Music of Civ VI

Ah! Awesome! I wish he uploaded the ambient songs though. According to a youtube comment, that quotes Knorr...:

"Good to hear from you again! (...)

For the music of Portugal, I'm very thankful to have been able to work with the performer Cordeone, who was helpful in guiding me through traditional Portuguese music. Most of the selections come from the fado genre. The main era themes are arrangements of "Fado Menor." The additional songs you'll hear in the ancient era are "Fado Corrido," "Fado Mouraria," "Fado Hilario," "Malhao Velho," from the Minho region and "Ceifeira," from the Alentejo region." "Also, (he said that) the Torre de Belém Wonder uses a very short excerpt of “Magnificat Octavi Toni a 3” by Portuguese renaissance composer Pedro do Porto. "

Is is therefore of the utmost importance (see my user location) that I hear this song as soon as possible, because only on Saturday will I get to play the game!

Same as the last DLC, the filename correspondence for the music wem files is still incorrect this time. For those who are interested, below are the real correspondence:
990773048 PortugalAncient_FadoHilario_SoloGuitarra
944594371 PortugalAncient_Ceifeira_AllInst
752952173 PortugalAncient_FadoMouraria
520096582 PortugalAncient_FadoCorrido
498901471 PortugalAncient_MalhaoVelho_SoloGuitarra
647609249 PortugalAncient_FadoHilario_AllInst
87516620 PortugalAncient_MalhaoVelho_Allinst
333194308 Portugual_Medieval
68070020 Portugal_Industrial
492677584 Portugal_Atomic
429717480 PortugalAncient_Theme1_FadoMenor_SoloGuitarra
551338013 PortugalAncient_Theme2_Ceifeira_SoloGuitarra

Last edited:
The mislabeled wem files twice in a roll (Vietnam and Portugal DLC), makes me wonder if it was intentional on Firaxis' part. Decoy files to deter people from extracting the soundtrack?

Am I the only one who hears a little bit of Hotel California in the Portuguese theme? :mischief:
Has anyone else noticed that when a leader screen pops up, the current playing music no longer fades away with the leaders music gradually replacing it; and sadly instead the current music cuts off dead, which I find quite jarring :sad:

Am I the only one who hears a little bit of Hotel California in the Portuguese theme? :mischief:
Has anyone else noticed that when a leader screen pops up, the current playing music no longer fades away with the leaders music gradually replacing it; and sadly instead the current music cuts off dead, which I find quite jarring :sad:

Nah, I heard that too immediately. The similarity is quite striking.

The music cut-off seems to only happen while playing certain civs. I just went for a game of Gandhi, no issues. Before that Portugal, issues. Wondering if it's an NFP thing.

Stumbled across this magnificent piano composition based on "Hurrian Hymn to Nikkal No. 6," the theme for Phoenicia (and a definite influence on Sumer's theme). Thought others here would enjoy it.

The link doesn't work for me. But I checked 30 secs. on Amazon - it's the same album where you can find 'Czerwieniaska' (spelled 'Czerwienianska').

Compare these two:

Track start time: 12:33

Maybe he used more songs from this album than just one and combined them also. For example, for me the atomic theme part after drums sounds like modernised version of 'Czerwieniaska' and the piano part is probably some kind of tribute to Chopin.

EDIT:
Seems Guandao is right. Ancient them sounds like "Hej, idem w las". It's not easy to tell cos voices kinda override the music. But this means they used at least 3 songs for Poland music, maybe even 5.

PolandThemeAncient - 'Hej, idem w las'
PolandThemeMedieval - 'Hej, idem w las'
Poland_Theme_Industrial - 'Hej, idem w las'
Poland_Theme_Modern - 'Hej, idem w las'
PolandAncientDance_New - ?
PolandTheme2 - 'Hej, idem w las'
PolandTheme3 - 'Hej, idem w las'
PolandClarinetFolkDance - ?
PolandCzerwienneSong - 'Czerwieniaska'
PolandFestivalDance - ?

So maybe Guandao should also ask about 3 missing tracks so we could have full list :D

Really beating a dead horse here, but has anybody actually found out what those 3 unknown songs are? I’ve been trying to find them for years and it’s really been bothering me.

The link doesn't work for me. But I checked 30 secs. on Amazon - it's the same album where you can find 'Czerwieniaska' (spelled 'Czerwienianska').

Compare these two:

Track start time: 12:33

Maybe he used more songs from this album than just one and combined them also. For example, for me the atomic theme part after drums sounds like modernised version of 'Czerwieniaska' and the piano part is probably some kind of tribute to Chopin.

EDIT:
Seems Guandao is right. Ancient them sounds like "Hej, idem w las". It's not easy to tell cos voices kinda override the music. But this means they used at least 3 songs for Poland music, maybe even 5.

PolandThemeAncient - 'Hej, idem w las'
PolandThemeMedieval - 'Hej, idem w las'
Poland_Theme_Industrial - 'Hej, idem w las'
Poland_Theme_Modern - 'Hej, idem w las'
PolandAncientDance_New - ?
PolandTheme2 - 'Hej, idem w las'
PolandTheme3 - 'Hej, idem w las'
PolandClarinetFolkDance - ?
PolandCzerwienneSong - 'Czerwieniaska'
PolandFestivalDance - ?

So maybe Guandao should also ask about 3 missing tracks so we could have full list :D
Okay so I asked Roland Rizzo about this and he did tell me about the 3 mystery songs. It turns out all of the tunes he used was from this single album https://www.amazon.com/Polish-Folk-...sh+folk+&+traditional+music,popular,74&sr=1-4

Hej Ide W Las and Czerwieniaska are on there.

PolandClarinetFolkDance is ‘Wprowadzony’ or Introduction

PolandFestivalDance is Gdzies Byl Jasinku or Where were you, Johnny?

Unfortunately Rizzo doesn’t remember the name of the song PolandAncientDance is based on, but it IS a song in the album. I have tried searching every song on Spotify and YouTube and listen to all of them but so far I can’t easily recognize any as the PolandAncientDance track. I assume Rizzo used different instruments to play the melody. It also doesn’t help that these recordings are from the 50s and it shows. If anybody can help me out that would be great!

Check it out.. I was listening to civ 6 maori theme and the lyrics which I liked so much at first I used to think it was a christmas carol. I saw the lyrics, they were a little lovey but they sounded so well!

Also I forgot to mention it before but I barely remembered and would like to share civilization 5's Berceuse but this time played on violin.. I don't know anyone on the video but it sounded awesome to me.. just sharing.

Top Bottom