Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

havent seen it mentioned for a while, so:
playing patch e, you will still lose "new random seed on reload" once you reload.

btw it seems "random" outcomes (battle results, goody huts, etc) are precalculated for the next 3 turns (-> the time between 2 autosaves). are they (meant to)?

and since i havent posted for ages: great changes! i love FF even more than before^^

I can confirm this.

Too possible bugs as scions. Both occur upon upgrading to the Red Lady.

1) I can build shrine of champions.

2) I can leave the capitol while still shackled, albiet at a movement rate reduced by 1.

btw it seems "random" outcomes (battle results, goody huts, etc) are precalculated for the next 3 turns (-> the time between 2 autosaves). are they (meant to)?

I can confirm this.

But I can say that it isn't the case :p

====

The random numbers are called from python only when you use the spell. 3 turns prior to using the spell, there is no calculation being done.

If you're performing the same actions each time with the same random seed (which may be the case given that you also mentioned the new random seed option seems to be wonky), you will get the same results. If you do other things that require a random number in the meantime, you'll get different results.

To put it another way - if you explore 5 standard lairs in a turn, you should get the same 5 results regardless of the order in which they are investigated (assuming the units have the same lair exploration chances). If you were to do something that requires a random number and *then* explore the lairs, you would get different results.

It crashes at this save point.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0385.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 40
[to_xp]Gekko;7738411 said:
not sure if it's a bug, but I'm seeing lots of lairs without a defender, especially in the early game.

I don't think I saw any lair, barrow, ruin, etc. with a defender. Only the Goblin Forts. Also, I don't think the barrows and ruins are spawning Skeletons or Lizardmen any more.

Finally, I've not been playing with Barbarian World on, so there is very little barb activity (except for animals) in the first 150 turns of my epic speed games. Then, the barb groups start appearing. You rarely see single barbs on the map after that.

Too possible bugs as scions. Both occur upon upgrading to the Red Lady.

1) I can build shrine of champions.

That should be gone in the next patch.

2) I can leave the capitol while still shackled, albiet at a movement rate reduced by 1.

That's the way it's supposed to work. Only the "Protector" version can't move at all.

The "Masters Hall" generates an unlimited Number of Great Person Points, resulting in getting one every Turn (Nice for getting all the Pics and Texts for Great Persons :p )

i built masters hall and noised the huge number of GP points as well but after building it the building disabled my GP production entirely (have not tried again with the new patch) i got a great screenshot of it earlier in this thread.

The attached saved game will crash every single time when I end the current turn.

Also, playing a different game as the Scions (Large Tectonics map, epic game speed), the game quickly slowed down drastically until it took 8-10 minutes for the system to process each turn. This started at about turn #180.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    159.9 KB · Views: 57
I am the Scions and I had started a 4 turn haunted land spell in unowned land. In the 3rd turn, my vassal's borders expanded into the tile. I tried to stop my unit from building the haunted land but couldn't so when it was complete I was forced to declare war.

Found an odd one this evening by accident...

Selecting the option to disable demonic barbarians appears to enable unrestricted leaders and the unrestricted leaders options doesn't appear to do anything (maybe it's disabling the demons?).

I played as Hyborem and the 4 Horsemen plus the Avatar of Wrath never actually left a newfoud City of mine after Stephanos&Buboes were standing idly around for ~100 Turns

Is there any way I can help solving this bug? I really Would love to be able to speed the process.

:(

Game worked fine until I saved it. After loading, just moving the pointer somewhere on screen causes a CDT.

Could someone have a look?

Sometimes it will advance to the next turn but crash it will. I just went to the next turn and while a worker was moving it just hangs. Then I press ESC and off to the desktop. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    188.6 KB · Views: 45
Game worked fine until I saved it. After loading, just moving the pointer somewhere on screen causes a CDT.

Could someone have a look?

Sometimes it will advance to the next turn but crash it will. I just went to the next turn and while a worker was moving it just hangs. Then I press ESC and off to the desktop. :crazyeye:

Do you have broader alignments enabled? Also, do other(previous) saves of the same game crash?

EDIT: Never mind, checked your save and it's not enabled so thats obviously not the problem.

Hi! I have installed Fall Further 050 patch E. I attached a save game here and the problem is when i push end turn button the game crash. I play some turns and i stop here.

Attachments

• Goths Turn_0441.CivBeyondSwordSave
    176.9 KB · Views: 59
Hi! I have installed Fall Further 050 patch E. I attached a save game here and the problem is when i push end turn button the game crash. I play some turns and i stop here.

Looked at your save and it seems you were playing with broader alignments enabled. Broader alignments appears to be causing all save games to crash on ending the turn. Probably best to just start a new game, because even if it is fixed soon, the save will likely be broken.

Is there any way I can help solving this bug? I really Would love to be able to speed the process.

:(

You can try setting the game to run in English and seeing if it loads and works properly. If so, then it is certainly an issue with the spanish language loading somewhere.

After you verify that, go into the Assets/XML/Text directory and delete a few files and try to load again. If you delete the file with the error, things should load properly for you and you'll just have some TXT_KEY_XXX blips showing up in random locations.

Mainly, knowing which file is causing the issue will be the best way to speed up our ability to locate the problem though.

Top Bottom