Random Raves LII: Years May Come, Years May Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife went to the grocery store today and while there her iPhone was stolen. Most like plucked from her back pocket. She discovered it an hour later after she was back. We checked the "find my iPhone" app on her iPad. Her phone was a few miles away at a park in a less desirable part of town. What to do? I got in the car and drove to the park with my wife texting me from her iPad on the phone's location. I pulled up next to a pickup truck with two women in it. and asked if they had found an iPhone.

"No."
Are you sure? We have a tracker on the phone and it says it is here.
"Oh, What color is the phone?"
Purple. [She had the phone in her hand.]
"I Bought it for $100."
You bought a stolen phone. I'm sorry.
"I am not going to lose $100"
Your problem is with the guy you bought it from. Lets go talk to him.
"I don't who his is"
I'm sorry. I want the phone back please.
"You gonna give me $100?"
I don't have $100.
"We could go to an atm."
You could just give me the phone.
"I'm not going to lose my $100"

No progress in sight. I opened my wallet and showed her that I had 2 $20s and a $5.

Take this.
"OK" and she handed me the phone.

She drove off and I snapped a picture of her license plate. :)

All's well that ends well.
You're lucky you didn't get knifed. :goodjob:

I hope they're not as creepy as those people who addressed Valka out of the blue when she posted a rant here…

I hope they're not as creepy as those people who addressed Valka out of the blue when she posted a rant here…
That was a courier company that must not be named, lest they do it again. I had to ask Ori to leave it up long enough for me to get a screenshot, before permabanning them. Then I wrote a scathing email (with said screenshot) to tell them that they basically stalked me on a gaming forum, caused me distress, and made extra work for the forum staff, to get rid of that bot-created account. I said that rather than appreciating their "customer service", I planned to tell the online businesses I order from to never use them for deliveries again.

I remembered it when I read your post because earlier this week I was going through image folders and found a couple of screenshots of the issue.

I remembered it when I read your post because earlier this week I was going through image folders and found a couple of screenshots of the issue.
You took screenshots of a courier company bot stalking me?

:hide:

There's no Euro 2021 thread, so...

Italy-Turkey 3-0. Off to a great start. :woohoo:

You took screenshots of a courier company bot stalking me?

:hide:
Actually, you asked me to and IIRC I emailed you the pictures so you could show them to the company-that-shall-not-be-named.

There's no Euro 2021 thread, so...

Italy-Turkey 3-0. Off to a great start. :woohoo:
There's a football thread over at Sports Talk. It could use some love.

June is our hottest month. It's been in the high 90s all week and we are heading towards 100+ next week. So today we got milkshakes for dinner.

:yeah: Sounds delicioso. :D

[offtopic] Here, we have "shakes," not "milkshakes." `:nono: I inadvertently use the word "milkshake" to a waitress a few months and confused the heck out of her. :confused: I might have well have asked for unicorn stakes. :dunno:
Made with milk and real ice cream.

Milkshakes-2019.jpg

Actually, you asked me to and IIRC I emailed you the pictures so you could show them to the company-that-shall-not-be-named.
Did I?

It must have been stressful to the point that I don't remember everything correctly.

Thank you for helping me. :)

A wonderful date tonight. It was so nice to kiss another human being. It's been so long I had almost forgotten that tingly feeling...

A wonderful date tonight. It was so nice to kiss another human being. It's been so long I had almost forgotten that tingly feeling...
Now I am envious! Hopefully not for very long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom