Freya's Citysets

You should also post your FfH city sets here, after all they are your citysets as well! ;)

Cheers, LT.

I'd suggest posting them in the database so they don't become part of the long list of lost files here at CFC. Awesome work though. I have a question too; are these set to be era-specific or do you have ancient, renaissance, industrial, modern sets for these?

I'd suggest posting them in the database so they don't become part of the long list of lost files here at CFC. Awesome work though. I have a question too; are these set to be era-specific or do you have ancient, renaissance, industrial, modern sets for these?

That might be a good idea, i'll do that later...
These three sets are the only ones (non-fantasy) i got so far, i leave it up to people who wants to use them in their mods to put them in whatever era they want to.

Lord Tirian: You should also post your FfH city sets here, after all they are your citysets as well!

Hmm...if i got around to pack them and upload them to the database, i will..

This looks great, there are lots of people who don't do graphics mods but appreciate this kind of work. An interesting twist on the South Pacific set would be to add canals to the texture below the buildings, to make the stilts relevant.

This should really get merged with cultural citystyles.

This should really get merged with cultural citystyles.

Some of it is going to, i think, but which parts is up to Geomodder to decide..

Great, you've made the South Pacific style! What's next in the works?

Next i will help cool3a2 out with a medieval hungarian cityset and after that Lord Tirian requested a cityset...
I saw that you might be doing the eastern industrial one and in that case i think cool3a2 might be interested to use it as a modern hungarian cityset..

Yep, I might get to it. I've never been to Hungary, and I don't really know how a Hungarian cityset for the era is supposed to look like, but I think it is generic enough. I know it would work well for Russia and its neighbors...

Next i will help cool3a2 out with a medieval hungarian cityset and after that Lord Tirian requested a cityset...
I saw that you might be doing the eastern industrial one and in that case i think cool3a2 might be interested to use it as a modern hungarian cityset..
Hmmm... Yummie...

Walter, if you like you may check the magyar mod thread for pictures of buildings I was thinking about (see page 29 there). The thing is, that hrochland wrote me a pm and told me that he would also take something from my request list (see magyar mod thread again for complete list). Now, I try to organize to avoid that one of the jobs gets done twice (thus that someone wastes his time). I think it is okay that Freya works on the medieval cityset. The question is now, what does your, Walter, cityset look like and does it fit to my pictures? If it fits, I'll take it, if not I may tell hrochland to do another one. I just need to know (could you maybe post a preview?). Also, Freya, do you take the székelykapu as part of the medieval cityset?
So, I'd be glad if I'd get some answers to avoid problems. Post them in the magyar mod if you like, there they would be stored in a central place and I would not have to spam Freyas thread with my problems anymore...

Hmmm... Yummie...

Walter, if you like you may check the magyar mod thread for pictures of buildings I was thinking about (see page 29 there). The thing is, that hrochland wrote me a pm and told me that he would also take something from my request list (see magyar mod thread again for complete list). Now, I try to organize to avoid that one of the jobs gets done twice (thus that someone wastes his time). I think it is okay that Freya works on the medieval cityset. The question is now, what does your, Walter, cityset look like and does it fit to my pictures? If it fits, I'll take it, if not I may tell hrochland to do another one. I just need to know (could you maybe post a preview?). Also, Freya, do you take the székelykapu as part of the medieval cityset?
So, I'd be glad if I'd get some answers to avoid problems. Post them in the magyar mod if you like, there they would be stored in a central place and I would not have to spam Freyas thread with my problems anymore...

Already posted the source stuff for that, among other things:

http://rapidshare.com/files/272232565/AACitysets.rar.html

You are free to check those source models/textures out.

Hmmm... I already checked that package. There were one or two houses that were okay, but also some that didn't fit. i guess it'll be the best if we wait till you finished your cityset to see how it looks and then decide. Till then hrochland could make the kopja fa if he has time for that.

This looks great, there are lots of people who don't do graphics mods but appreciate this kind of work. An interesting twist on the South Pacific set would be to add canals to the texture below the buildings, to make the stilts relevant.

Is this possible at all? I can do it, I think. If you just point me in the right direction I think I can eit the files enough to look awesome!!!, possibly not entirely accurately, but close. If its possible to add something that looks like shoots of grass and maybe bushes combined with the "canals instead of streets" this could look really good.

EDIT: and since most people build Barracks (at least I always do) we should make the model look like a series of benches around a bonfire, possibly with some spears and a Samoan/Hawaiian shield somehwere in a grass field it would look cool with the South Pacific houses you made and the canals. I don't know, I'm a bit buzzed right now.

Is this possible at all? I can do it, I think. If you just point me in the right direction I think I can eit the files enough to look awesome!!!, possibly not entirely accurately, but close. If its possible to add something that looks like shoots of grass and maybe bushes combined with the "canals instead of streets" this could look really good.

EDIT: and since most people build Barracks (at least I always do) we should make the model look like a series of benches around a bonfire, possibly with some spears and a Samoan/Hawaiian shield somehwere in a grass field it would look cool with the South Pacific houses you made and the canals. I don't know, I'm a bit buzzed right now.

In truth, I don't know how you'd implement it. I know Lord Tirian has created custom lot graphics for the civs of the Planetfall mod on their Graphical Quibbles thread, so that might be of some use, but I'm not an expert on how the graphics mods work.

Thanks!

About the canals, the easiest way i can think of is to retexture the pavement underneath the houses to look like water and than add this new "water pavement" to the south pacific civs in civ4cityLSystem. On the downside this would look weird when building a city on hill...

maybe add palm trees?

Top Bottom