map at 20% in loading screen, anyone else is having problems like this?

You have to select the Tectonics 316 map, not the regular Tectonics. For some reason, that's the one that's compatible with the mod.

on the subject of guilds, i see that the balseraphs can build masquerade wagons. since all bal cities automatically have masquerade these must be meant to spread it to other civs. what benefit does it give to the balseraphs?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure it was just the Devs clowning around. ;)

Hey, just curious, but weren't the Mekara supposed to be cat-people? I asked, 'cos I made this for Valk like 5 years ago under the impression they were, but I work exclusively in Maya and no one would do all the grunt work in Max to get it in game.

So yeah, I got an itch to play, couldn't find the rife version I used. (1.4 wasn't stable for me.) Started looking, came across this and was thoroughly impressed. So, if you guys need any in-game art, let me know. The downside is I'm still not sure if I could put a unit in game. Also, I was working on crafting items for mages, so you could make magic items (I hated the limited choices you had in the original FfH and RiFE) Unfortunately, I deleted all my xml files, but I evidently saved all my notes from it, so it should be hard to set up about 30 of 100 items I had done. (Not all were completed) If someone could walk me through adding them in the python code, even better. That's the reason I made them ritual spells that took x number of turns, to offset the fact I couldn't figure out how to add them in the code base. Keep in mind, I'm a scripter, not a coder. There is a difference.

Anyway, PM or respond here, if you need anything. I'm working on other projects, including a kid, so I may not have a lot of time, but I'll do what I can. ;)

[EDIT] - One other thing. Has anyone had any issues with the Launcher not launching in Win10? I've tried every trick in the book to get it to launch, but it won't. It's not really a problem, as I can just load the module in the game (Which I prefer doing, as I like the maps in the original game better), but I was just wondering if I missed anything.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure it was just the Devs clowning around. ;)

Hey, just curious, but weren't the Mekara supposed to be cat-people? I asked, 'cos I made this for Valk like 5 years ago under the impression they were, but I work exclusively in Maya and no one would do all the grunt work in Max to get it in game.

So yeah, I got an itch to play, couldn't find the rife version I used. (1.4 wasn't stable for me.) Started looking, came across this and was thoroughly impressed. So, if you guys need any in-game art, let me know. The downside is I'm still not sure if I could put a unit in game. Also, I was working on crafting items for mages, so you could make magic items (I hated the limited choices you had in the original FfH and RiFE) Unfortunately, I deleted all my xml files, but I evidently saved all my notes from it, so it should be hard to set up about 30 of 100 items I had done. (Not all were completed) If someone could walk me through adding them in the python code, even better. That's the reason I made them ritual spells that took x number of turns, to offset the fact I couldn't figure out how to add them in the code base. Keep in mind, I'm a scripter, not a coder. There is a difference.

Anyway, PM or respond here, if you need anything. I'm working on other projects, including a kid, so I may not have a lot of time, but I'll do what I can. ;)

the cat people were the maogata, which are not included at the moment, mainly due to lack of art ^^. We are always in need of art stuff, plenty of units could use a makeover. I'll guide you through what you need to know for your magic item stuff.
Come here if you want to discuss stuff a bit more : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...AP7D2pay_xG813mB4FkYCYEwo/edit#gid=1283361294 ( there's a chat included, you'll need a gmail account though)

Thanks for that log, i haven't been able to replicate the diplomacy thing but i might be able to debug it thanks to that. As for the errors appearing with the debug dll build, they're mostly benign (some of the code thinking that some of the new code is actually a bug). I'll clean them up when i have some time Also, Welcome back, jemon, how have you been ?

hopefully it's useful! I'm still not comfortable with editing the C++, but I can compile the DLL and managed to port it to http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=499166, which was super easy, and might be worth doing for assert builds and profiling?

I've been okay, long time away from RifE though! how have things been?

i'm quite unhappy with both the Guilds and the Silver Circle as they stand so it's something i'd like to revisit. (They don't really offer any interesting reward or mechanic and they don't feel really linked to anything lorewise).

I haven't thought much how to rework it yet but i'm tempted to remove the guilds as they are, and use that system for secondary cults ( the Emrys, The Stewards of Inequity, The Unblemished, The Saperes, The Foxmen, The Occis (not a definitive list, just the ones i have in mind right now). I'd repurpose the master buildings inside a stronger economic building tree with maybe a bit more specialization and potentially repurpose the effects of guilds that way.

Anyway, that's not a short-term goal so we'll see when we get to it^^

Yeah, it seems as if both Kael and the subsequent designers of the various FFH modmods have struggled with Guilds.

You probably remember the original Guilds Kael added a long time ago (Here's the original post -- hard to believe it's been nine years already), most of which he got rid of (or, in the case of the Guild of the Nine and Guild of Hammers, kept but made them Wonders instead).

I guess it was the Fall Further team that added the Guilds we have now, resembling the BtS Corporations, except they're National instead of one each for the whole world.

The old WildMana mod used the Corporation slots for "Noble Houses of Erebus," which were supposed to be old Noble Houses that would offer you their "support," resulting not only in hammers or science, etc, but also access to new units. Sephi got rid of that in that in the transition to Master of Mana.

I don't really have any creative ideas for Guilds, but you sound like you've got some thoughts on what you want to do here, even if it's further down the road.

Yeah, it seems as if both Kael and the subsequent designers of the various FFH modmods have struggled with Guilds.

You probably remember the original Guilds Kael added a long time ago (Here's the original post -- hard to believe it's been nine years already), most of which he got rid of (or, in the case of the Guild of the Nine and Guild of Hammers, kept but made them Wonders instead).

I guess it was the Fall Further team that added the Guilds we have now, resembling the BtS Corporations, except they're National instead of one each for the whole world.

The old WildMana mod used the Corporation slots for "Noble Houses of Erebus," which were supposed to be old Noble Houses that would offer you their "support," resulting not only in hammers or science, etc, but also access to new units. Sephi got rid of that in that in the transition to Master of Mana.

I don't really have any creative ideas for Guilds, but you sound like you've got some thoughts on what you want to do here, even if it's further down the road.

Damn i didn't remember about those, it's been a while. What Kael writes about it in there is something i agree with :
The guilds themselves are meant to be relatively minor game aspects (we don’t want them to swing games) but bring out the flavor of the world more than spotlighting big mechanics.
the biggest failing of the current ones is they don't really feel interesting gameplay-wise or lorewise. It's something the i want to avoid by focusing on groups that are documented in ffh's lore already, so that we have a basis to integrate them better.

I might reivisit a few of those ( Aeron's Bounty is basically what i called the Occis in my earlier post, and i do think that the ratcatcher guild could offer something in the event of a Crime rework). About the one i mentioned in my earlier post, the only one i have thought about a bit seriously is the Emrys.

The Emrys is a cult revering Ceridwen. Instead of depending on miracled from the goddess, they taught themselves ( she taught them ?) magic. They are much more versed into the arcanes than most and travel all lands to find people with magical aptitude to teach and recruit them. They are deeply associated with the Veil and Especially the Sheaim ( Os-Gabella might be the High Priestess) but tend to be relatively independant as they are all powerful individuals.

In term of Gameplay, that would translate into a cult either founded by the sheaim or appearing in civs diving into magic. Once it appears in one of your cities, your adept units built in the city would receive bonuses ( free promos, special boosts, unique spells,...) but they might also join the cult founder on construction. (very low chance at first).
You can either try to root the cult out ( though means to be determined) or help it take roots by building a few ub, increasing the bonuses, the chance that a unit leaves, your alignment towards chaotic evil, crime in your city). Moreover, if you happen to fight Veil civs, your emrys-trained units might decide to switch side.

So basically, you get boosted arcane units, at the cost of occasionally gifting units to some of your rivals, and risking they turn on you if you don't really fit their faith.

it's an early draft and i'd need to get it more detailed but that'd be the idea.

Damn i didn't remember about those, it's been a while. What Kael writes about it in there is something i agree with :

the biggest failing of the current ones is they don't really feel interesting gameplay-wise or lorewise. It's something the i want to avoid by focusing on groups that are documented in ffh's lore already, so that we have a basis to integrate them better.

I might reivisit a few of those ( Aeron's Bounty is basically what i called the Occis in my earlier post, and i do think that the ratcatcher guild could offer something in the event of a Crime rework). About the one i mentioned in my earlier post, the only one i have thought about a bit seriously is the Emrys.

The Emrys is a cult revering Ceridwen. Instead of depending on miracled from the goddess, they taught themselves ( she taught them ?) magic. They are much more versed into the arcanes than most and travel all lands to find people with magical aptitude to teach and recruit them. They are deeply associated with the Veil and Especially the Sheaim ( Os-Gabella might be the High Priestess) but tend to be relatively independant as they are all powerful individuals.

In term of Gameplay, that would translate into a cult either founded by the sheaim or appearing in civs diving into magic. Once it appears in one of your cities, your adept units built in the city would receive bonuses ( free promos, special boosts, unique spells,...) but they might also join the cult founder on construction. (very low chance at first).
You can either try to root the cult out ( though means to be determined) or help it take roots by building a few ub, increasing the bonuses, the chance that a unit leaves, your alignment towards chaotic evil, crime in your city). Moreover, if you happen to fight Veil civs, your emrys-trained units might decide to switch side.

So basically, you get boosted arcane units, at the cost of occasionally gifting units to some of your rivals, and risking they turn on you if you don't really fit their faith.

it's an early draft and i'd need to get it more detailed but that'd be the idea.

Sounds good. I was working on adding an "Adventurer's Guild" to the mod, which would grant you "Character Classes", a la Dungeons and Dragons, that were Command Units. They were the only ones that could find specific artifacts in Dungeons, could lead lesser troops in battle, but still attack, everyone could have them, if you wanted to spend the gold and the time to make one (They weren't cheap) and they were essentially "Heroes" that were made by the player, during the game. Each "Class" had it's own Level Promotions that it could choose from, in addition to all the other promotions. Considering I found my magic item notes, I probably have them here or on one of my external drives.

When I was playing RiFE 3.blah.. blah..... I would collect as many Adventurers as I could, to make my own "heroes", if you will (I typically play Amurites, so I don't get that many.) These heroes were set to be what I needed at the time, unit-wise, but they really could make or break a Deity game, depending on who I was in battle with and who was on the map.

I may take a look back at this, when I'm done with converting all my magic items. I'll probably need help with the code (if it needs any), though.

I made a new PSD file for buttons, specifically to use for AoE. Borders are the default color, gold, copper, mithril, and platinum. I'm debating to setup color schemes specifically for spells, equipment, etc., to make it easier to figure out what buttons are what in-game. I know, from personal experience, it was hard to notice, if you had a bunch of promotions that had additional effects. I haven't added any glow effects, yet for magic items.

If anyone wants a copy of it to use for their own buttons, let me know and I'll upload it to the forums.

I made a new PSD file for buttons, specifically to use for AoE. Borders are the default color, gold, copper, mithril, and platinum. I'm debating to setup color schemes specifically for spells, equipment, etc., to make it easier to figure out what buttons are what in-game. I know, from personal experience, it was hard to notice, if you had a bunch of promotions that had additional effects. I haven't added any glow effects, yet for magic items.

If anyone wants a copy of it to use for their own buttons, let me know and I'll upload it to the forums.

i'd be interested in seeing that.

Here's the AoE Button Maker (PSD file). It has Borders in Default, Gold, Copper, Platinum and Mithril. It also has Equipment Borders in Default, Gold, Copper, Platinum and Mithril, as well as 13 Background plates and a Background Template. I left the potion image as an example. The above image is using both the Gold Border and the Mithril Equipment Border. This version doesn't include magical effects.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwpB_jpXgx3Ialk1NHY1aXI3ODQ

that looks good.

The image or the PSD file? :lol:

Thanks, I wanted to add something that anyone can use. I'm a bit at a loss, though on how to do magical effects. I was thinking of adding glow effects to the border and changing borders to look like glowing borders. I'm just not sure. As it stands, though, we can use this to replace all the ugly buttons that came with vanilla Civ.

Now, I just need to render out some spellbooks and scrolls. :p

Me, just mucking about last night. I won't be using the original RiFE image. Just testing smoke and texture effects.

What about the second one? Still trying to figure out what to do with the text, though.

just commited a small revision with a bunch of fixes that were reported here:
-fixed missing text in fugitive Event
-fixed air units being able to explore lair or claim fort
-fixed mana guardian remaining leashed after capture
-tentative fix for the diplomacy stuff
-some mercenary fixes
-blocked temporary promotions from mimic effect

Also, if people are interested, we're looking for help writing diplomacy lines for leaders missing them (and also for rebalancing the leaders ai diplomacy values, i've written a guide on how to do it in the download).

Also, if people are interested, we're looking for help writing diplomacy lines for leaders missing them (and also for rebalancing the leaders ai diplomacy values, i've written a guide on how to do it in the download).

Is this in the 14.11 archive? I have that one, but didn't know if it was updated, without a number revision update.

Top Bottom