Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Dynamic names have a generic vassal name system that defaults to [Master adjective] [Vassal name]. In other words, are you sure "French Congo" isn't already what the existing system produces?

I don't know why, but my chinese game crashes just after the mongol spawn... Here is a save from two turns before the crash. Thanks for looking for it !
I'm sorry, but no crash for me.

View attachment 415872 Don't know if it belongs here as it's not really a bug, but there are two Ayutthayas in my game.
Everything seems to be in order with the code, do you have more information about how this might have come about? Who founded the city, and did someone else hold it before it went to the Mughals? If you have the save I can also find out more this way.

This is the only savegame i have.
http://www.filedropper.com/hammurabistoneageturn300

Beware: opening this file, the game will be over, and it updated the hall of fame.

Well!
Try this savegame!
http://www.filedropper.com/hammurabigmturn304

I cheated it adding a Great Merchant using World Builder.:scan:

I tried to click on bulb an discover CoL.
And no popup, again! :goodjob:

Let me know.
Unfortunately those links have expired. Do you still have the saves?

Everything seems to be in order with the code, do you have more information about how this might have come about? Who founded the city, and did someone else hold it before it went to the Mughals? If you have the save I can also find out more this way.

I don't think I have the save anymore, but if I find it again, I'll make sure to get it.

Also today my game crashes (with the hrtechs branch), when I hit next turn.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1936 Turn 416.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
Unable to spread religion to other civs that have open borders and aren't running fanaticism civic... makes spanish uhv a tad harder than usual.

Not sure if this an intentional mechanic now. But if so, can someone explain to me the logic behind it and how youre suppose to spread religion now?

using version 1.14 btw

Religion can only be spread to its historical regions unless the Civilisation who controls a city outside of a religions 'region' has that religion as their state one. For Spain, I think spread Catholicism UHV is meant to be achieved by founding many cities in the Americas, and military conquest (with subsequent spread of religion). Another way this might be achieved would be through extensive war or espionage (to set their tech rate back) against Catholic civs that usually trigger the Protestant reformation, such as Holy Rome, England, and Sweden. It's not uncommon for Printing Press to remain undiscovered in Europe in 1.14 by 1650 if the aforementioned civs are doing poorly.

Unable to spread religion to other civs that have open borders and aren't running fanaticism civic... makes spanish uhv a tad harder than usual.

Not sure if this an intentional mechanic now. But if so, can someone explain to me the logic behind it and how youre suppose to spread religion now?

using version 1.14 btw

Well, the way to spread religions is to send missionaries to foreing city and try to SPREAD.
Condition is open border (unless your missionary is able to travel without OB, like tibet or so).
Another condition is foreing civic. Fanaticism does not allow spread of different religions.

In my game with spanish i had to fight in europe in order to convert those eretic protestants :king::queen: :ar15::devil:
Then i spreaded catholicism in south america and philipines.
(The hard UHV target was to defeat and convert protestants. Then spread catholicism was a piece of cake).

Here it is!
http://www.filedropper.com/hammurabigmturn304

btw, does anybody know a better server where to post attachments that do not expire?
Great, thanks! Why don't you simply attach the file to your post at CFC directly? It's not unusual for me to go back a couple months and I've never had problems with the files attached here, they even survived the forum migration.

Why don't you simply attach the file to your post at CFC directly?
In the old forum i was not able to find how to upload a file.
In this one it is easier. But i uploaded my savegame before my answer to you.
Tomorrow i'll upload my savegame again using forum upload button.

Okay good. I'll look at it later.

It's unimportant, but how does that green bar during autoplay work? Is there a reason why at around 125/250 turns it is still only around 25% filled?

Yes, the bar is filling exponentially to reflect that late turns take longer than early turns.

Dynamic names have a generic vassal name system that defaults to [Master adjective] [Vassal name]. In other words, are you sure "French Congo" isn't already what the existing system produces?

I don't know what that means, but it looks like if Congo's French vassal name didn't exist, unlike the others, for example, I have in my vassal list:
-New France (America).
-Departments of Portugal (Portugal).
-TXT_KEY_FRENCH_CONGO (Congo).
-French Mandate of Saudi-Arabia.
-Confederation of the Rhine.

And as you can see, that looks ugly and distracting. I once saw the same problem when Inca was Russia's vassal.

Oh that's what's happening. I'll fix this.

These days I'm playing Greek, and i found that Greece Heavy Swordsman does not have proper model. It is represents on the map just as a red ball. Please fix.

Top Bottom