Requests for new components (and features)

How about a better display of enemy SOD details. Is it not a problem when you try to see what a large enemy SOD has in it's ranks (and the top of the display runs out of room?) You know they have more but you can't really see their whole roster. It would be great if BUG could do something here.

I was thinking about this a while back, and it would be so very handy. I figure you'd hit a key/button and get the plot picker (same thing you see when placing signs) and click the stack. This would open a screen detailing all of the units, grouped by owner.

At first I considered just opening the standard MA and limiting the unit list to the selected plot, but I'd really want to see all the promotions and health of units in a table so I can easily spot how many CR2 trebs they brought. :eek:

I wish more people were building mods like this so I could sweep them into BUG like I did the early features. ;)

Another thing. When you add/change/cancel Open Borders it is not always apparant, without checking each city, what other Civs/Leaders your cities are trading with. Maybe a (consolidated general) message could display, "You are trading with LeaderA-10 Gold, LeaderB-5 Gold, LeaderC-2 Gold", for example. Civ Name could replace Leader Name as an option also.

Unless I misunderstood you, this information is displayed on the Foreign Advisor INFO tab. It tells you the number of trade routes you have with each civ as well as the total :commerce: for those routes.

I'm not sure if there is a way to do this, but it has always bugged me that the game alerts you to enemy units encroaching on your territory, but not if they're encroaching on a healing unit. This requires you to remember to check on stationary, healing units every turn to see if you have to move them out of danger, and of course it's terribly easy to forget. It would be nice if you got an alert just as you do if an enemy unit approaches your borders.

In idea concerning the minimap:

Would it be possible to add a display mode for the minimap that grouped a civilization and its vassals in the same (or maybe similar) colors on the minimap? This would be very hanndy, especially when playing with lots of civs, for example I like to play with 40 civs, and it can easily get confusing when there are only four competing civs left and each of them has about 8 vassals.

Of course, the same thing would be cool on the world map as well, but I guess that would be even harder to do.

Best Regards,
Martin

We have very limited control over the minimap. We can put it into the various modes programmatically (bare map, terrain only, etc) and place colored dots wherever we want, but I don't think we can alter the built-in modes.

However, I wonder if we could change the player color for vassals to match their masters. The only way to differentiate their cultural borders would be to hover over the tiles. I'll do a test to see if changing the value at runtime alters the on-screen map.

Can you have multiple colors on the cultural borders? I'd like stripes of the color of the vassal's civ and the master's civ on the vassal's borders.

or change the border hover to say 'American, vassal of China' when you hover over it.

Hover changes can't be done without messing with the dll, right? :/

I do think that it might be possible to implement Emperorfool idea.... but what happens if you have a American civ that vassals another american? ;) Last time i tried to put 2 civs with the same colour scheme and the same flag, the game crashed :D

CyGame.addPlayer() is the only place where I can find the game setting the color for a player. The function to set the color isn't exposed to Python, so this would require the DLL anyway.

If the display mode / player colors could be changed any time in the DLL, another idea that comes into mind would be a team/neutral/enemy coloring of the players (like green/yellow/red or maybe green/teal/red).

Somehow related, could the background for the population numbers of player-owned cities on the world map be changed to player color instead of population growth status. This would especially be handy from the globe view, where it to my mind it helps to get a fell of city distribution.

Best Regards,
Martin

In the F1 screen, when I make a new page, I'd like it to still be there when I reload the game later. Instead, any new info page I make gets deleted whenever I close the game.

I should really fix that screen and ditch the Save button. In 2009, there's no logical reason to make the user remember to save their changes! :mad:

or change the border hover to say 'American, vassal of China' when you hover over it.

I've looked into the territory hover, and the main problem with adding vassal/leader information is that it will more than likely be wrapped to the next line. Right now, it typically looks like this:

74% American
25% Spanish

Adding the leader would probably look like this:

74% American
[Washington]

25% Spanish
[Isabella]

And I think that would look ugly and be very hard to read. One option is to only show the leader/vassal info for the tile's cultural owner:

American, vassal of Japan
74% American
25% Spanish

I play with leader names in the scoreboard only, so I don't like this option. Another possibility is to allow you to choose either country adjective or leader name for these hovers.

Washington, vassal of Tokugawa
74% Washington
25% Isabella

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Edit: I just found that the last parameter to setHelpTextArea() is iMinWidth. I'll try playing around with that. Hopefully it won't force the text block to be that wide if it doesn't need to be, but only comes into play when wrapping is involved.

Edit2: Of course, it had no effect. Lovely.

I'm positive it can be done within the DLL, since it is changed in the "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization" mod.

Excellent. Knowing that it is possible makes me more likely to check it out. So how would you want this to work? Here's my suggestion:

Use Player Color in City Bar: [ Never | Globe View | Always ]

The Globe View status can be checked from Python, so it must be checkable from the DLL as well.

I just bought BTS a few weeks ago and just installed BUG this week (thanks a lot btw). So, you'll have to excuse this if it already has been mentioned before. I would like the option of simply reducing the number of AIs that show up on the scoreboard if I so choose to reduce the clutter (which is a big problem if you're playing a map with 17 other civs).

So for example, you can do something like display the top 7 scores (yourself included). The number of civs shown would be your choice. Plus you can have options like displaying civs that you can see their research, civs on the same continent, or even specifically adding or deleting civs.

And one last thing, can someone point me to where I can find a sort of legend of features added and what they mean (esp if they're explained with screenshots). For example, I was having the hard time figuring out what that orange fist(s) meant on the scoreboard. I just got that it meant occupation (I assume that it means at least one of their cities is being occupied).

Once again thanks for the great work. I really like how a lot of the strategy guides are in the civopedia.

Top Bottom