[RD] Is NATO a threat to Russia? If so, how?

Chechnya, Georgia, Syria, Crimea, Donbas, Ukraine.

I'm not excusing the moronic invasions of Afghanistan and Syria, but really, surely you must have heard the old saying "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Demographical growth depends almost exclusively on the number of young women and their fertility rate.

If men die at a faster rate than woman can reproduce to replace those men, then your growth is negative. The average life expectancy of Russian men is around 64 years. It's 82 years for Scandinavian men. The true cost of war and vodka, I guess.

If men die at a faster rate than woman can reproduce to replace those men, then your growth is negative. The average life expectancy of Russian men is around 64 years. It's 82 years for Scandinavian men. The true cost of war and vodka, I guess.
There are problems which we will fix, I can assure you shouldn't worry about it.
I appreciate your concern about Russia's demographical issues worthy of several posts in a row, didn't expect that tbh.
Can't say I know a lot about Denmark's demography, but from what I heard it's not all good there either.

Had the internet existed in the 1960s, this thread could have fit right in. Same countries repeating the same anti-American screed, same defenses from Westerners. Tiresome.

To answer the OP, no.

Outside of the US and possibly Turkey and France, the Western Euro countries have practically no meaningful military that resist an invasion by practically every country east of the alliance. While current events are changing that dynamic, NATO has been incredibly beneficial for all non-Western Hemisphere members. The money Germany, Belgium, Greece, etc. would traditionally gone to paying soldiers and buying jet fighters instead has been spent on building and sustaining social and civic progress. Socialized medicine, guaranteed parental leave, high quality infrastructure, incredible mass transit, excellent educational systems, etc.

Not to mention rebuilding after the devastation of World War II, partially funded by the US's Marshall Plan.

NATO is costly for America, which is why Trump's desire to pull out of NATO is gaining traction among the electorate, a 180-degree turn from decades of support for NATO. So, if Trump gets elected, many of you will get your wish -- no more being crushed by the jackbooted American imperialists, no more European wars, peace and comity abound. Putin and Xi, after all, are basically peace loving hippies,reluctantly pushed to defend the world against Yankee domination.

I think Trump has a website where people can donate to his campaign.

There is one way in which the intelligence services of the UK, US, Israel and a few other countries cat threaten Russia. And others. Never seriously, but they are worse than an irritation. They could potentially cause political trouble. Terrorism.

"Islamic fanatics are a convenient tool. Somehow these "ISIS" groups over the last decade never attack the US or Israel, even though those are the countries more notoriously "at war" with islam. It's a fact. Wonder why...

Old news often shed light on recent events. Somehow these "militants" find safe heaven for many years in bases and countries that are playgrounds for certain intelligence agencies. They seem to be "kept for further use". Once in a while one or another gets arrested when things become too notorious to hide (as was the case per that piece of news). This has been going on since Afghanistan (the 1980s). Was used to ignite the civil war in Bosnia, where "militants" were used then after Dayton betrayed and several killed, leading btw to one Osama guy being very pissed at the US and the single case of organized blowback against it. But since the "ISIS" cutout was arranged this method of using "islamic militants" seems to have been rather more organized.

I do not thing terrorism with move the russian government one bit, it didn't when it was used during the conflict in the causasus. But neither do I think they're going to simply forgive and forget once the dust settles. From the effort put into capturing terrorists alive my guess is that russian authorities decided on a course of foing very personalized revenge on those who planned and greenlighted the whole thing.

There is one way in which the intelligence services of the UK, US, Israel and a few other countries cat threaten Russia. And others. Never seriously, but they are worse than an irritation. They could potentially cause political trouble. Terrorism.

"Islamic fanatics are a convenient tool. Somehow these "ISIS" groups over the last decade never attack the US or Israel, even though those are the countries more notoriously "at war" with islam. It's a fact. Wonder why...

US Intelligence through the US embassy warned the Russian authorities about the extremist terrorist attack in Moscow. How can that in any way be interpreted as an American 'threat' to Russia?

Here's a list of Isis terrorist incidents since 2013; plenty of strikes against US persons on that list. The reason why Isis has no luck in Israel, is probably because Hamas and Hizbollah would crush them there; they consider Isis an enemy and a rival. The wrong kind of Muslims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_linked_to_the_Islamic_State

The next time US intelligence picks up chatter concerning a forthcoming terrorist strike against Russian civilians, would you prefer if they didn't share that information with Russia?

US Intelligence through the US embassy warned the Russian authorities about the extremist terrorist attack in Moscow. How can that in any way be interpreted as an American 'threat' to Russia?
Politics is the art of self-fulfilling prophecies.

Ah, the nasty Americans manipulating weaker nations like Russia who only want peace.

Whatever. The FSB announced before the attack it had foiled several terror plots in Moscow. Islamist factions in the Caucasus region for an month or more. Can't believe the Putinists weren't more careful about security in general.

Ah, the nasty Americans manipulating weaker nations like Russia who only want peace.

Whatever. The FSB announced before the attack it had foiled several terror plots in Moscow. Islamist factions in the Caucasus region for an month or more. Can't believe the Putinists weren't more careful about security in general.
Russia is very big country

I'm sure if it was FSB warning Americans about possible terrorist attacks, and these attacks happened, this thread would be full of screams that FSB participated in organizing them.

I have always thought the purpose of the one child policy was to build an imbalance of men so that China could tell them to go forth and conquer brides and land. So, this is what I expect to happen. I don't know why it hasn't started yet. God knows.

And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
200 million
They must bring India with them.

And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

Top Bottom