Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

I've noticed that the game often crashes after multiple loading from a saved game.

I've seen that too, but this seems different. I load the savegame I attached, then load anything else immediately (even if I have done nothing yet), and I get the CtD. Because the game also crashes when exiting to the main menu, I would suspect something related to clearing out memory.

I built The Nexus Wonder, but the Obsidian Gate remained in my build queue for my cities.

Not sure what I would get if I built one. ;)

I have always had both. They are not related anymore than Granery and Smokehouse are. They share simlar features but stack.

The Nexus allows you to move ONE unit/turn. The Obsidian Gates allow you to move THREE units/turn. (I assume if you have both you can move 4/turn)

Nexus gives you a small ability for every city. Obsidian gates are bigger but each city has to build their own.

(Someone please correct me if I am wrong)

A bug I have since moving to 050. Every patch through D, havn't gone to E yet.

I used to use my num pad + and - keys to cycle through my cities. Now when I hit the + key on the num pad I CtD.

I have stopped using the feature but I still press it from time to time on accident.

The AI doesnt seem to be too eager to chop down forests for improvements. They just spam lumbermills to all forest tiles making them fall waaaay back on techs. Elves are improving tiles normally.

I built The Nexus Wonder, but the Obsidian Gate remained in my build queue for my cities.

Not sure what I would get if I built one. ;)

The Nexus doesnt make Obsidian Gates in all your cities, it another building whose name excapes me for the minute but is basicaly a lesser version of the Obsidian Gate (only 1 vs 3 transports per tern iirc).

Um, then why does it say it gives you an Obsidian Gate in every city then? Gah. It's useless. :)

I'd hope I'm right anyway.

The Nexus doesnt make Obsidian Gates in all your cities, it another building whose name excapes me for the minute but is basicaly a lesser version of the Obsidian Gate (only 1 vs 3 transports per tern iirc).

Sorry for the confusion. FFH's Civilopedia says The Nexus "gives an Obsidian Gate in each of your cities" so it is different in FF in that it appears you get a Nexus Portal rather than a Gate which does just as you describe.

There is no entry in the FF Civilopedia for a Wonder called The Nexus.

I found another one. :) Unsolved #9 Epic Lairs not regenerating.

From CvPlot::doTurn():
Code:
ImprovementTypes eImprovementUpdrade = (ImprovementTypes)GC.getImprovementInfo(getImprovementType()).getImprovementUpgrade();
if (eImprovementUpdrade != NO_IMPROVEMENT)
{
	if (!isBeingWorked())
	{
		if (GC.getImprovementInfo(eImprovementUpdrade).isOutsideBorders())
		{
			doImprovementUpgrade();
		}
	}
}

The improvement being upgraded to needs to have bOutsideBorders enabled. So changing the original improvement allows the explored improvement to upgrade when not being worked.

A bug I have since moving to 050. Every patch through D, havn't gone to E yet.

I used to use my num pad + and - keys to cycle through my cities. Now when I hit the + key on the num pad I CtD.

I have stopped using the feature but I still press it from time to time on accident.

I have been working on this one as well recently. I use HOME and END a lot to cycle my own cities (or just select one in general) and the same thing happens in that case.

The one thing I have noticed so far is that if you already have a city selected, they work fine. So use F10 to select your capital, then use your other hotkeys to cycle through the cities and you'll be fine.

not sure if it's a bug or intended, but units are not getting 1 xp from exploring a lair.

also, I found a lair exploration result that consistently causes the unit cycling to fail: it's the one that vies the unit 5 xp and the adventurer promotion. the text reads " your unit emerges victorious after many fearsome battles"

[to_xp]Gekko;7732085 said:
not sure if it's a bug or intended, but units are not getting 1 xp from exploring a lair.

also, I found a lair exploration result that consistently causes the unit cycling to fail: it's the one that vies the unit 5 xp and the adventurer promotion. the text reads " your unit emerges victorious after many fearsome battles"

The unit cycling fails in many occasions. I have them failing all the time after I move a unit that casted haunted lands this turn. I just select another unit and the cycling works again as normal.

I think I have determined the cause for the Python Error - C++ unhandled exception in ForceScreenRedraw, I have posted in a previous message.
It seems to be happening only when I move my mouse over a large region of Haunted Lands, or if I move it quickly for a couple of seconds over a small area of haunted Lands. I checked it with other terrain and it does not appear. However, when I have lots of haunted lands and my cursor is sweeping over them it appears multiple times.

I have one more exception, see screenshot.
I also have a save game that can reproduce the ForceScreenRedraw Unidentifiable C++ Exception.

Load the save, then try to hover your pointer over the ghostwalker just north of Hyol(the city southeast, without any culture). You will get the exception.

Got an odd question. Since I'm getting CtD's that may or may not be graphically related, would using Blue Marble terrain affect the game in any way good or bad? :confused:

I Forgot to mention a TXT_KEY_FREE_CITIES_..._ or something like that, is appearing, possibly when someone switches to republic, or it could be city states? Anyway, Basium did it in my game, and instead of a normal text I got that.

@arkham4269: Have you tried the /3GB switch? I haven't had a MAF or CTD since I used it. Read the Possible MAF workaround thread if you are interested in details.

I have all 4 Councillors, they are all in a city ruled by Melante, it is not my capital, and yet I can't build the Dark Council.
Can anybody tell me what I did wrong or have I found a bug?
I appended the safe file.

Attachments

• FF-Scions-DarkCouncil.CivBeyondSwordSave
    578.7 KB · Views: 49
I have all 4 Councillors, they are all in a city ruled by Melante, it is not my capital, and yet I can't build the Dark Council.
Can anybody tell me what I did wrong or have I found a bug?
I appended the safe file.

Only Melante can cast this spell. Select her and the button will appear.
You can build the dark council in your capital if you wish.

The Text key and that python error for FormEmpire are both fixed for the next patch. Been making a lot of small fixes while away from the internet so I haven't updated the first post completely with all relevant changes. :blush:

Top Bottom