Unit Preview: Hobbit

I don't know about a picnic ;). I think the classic "hit stick into ground" works fine for a settle animation, as can be seen at the end of the animation. I love the smoking animation, and while it does seem to fit better as a fidget, I think fidgets are too uncommon. I can't say I've seen many fidgets from the units I build in a game. In the case of this type of unit, I usually have my settlers under a defender, and my workers are usually working.
Then again, settlers and workers (especially workers) are probably the most constant unit seen and used throughout any game. So there may be a greater chance for us to see the animation than I think.
Perhaps if he was more pronounced when he put the stick down. Because the pipe-weed animations is so great, it overshadows the settle part. If that was more noticeable, it could look more like he was taking a relaxing puff before getting down to business ;).

Thanks again, this unit is looking great:).

Looks great! I like the Picnic animation idea, if possible...

RRnut

I don't know about a picnic... But I'll try to emphasize the settle part of the animation. Actually I already have him taking one puff for the fidget :D

That rocks, good sir!

Yes, a most excellent unit, so far, and I aggree with a bit more emphasis on the settling part of the settle animation, but keep a puff or two of the smoking part. You are, as always, the master of human-type units.

I thought Hobbits were supposed to have hair on the back of their hands too?

Rufus T. Firefly said:
IIRC, JRR said that only feet are haired
Rufus would be right (in terms of hair-as-thick-as-on-one's-head, anyhow).
...their feet grow natural leathery soles and thick warm brown hair like the stuff on their heads (which is curly)....
-- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, Chapter 1: "An Unexpected Party."

Well busy with a lot of things... I don't think I've touched this in a week, sorry.

Don't apologise, I'm sure there's more to your life than churning out units for the faceless masses! :)

Top Bottom