RFC MP Test: Numero Dos

I would love to take part in this, but sadly I can't due to being in a wildly inappropriate time zone, not having internet access at home, and not actually having the game out here anyway.

Anyhow, will you be posting screenshots after the game is through? I'd love to see what a multiplayer game ends up looking like in the Rhye's mod.

Anyhow, will you be posting screenshots after the game is through? I'd love to see what a multiplayer game ends up looking like in the Rhye's mod.

It looks exactly the same.

EDIT: How about a teaser of the current game Rhye and I are testing?

Whitefire, a teaser would be cool :)

and I'm one of the vassals :sad:

So much for playing one game in 2 years :lol: Let me guess, you played as Ethiopia.

@ Whitefire making Rhye a vassal is truely a deity victory.

Seriously, though, it's great that you can make a human player a vassal.
This mode really looks promising.
What kind of platform do you have in mind to get people together for MP games? This very forum or something else?

Impressive. How did you manage with stability?

Rome has lenient expansion penalties, so the mount of territory isn't problematic. Also, the stability bonuses from vassals pile up quickly, and I would recommend smaller nations becoming vassals of more expansive ones (Mongolia, Rome, Arabia, Spain, etc.) to benefit your team. The only time I lost cities was after I jumped into Universal Sufferage and Emancipation. The ensuing great depression caused Egypt to rise, which I quickly smushed 4 turns later.

With smart teching and tech trading with Rhye, we were able to get Medicine in ~1500 AD, which allowed us to miss the last 2 waves of it. With 3 players working in concert, you could conceivably tech Medicine in the 1300s, letting you mis 3 plagues. In that screenshot, I was just starting on Combustion and Rhye was about to finish Assembly Line. With Destroyers and Infantry, I was going to march through China to link up my Empire, then take out those pesky Euros to make a empire that spans from Londinium to Tokyo. There's not much challenge when it's 2 players vs. the AIs, hopefully a number of players on other players will increase the intrigue.

Top Bottom