Donald Trump 'considered invading Venezuela'

FriendlyFire

Codex WMDicanious
Are you [censored] serious ?
A Military adventure in an Oil Rich south American nation. Nothing like a fresh new war to distract the Deploreables from the Six trade wars that Bonespurs just started.

With NeoCon Bolton in charge now having cleaned up the state department and putting in hes Neocon friends. Mattis, MacMasters and soon Kelly will be out. Oh well, its time for Republicans to urinate on the electrical fence again.

Donald Trump 'considered invading Venezuela', reports say

In a meeting last August to discuss sanctions on Venezuela in the Oval Office, Mr Trump asked why he could not just invade the country.

Months later, Mr Trump was briefed not to mention the topic at a private dinner with leaders from four Latin American allies, but the first thing the president said was “my staff told me not to say this” – stunning his advisers at the time.

Mr Trump apparently argued the case and pointed to what he considered past cases of successful gunboat diplomacy in the region, according to the official, like the invasions of Panama and Grenada in the 1980s.

The idea, despite his aides’ best attempts to shoot it down, nonetheless persisted in the president’s head.

The US official said Mr Trump was specifically briefed not to raise the issue and was told it wouldn’t play well, but the first thing the president said at the dinner was: “My staff told me not to say this.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...eting-a8430571.html?amp&utm_source=reddit.com

Obama and Clinton destroyed Libya and Syria. Obama specificaly said he isnt going to bring down ISIS and Clinton was involved in shipping weapons from destroyed Libya to the civil war suffering Syria. Trump got rid of ISIS and is cooperating with Russia in Syria on the top of beginning of the denuclearization of North Korea. I like how Trump is presumably the crazy one here.

It seems Donald is just trying to get leverage by saying: "I have these dogs. They bark and they can also bite if I let them!"

Reagan used Grenada to boost morale after Vietnam.
But Grenada was just a dot on the map with an extreme radical left revolution just behind.

Venezuela will become messy with 30 million people, and upset a lot of people. Not only in South America.
Not to mention the precedent effect on the geopolitical scale.

Then he'll invade the sun and put a stop to global warming once and for all.
Now i know what you are thinking; "Isn't the surface of the sun like thousands of degrees?" And you're right, but our fearless leader has a brilliant plan to get around this. He will attack at night when it is cooler.

Are you [censored] serious ?
A Military adventure in an Oil Rich south American nation. Nothing like a fresh new war to distract the Deploreables from the Six trade wars that Bonespurs just started.

With NeoCon Bolton in charge now having cleaned up the state department and putting in hes Neocon friends. Mattis, MacMasters and soon Kelly will be out. Oh well, its time for Republicans to urinate on the electrical fence again.

Happy 4th July USA!
Locking up kids in cages isn't enough. You need a song to go with it.

The citizens of Venezuela would probably welcome Trump as their savior at this point.

/edit: Ha, knew it!

“The concern is that it raised expectations among Venezuelans, many of whom are waiting for an external actor to save them.”

Last edited:
Obama and Clinton destroyed Libya and Syria. Obama specificaly said he isnt going to bring down ISIS and Clinton was involved in shipping weapons from destroyed Libya to the civil war suffering Syria. Trump got rid of ISIS and is cooperating with Russia in Syria on the top of beginning of the denuclearization of North Korea. I like how Trump is presumably the crazy one here.

It seems Donald is just trying to get leverage by saying: "I have these dogs. They bark and they can also bite if I let them!"

I like how you're still whatabouting a year and a half into Trump's term.

How about, just this once, you try assessing his actions on their own merits? Because the only reasonable conclusion I can draw is that you are unable to do so. So you resort to whataboutism every. Single. Time.

Well I mean I guess he could have invaded Mexico instead and literally made them pay for the wall. Knocking off Maduro and co might at least have some kind of benefit for the Venezuela.

Trump has nothing to gain from an invasion of Venezuela.
The U.S. has nothing to gain from an invasion of Venezuela.
Trump is an isolationist, not a NeoCon.
Trump has not tweeted on this..
I call B.S.

Trump is definitively not an isolationist. He supported plenty of aggressive foreign policies when he was a nobody politically and only later turned against those same policies when the winds shifted.

Trump is definitively not an isolationist. He supported plenty of aggressive foreign policies when he was a nobody politically and only later turned against those same policies when the winds shifted.

Indeed. This "Trump is an isolationist" bit was always total BS. He's dropping more bombs than Obama did and is constantly creeping missions in the ME and Africa.

Indeed. This "Trump is an isolationist" bit was always total BS. He's dropping more bombs than Obama did and is constantly creeping missions in the ME and Africa.
Link please or I will start calling you mr. Big Mouth. WHAT ABOUT some source, huh?

I like how you're still whatabouting a year and a half into Trump's term.

How about, just this once, you try assessing his actions on their own merits? Because the only reasonable conclusion I can draw is that you are unable to do so. So you resort to whataboutism every. Single. Time.
Context. Matters. Much. The war crimes of Obama and Clinton and others is the context in which I am judging Trump.

Why is it now news ?

It was already public in August last year.

Top Bottom