Bug Reports and Technical Issues

For some reason my Privateers can not sink Tamils boats.
They simply can not enter the same square as them.
Its not a single ship and only Tamils, I have seen it several times in this game.

Savegame attached for game version 1.17.1

I'm sure Leoreth will investigate this curiosity. Meanwhile, declaring war allowed me to attack Tamil ships.

No.

Playing as Mexico on game version 1.17.1.
First vote in United Nations seems very strange to me. What am I voting for?
See attached files for UN popup and savegame (simply end turn to see popup).
Edit: The vote seems to have been to release one of Ottomans vassals, not sure exactly which one...

Attachments

• StrangeUnitedNationVoteScrolledDown.PNG
    StrangeUnitedNationVoteScrolledDown.PNG
    254.3 KB · Views: 73
  • StrangeUnitedNationVote1.PNG
    StrangeUnitedNationVote1.PNG
    18.8 MB · Views: 74
  • Cardenas AD-1904-July Turn 1193.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
not quite sure where to put this curiosity.
If you switch to the Chinese after playing Egypt they have masonry and alloys in addition to the the usual techs that you get if you start as them.

1706200259876.png

After capturing New York as the Vikings I lost population from emigration even though the city is in the New World. I'm assuming this is because I am an Old World civ. Similarly, I haven't noticed any of my New World colonies ever getting any immigration. I don't have a save from before though.

Last edited:
When switching to a new civ after achieving two UHV's a couple of python errors appear and the names of civilizations in the civilopedia are replaced by numbers.

Attachments

• Suryavarman II AD-0800 Turn 201 switch to khmer with errors.CivBeyondSwordSave
    638.8 KB · Views: 3
Looking at a game of mine recently, I think there is a Bug in Civic "Secularism":

as it says: "+1 happiness per Non-State religion in a city."

But looking at my cities, I only received a bonus of +1 culture for each religion.

But I wasn't getting +1 happiness for each religion, since when you adhere to civic secularism you are obliged to keep your religion as "No State", so if I have two religions (Catholicism and Protestantism in Durban) in one city I should be receiving +1 happiness from each one for a total of two.

Is this also happening in your game?

Because when you have other Civics (tolerance or Clergy...) and estate religion, the description "in our religion we trust" comes showing that you are gaining +1 happiness from that state religion while the other religions do not even give culture .

Isn't this the mistake that Civic "secularism" is giving +1culture when it should be giving +1 happiness?

Every non-state religion gives -1 happiness by default, so with Secularism you get neither happiness nor unhappiness from non-state religions.

When switching to a new civ after achieving two UHV's a couple of python errors appear and the names of civilizations in the civilopedia are replaced by numbers.
Please upload a save from before switching civilizations.

For some reason my Privateers can not sink Tamils boats.
They simply can not enter the same square as them.
Its not a single ship and only Tamils, I have seen it several times in this game.

Savegame attached for game version 1.17.1
The reason for this is that the game uses the barbarian player to check whether a privateer can attack a target - it's only possible if the target is at war with barbarians. That is normally always the case but was prevented by a bug that has been fixed with 1.17.3 and later versions.

not sure if this is a bug or WID,
but the Protestant Holy City spawned in Hamburg when I (England) was the first to discover Acacemia.
Attaching a savefile on the turn before Reformation.
View attachment 681170View attachment 681171

playing on git commit b826c417c961dfaf8a639a8eadcfba0ddf9901b2 (release 1.17.3)
Frankfurt already is the Protestant holy city in the save you uploaded. I think you just missed it.

Loading in as Germany in 1700 AD does not allow for switching of free civics. Is this a bug? I figure it’s maybe the norm for the older nations to not have that option for the 1700 start (haven’t checked), but Germany is born on this turn

(By Germany here I mean Prussia, not Holy Rome)

Respawning China with 2 cities one from Korea and one from Japan.
My Japan civ is stable(+17) and the vassal Korea Unstable.
Also there are more unstable civs in the world as Ottomans are Collapsing.
Game version 1.17.1 savegame the turn before attached.

Attachments

• Meiji AD-1819 Turn 1050a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
Before I check this, did you control all of the cities that respawned China receives?

I controlled 1 city Beijing as Japan, but not 1 other city that Korea held.
But Korea was my vassal (not that I think that should matter).
China respawned with 2 cities. Japan held many more cities in the Chinese core though.
Why did Beijing get selected out?
My expected behavior if Korea was unstable enough, was that China would only their their 1 city, or Korea would collapse totally.

No, that's not quite how it works. For a respawn to happen most (but not all) cities need to be held by civilizations that are sufficiently unstable, but once the respawn happens your stability does not matter for determining which cities become part of the respawn.

Well I am saying it seems not very logical to the player that we should loose cities to a respawn because a neighbor civ is unstable.

Well I am saying it seems not very logical to the player that we should loose cities to a respawn because a neighbor civ is unstable.
Is it not? If we imagine one expression of a "respawn" in CivIV terms as a revolt to reestablish a prior government/regime/dynasty/polity/etc, I think your example fits well, especially since your vassal is effectively an extension of your rule. We can imagine your subject mismanaging their allotted lands (aka instability) to the extent that a mass rebellion gains sufficient momentum to suddenly oust your own dynasty's appointed viceroy seated in Beijing. ***If*** we accept this proposed model it would at least appear less logical for a widespread rebellion representing a civilization in the broadest sense (crudely "all the Chinese people") to politely forego their old capital because the game code says "Nah, this city is held by a different Civ".

This would mean you can never take any cities in any other civilizations core.
With the current respawn criteria you may loose them at any time because the civ respawns.
Regardless if you are Solid/Stable.
They game becomes unplayable when you are trying accomplish UHVs where you need to conquer cities in other civs cores.
You can design a game which is historically accurate or a game where someone actually plays it.

Top Bottom