Random Rants noventa y tres: The Incredible Hulk will not be presented this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went hiking a few days ago and it was a fun hike but also a really muddy trail with some steep climbs up and down, and now it's a few days later and my knees feel like Jello.

My legs are feeling better but also I've come down with Covid. Already feeling better than yesterday (I was pretty feverish and tired yesterday) but that still sucks

I had to pick up something I ordered (parcel), so went to the depot. At first it wasn't there, since the delivery person hadn't returned from their round, so I got asked to return half an hour later.
When I returned, I deliberately had memorized the code (not long, 14 symbols), which led to the receptionist having to ask me to slow down. Got her, you should never presuppose it will be read :p
Anyway, probably only I thought it was a funny change.
Next time I could have a more monotonous voice, and say something to the tune of "the parcel /code is what I want".

Yet more on the hostile dog (I mean, it'd be worse to actually have a thread on it, and it is a rant :p )
This day the problematic dog was being petted by a woman, so I assumed that it would likely be either distracted or not into abandoning that position of comfort so as to once again go on the parody of holy war against me some confused flashback compels it to.
I was, of course, wrong.
In fact this time it was quite a bit more into it, and followed me twice, barking very angrily and feigning an attack ( I had to turn back twice, to look at it, at which point it again became conscious of how dangerous an actual attack would be).

If it wasn't just a pitiful dog, I'd try to see if changing stuff might lead to different conclusions, eg wearing very different color of clothing. Doubt it is smell-related, at any rate, given I use different perfume from time to time, and the dog reacted the same.

Maybe someone who vaguely looks like me, at least to the dog, nearly beat it to death or something. Who knows.

ignore the thing . You are watching him , he watches you watching him , so obviously no really bright or something , he thinks you will attack him . They like smell fear or whatever .

Yet more on the hostile dog (I mean, it'd be worse to actually have a thread on it, and it is a rant :p )
This day the problematic dog was being petted by a woman, so I assumed that it would likely be either distracted or not into abandoning that position of comfort so as to once again go on the parody of holy war against me some confused flashback compels it to.
I was, of course, wrong.
In fact this time it was quite a bit more into it, and followed me twice, barking very angrily and feigning an attack ( I had to turn back twice, to look at it, at which point it again became conscious of how dangerous an actual attack would be).

If it wasn't just a pitiful dog, I'd try to see if changing stuff might lead to different conclusions, eg wearing very different color of clothing. Doubt it is smell-related, at any rate, given I use different perfume from time to time, and the dog reacted the same.

Maybe someone who vaguely looks like me, at least to the dog, nearly beat it to death or something. Who knows.

Nah, hormones. Dogs can smell quite a lot about you, and the anxiety and fear are quite distinct and make dogs uneasy. I dare to say that the presence of the woman exacerbated the issue. Dogs are usually quite protective of those they like.

Nah, hormones. Dogs can smell quite a lot about you, and the anxiety and fear are quite distinct and make dogs uneasy. I dare to say that the presence of the woman exacerbated the issue. Dogs are usually quite protective of those they like.
:lol:
I mean, the woman in question was very old and it wouldn't register that way :p
I will agree with r16, there's no use trying to find elaborate ways of dealing with a cretin.

:lol:
I mean, the woman in question was very old and it wouldn't register that way :p
I will agree with r16, there's no use trying to find elaborate ways of dealing with a cretin.

It doesn't have to be that way. She's just part of his pack.
Y'know, I just realized...he might be just yankin' your chain. I've experienced dogs causing mischief for fun. You sound like easy mark for him..he wants to see you run. Just for fun. I wouldn't try testing that theory though, if you have no experience with dogs.

Exams coming up and I'm in trouble. Ranted about it earlier this year but health right was down the drains for a long time. Recovered from some of it but I'm still more or less exhausted. Been mostly like that all year. I've never been like this before, continuously completely drained in my body. And my head is all syrupy. Concentrating on stuff is kinda impossible. Some days I'm a bit better but it never lasts. Anyway, studies thuswisely in shambles this semester. Fingers crossed my head will function enough but make an effort on exam days. Low expectations though. Really really looking forward to a summer break, got some plans for some R&R. If everything's the same next semester I'll just have to cut some things to reduce my workload to a minimum. No point fighting my body. Hopefully things will turn for the better though. :)

Exams coming up and I'm in trouble. Ranted about it earlier this year but health right was down the drains for a long time. Recovered from some of it but I'm still more or less exhausted. Been mostly like that all year. I've never been like this before, continuously completely drained in my body. And my head is all syrupy. Concentrating on stuff is kinda impossible. Some days I'm a bit better but it never lasts. Anyway, studies thuswisely in shambles this semester. Fingers crossed my head will function enough but make an effort on exam days. Low expectations though. Really really looking forward to a summer break, got some plans for some R&R. If everything's the same next semester I'll just have to cut some things to reduce my workload to a minimum. No point fighting my body. Hopefully things will turn for the better though. :)
:(
I hope you get through it. Nice to see you post. Liked for the last sentence!

:(
I hope you get through it. Nice to see you post. Liked for the last sentence!
Thanks my dude! I've still been around just not posting much. It'll be what it'll be. But come summer I'll be sure to de-stress some with my fam with some fishing and a bit of light traveling. And whatever I'm in the mood and got the energy for. I also aim to plant some strawberry bushes and stuff. Summer can't come soon enough. Tired of this nonsense now. :)

:grouphug: You need something to unwind. I suppose that drinking half a litre of Armenian-style coffee laced with sugar and saying ‘JEG ER SNERKHOLIO’ is too much, but you still should find something that allows you to reduce stress.

btw have you considered travelling to lower latitudes? Places where the sun sets and rises every day, which helps with depression and other health problems. Of course, it can be financially problematic, but still.

Would've loved to go relax somewhere with some sun and warmth this winter. But I didn't have the time nor energy for that. And yeah I also can't spend too much currency on luxury things. As for summer I'm going a trip to Denmark which will be nice. First time travelling with the wee one. Further lower in latitude I've no plans for just now but that might be too hot for me in summertime anyway. I'm not built for the type of heat this planet is now enduring in summer.

The wee one? You've had Snerklets?

Wow, I either didn't ever hear or didn't remember.
That's great news, but also one of the reasons why you're so tired. Being a new (and first-time!) dad is challenging.

it's totally not suspicious that marykb had a child at about the same time

It most definitely hasn't helped no! Although his mother would have a thing or two to say if I give the impression that I've taken a massive share of the work load involved. Luckily she is a kind understanding woman and she knows my situation.

edit: is mary still around?

Rant: somebody is about to take my thread! Now I'll have to make active efforts to retake it!
It most definitely hasn't helped no! Although his mother would have a thing or two to say if I give the impression that I've taken a massive share of the work load involved. Luckily she is a kind understanding woman and she knows my situation.

edit: is mary still around?
Hmmm. Well, your fathering will come in the doses that it shall be able to come.

Also, Mary's not been around much for some time. I don't know whether she's on the peri-CFC Discords or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom