[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

I've never tried the older version. Downloaded 2.71 Full install two days ago. Unpacked with WinRar to program files directory. Everything looks like it unpacked properly. Go to Load a Mod, select Rise of Mankind, click OK, program closes. Never reopens.

NVGeneral,

You unzipped the mod into a directory called Riseofmankind2.7 but you need to go one directory further and put that into the BTS Mods directory.

If you open up explorer you will see:
C:\program files\faraxis games\civilization VI\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Riseofmankind2.7\Rise of Mankind\....

You need to make it :
C:\program files\Faraxis games\civilization VI\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\....

Just open the directory and copy the Rise of Mankind folder from \..Riseofmankind2.7\ to the mods folder and delete the original \..Riseofmankind2.7\ directory

even if it has a config settings file and a bak file???

cvlsystemloaderror:lsystem xml subsystem failed to load. this is probably due to a schema error.

when I play 2.71mod with mega civ pack 1.6, the error message appears at least twice.

Has Limited Religions option been removed from 2.71? I tried to find it in GlobalDefinesAlt (path: Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML), but could not locate the line.

Wow, 10 new pages of posts since May! Amazing and encouraging to see that the best of the modding community for BTS is still so active!

Have not been keeping up witih Civ4 or RoM at all . . . playin' flight sims these days.

So, just curious if any of the voluminous "Anthropoid's Five Ideas" I posted way back on page 82 of this thread have sparked any ideas or efforts for modders?

Some GREAT ideas, especially the negative effects of pillaging resources etc & units being able to retreat etc, I've always thought that should be changed. I'm also for the Forts & other tiles needing to be effectively defended by AI as just stacking 10 units or w/e in one city not only makes it a little too difficult to take the city, it also makes everything surrounding the city completely vulnerable which history indicates civs did not do unless completely overwhelmed. The health being more important was something I hadnt thought of tho & a great idea too, as healthy cities are not only happier cities but more productive & efficient cities.

Not about the tiles bonuses being changed to include all citites so much as it would unbalance almost everything in the game from unit & building production to economy & would take probably years to balance it all properly.

All in all some of the better ideas Ive seen inawhile, great work

1) There is a patch to 2.7 to 2.71?

2) RoM standart map is bigger than Civ 4 original standart map?

I like to play Earth maps. I played standart earth maps with 23 and 12 civs, but both in late game are so slow (40s to change a turn, it's boring). My pc: Pentium D 915+, 4GB, 7900GS 256MB. In original version, it's not so slow. I tryed playing without revolution mod, helps a little.

3) There are earth maps smaller than standart in 2.71 or future versions?

4) Naval units can't do ranged atack like siege units? My naval units just can bombard city defenses. Battleships should atack land units for exemple.
@Canabrava

1) No, just download 2.71. Make sure you delete the Rise of Mankind in the mods folder first.

2) The mad size is the same as vanilla.

3) I don't think there are any smaller maps.

4) You can enable this in by pressing Ctrl-Alt-O and clicking on the Revdcm page.

Has Limited Religions option been removed from 2.71? I tried to find it in GlobalDefinesAlt (path: Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML), but could not locate the line.
@mupett you can find this in the Revdcm options page.

hey i got the patch to work but in the in game event log below the research bar it keeps telling me theres an error in saving an ini file for bugmod.
is there any way to disable that notification

I still can not get this mod to even start I have tried and tried it just will not even begin I get a ctd just before the game finishes loading. any suggestions or a helpful responce would be greatly appreciated

playing on smart map huge if I ever get the chance it just won't load all the way I don't get the chance to pick a map size

hmmm i found that the two new map sizes he added would not work on mine but i believe huge is one of the original ones

hey i got the patch to work but in the in game event log below the research bar it keeps telling me theres an error in saving an ini file for bugmod.
is there any way to disable that notification

dcmort, I appear to have the same issue as you have. I can load the mod from Advanced / Load A Mod, but when it restarts, nothing changes except Load a Mod is changed into Unload a Mod, otherwise it starts up vanilla BtS. Could you tell me what you did to fix this?

NVGeneral,

You unzipped the mod into a directory called Riseofmankind2.7 but you need to go one directory further and put that into the BTS Mods directory.

If you open up explorer you will see:
C:\program files\faraxis games\civilization VI\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Riseofmankind2.7\Rise of Mankind\....

You need to make it :
C:\program files\Faraxis games\civilization VI\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\....

Just open the directory and copy the Rise of Mankind folder from \..Riseofmankind2.7\ to the mods folder and delete the original \..Riseofmankind2.7\ directory

follow those instructions but you might get that INI file error that i talked about in my last post

Thanks, but it appears that it's not the problem. It's all in ../mods/Rise of Mankind/, no inbetween folder. Reloading does give such lines as "Loading Rise of Mankind.ini".

To clarify, it's in my game folder too, not in the savegame folder in mydocuments.

@SanderJK are you playing in English? I think RoM requires English as the language. The ini files are created the first time you play RoM you should not get those errors the next time you play.

Yeah English version. It appears to be loading, but when it's done, i'm back to BtS. I don't see any error message or some such, the loading screen seems normal.

I've played the hell out of FoH2, that installed / played without a hitch. Strange.

inside of the rise of mankind folder is there another folder called rise of mankind and a config settings file and a bak file??
if so move the rise of mankind folder from there to the mods folder

When loading RoM, I get a runtime error when I try to run the game. The runtime is in the Sioux. The game crashes when it gets to them.

i get ctds when some1 build pyramids in a game i have bts patch 3.19 jooyos addons enabled (i like terraforming) and i have 2.71 any help would help a lot

edit: i think it might also be caused when i reach a certain turn in the game near the first 150 or so btw im playing it on normal speed if it helps
edit edit: i fixed it sry for puuting this post here

The problem is caused by joyoo's dll file (and has been acknowledged - read jooyo's thread). You are probably running vista. Welcome to the club!

Top Bottom