• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Music of Civ VI

From the samples I have heard, I think the music sounds amazing. The first thing I'm going to do is to check the game folder and listen to the soundtrack before I start playing the game.
Me too, in fact I'm going to be picking my first civ between Japan, Egypt, Russia, Sumeria and Norway based on which one has the better theme I think. That Japanese modern one posted above is going to be pretty hard to beat, but I have high expectations for Russia and Egypt, since I loved the Africa/Middle East themes in CivV.

From the samples I have heard, I think the music sounds amazing. The first thing I'm going to do is to check the game folder and listen to the soundtrack before I start playing the game.
DA:I released the soundtrack before the game was out. It sure would be nice if they did the same for Civ6. *hint**hint* :mischief:

DA:I released the soundtrack before the game was out. It sure would be nice if they did the same for Civ6. *hint**hint* :mischief:

It would sure drive pre-orders*, given how acclaimed the last few Civ soundtracks have been.

*Like mine! Who am I kidding I'm pre-ordering the Digital Deluxe anyways.

I must say I'm really surprised they haven't released Civ VI soundtrack stuff this close to release. I remember for Civ V we had the music well in advance (and it was awesome).

This appears that this is Russia's Theme:

:) Heard on the Battle Royal stream!

It might just be background music, but it's such a well known Russian folk song that I think it's a pretty safe bet.

Funny, I was thinking to myself that they may use Kalinka for Russia and it looks like they did. I wonder if Korobeiniki (tetris theme) will appear. They seem to use secondary songs that sound similar to the leader's theme music. Or at least play them similar in instrumental and aural texture.

Epitaph of Seikilos is back as Greece's theme, and it sounds wonderful! :) The Information Age rendition is quite the delight to listen to!
If nothing else, this stream has been great to hear the music first hand, I love it!

It looks like there's almost no neutral music, just different Civ's themes over and over again. :(

But well, maybe it's different when you're actually playing the game.

There are neutral tunes like Greensleeves and some other ones which were too brief to be Civ themes, but yes, it seems civ music repeats much more in Civ VI. Not sure if I like that change, but we'll see.

I do agree that, while marvelous to listen to, having the same leader themes on repeat through the entire game will get tiring fast. I don't expect Firaxis to rebalance this in time for the release, but I do hope it gets fixed eventually - through patch or through mod.

The music is repetetive, TOO repetetive. TOO LITTLE MUSIC in the game.

Thanks for the note. Do you have a source, and/or do you know if those who have pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition will get it then?

I spoke with Chris the composer. I think what the digital deluxe is getting is different, as he mentioned that his music is only on the official soundtrack.

It isn't 100% clear, but the digital deluxe seems to have music from various Civ games, including 6.

This appears that this is Russia's Theme:

:) Heard on the Battle Royal stream!

It might just be background music, but it's such a well known Russian folk song that I think it's a pretty safe bet.
Gimme my virtual cookie!
I would suggest some more "peaceful" pieces for Russia:

1. Moscow Nights - very iconic piece that you will find in every music box made in Russia.

2. Kalinka - if you want something faster. Although the original piece becomes TOO fast and can feel like a "clown fiesta" in a chill setting of Civ games.

3. Okay, maybe Katyusha because the song is OP and sounds great with only balalaika or gusli in ancient eras.... but I'd prefer Moscow Nights.

The music is repetetive, TOO repetetive. TOO LITTLE MUSIC in the game.
Those were my concerns from the beginning. You can't possibly have a large selection of songs with progressing themes if you don't use some licensed songs too. Real shame that they traded dozens of hours of music for 4 versions of the same song.

I love how Firaxis gives us an amazing music experience this time, and people yet find a reason to complain. This should be renamed from General Discussion to General Whining forum.

Incidentally, can someone show me any single game ever made (and I mean any game, not just a 4X one) that on release (I am not talking about things added in expansion packs) had "dozens of hours of music"?

Incidentally, can someone show me any single game ever made (and I mean any game, not just a 4X one) that on release (I am not talking about things added in expansion packs) had "dozens of hours of music"?

Yes, this game is Civ V.

And I'm not talking about "dozens of hours of music". Just a few more tracks per civ.

Top Bottom