[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

i was reading that i can't be player in multiplayer mode...
its that true?
You might want to read this:
Rise of Mankind v2.7

Rise of Mankind v2 has been designed for single player games only - it does work in multiplayer mode but to avoid running to Out of Sync errors, you'll have to install small Multiplayer fix first. You must also run the game without Revolution components enabled. You can find the fix from this post.

Try that link and see if it works. I believe the problems are with a couple of the options (revolution mod) and the advanced settlers (which cause OOS errors).

CORRECTION:
Version 2.52 patches this...
Game defines
------------
- Added: setting to GameDefinesAlt.xml to turn on Multiplayer fix for Colonist/Pioneer units. Set to 1 for multiplayer games. Separate multiplayer fix file no longer needed.
So, do that and I suppose it should work... I havent played multiplayer for a while in RoM but it worked back with the fix patch so I suppose it should work now as well.

Anyways, let me know if it works and if you can play it with Revolutions turned on (I doubt it...).

I tried to upload the 2.7 version, won't initialize. Can't see what I am doing wrong!

I unzip the whole thing into the BTS/mods directory - when I try to start the mod, it seems to upload it (gives the "Riseofmankind2.7 mod" on the top of the screen) - but when I go to the main menu, it is actually just plain BTS. Any ideas?

That' weird, IT shouldn't even run if you don't have 3.19, not give you a background.

Are you certain though? Have you tried a custom game, and looked for a listing for Revolutions, or Dynamic civs?
It really doesn't make any sense. :(

I tried to upload the 2.7 version, won't initialize. Can't see what I am doing wrong!

I unzip the whole thing into the BTS/mods directory - when I try to start the mod, it seems to upload it (gives the "Riseofmankind2.7 mod" on the top of the screen) - but when I go to the main menu, it is actually just plain BTS. Any ideas?

NVGeneral,

You unzipped the mod into a directory called Riseofmankind2.7 but you need to go one directory further and put that into the BTS Mods directory.

If you open up explorer you will see:
C:\program files\faraxis games\civilization VI\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Riseofmankind2.7\Rise of Mankind\....

You need to make it :
C:\program files\Faraxis games\civilization VI\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\....

Just open the directory and copy the Rise of Mankind folder from \..Riseofmankind2.7\ to the mods folder and delete the original \..Riseofmankind2.7\ directory

when will be able compitible RoM 2.7 with the megapack¿¿¿??? i always play with megapack in multiplayer!! pleaseeeeeeee!! :) :) :) :) :)

Thanxx zapp!!

when will be able compitible RoM 2.7 with the megapack¿¿¿??? i always play with megapack in multiplayer!! pleaseeeeeeee!! :) :) :) :) :)

Thanxx zapp!!

Hello,

Zappara is planning on using modular system for his civs that were formerly in megapack. Presently, he already has new leaderheads for the present civs here. Go there and follow the procedure for installing the leaderheads given by Zappara.

Then wait for his announcement about having a new civs module ready for 2.7 :). It should be out in few weeks or more.

Thanxx zapp!!
Megapack is now about 50% converted to new v2.7 format - I should have it ready by next week. Haven't had much time for modding so lagging bit behind the schedule.

You could check now RoM Modmods -forum as there are other great modders who have already made new custom civs for RoM 2.7.

Multiplayer mode might not work properly in v2.7 as the included RevDCM version has some known problems with it. I hope to get my hands on new RevDCM version so I can include it to the v2.71 patch, which is basically already ready - just some finishing touches left to do. The random event system is also bugged and I want that fixed to v2.71 before I'll upload it (also requires new RevDCM verson to be merged).

Multiplayer mode might not work properly in v2.7

though there are still many new/old issues with RevDCM and 2.7 a few of us have been successful with getting a multiplayer game past turn 150 :crazyeye: using direct ip connect. No point in going on about solo CTD, and MFA's:deadhorse:. I'm just praying that 2.71 will resolve these (got to be the vista32) issues.

Zap don't release without new RevDCM, no matter how long it takes, I'd rather wait and have a better shot at improvement.

Thanks

Thanks Zap for the best civ4 mod, the fact that you alone created and maintaining this on your own is impressive to say the least :)

Right, now the mod being awesome and all, the only thing I don't like is the Next War stuff. I am a modern warfare kinda guy and I like having my big end game wars with the modern tech stuff like stealth bombers, modern armor, etcetc

The best way I found of "removing" next war from the mod, is well, not to remove it as such but to make it unattainable.

To do this I edited the file CIV4TechInfos.xml located in...

*your drive and civ folder* \Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML\Technologies

From here I decided which techs I did not want to be researched and changed the <iCost> value to 999999. Don't use a value any higher as too high a value will cause errors on startup.

I changed most of the techs from Fusion to the end.

This will mean you will not research even one of the techs in time before the game ends and nor will the AI, and you should happily play out your game with real life style modern units rather than futuristic ones.

I have just thought of this and it appears to work fine and just thought I would share with everyone and hopefully someone finds this useful.

I imagine that when you update to a newer mod version this file may be overwritten and you will need to change the values again.

Have fun!

Well after much confusion on my part and getting the ROM 2.7 finally working, I figured I would congratulate Zappara, Aaranda, and Generalstaff plus the numerous other designers that assisted in the development of this GREAT modpack. I sincerely appreciate your hard work, and look forward to future developments. Keep up the Awesome work. :goodjob:

Oh Zap my man, I noticed that stealth bombers do not have certain bombing missions enabled whereas the B-17 bomber does, such as Bomb Factories etc, they also have Fighter Engagement mission enabled, which is unusual for bombers.

I changed the following values in civ4unitinfos.xml to enable all missions for stealth bombers and disable fighter engagement;

<bDCMAirBomb1>1</bDCMAirBomb1>
<bDCMAirBomb2>1</bDCMAirBomb2>
<bDCMAirBomb3>1</bDCMAirBomb3>
<bDCMAirBomb4>1</bDCMAirBomb4>
<bDCMAirBomb5>1</bDCMAirBomb5>
<bDCMFighterEngage>0</bDCMFighterEngage>

Just thought I would bring that to your attention, for your next update maybe?

thanks

I seem to have found a similar bug as the one reported earlier by Edward Karlinsk (I think!).

I play with Americans, 25 civs, biggest map size available, Revolution enabled, snail speed.

The game flows fine up to 732AD. Once it hits this year, I receive the error message "BTS has stopped responding" (or something to this effect) and the game shuts down, giving me then the usual Microsoft "we are sorry you got screwed - couldn't bother less to find you a solution" message.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem

let me also add that the problem cannot be computer performance related (my machine is very high specs)

Zappara,

I also noticed a real slowdown in the 700's and couldn't figure it out until now.

I noticed that the MPLog file is almost a GIG in size, so I turned of logging in Civ.ini file and played for about an hour. I then checked the log file again and it was over 2 GIGS! I checked in the game itself using BUG interface. (Ctrl + Alt + O) and the logging tab was unchecked but still seems to log XML.Log and MPLog.log and a few others, I'm at work right now and don't have a home Internet connection so I'm not sure what the other logs are. Even the Xml.Log file was almost a GIG. How do you turn this off it is really slowing the game down.

Other than the laggy interface (because of the logging I presume) the game is going great. I was playing a snail game with revolutions but had to start over because the AI just can't deal with it. The AI is not building religious buildings even though they have a state religion, which is something that has to be done with revolutions enabled.

There is also a bug in the Slave Revolt event. Two cities, one Arabian and one English had the "Slaves are still in revolt due to..." for over 50 turns effectively ruining these cities.

CivFanCCS

Zap don't release without new RevDCM, no matter how long it takes, I'd rather wait and have a better shot at improvement.

Lol, I don't think Zap needs to bend to the will of the Rev crowd any more. He already added RevDCM in the game, despite it being more broken than a broken watch.

I will never play with Revolutions again, and I will not stand for a wait for a new version just because Revolutions is the New God for some people. :(

Sorry.

I was looking around the site trying to find V 2.4 and was unable to do so. Do you still have it anywhere out there and if so could you post it? I've tried every update since then and they all inevitably end up crashing. For 2.7 I downloaded the patch, but that version seems to crash more quickly than any other previous version. The crashes usually happen when I attack something, but that isn't the only time. If you would post 2.4 again I would appreciate it!

Top Bottom