RevolutionDCM for BTS

I'm talking about a future release so that was assumed on my part.

About this:
I propose that you personally merge in the code now because it is now at 1.0 version so that you and other modders (Afforess already announced that he is merging it in his RoM modmodpack) can test it out. If enough of you experience a "Wow!" moment with it, definitely lobby Glider1 ofr the future version :D.

Eh Keldath
Been a while welcome back. Version releases are happening slightly differently this time. We're building versions on SVN and testing testing until everyone is happy and then release. If you check back a few pages, all the details on accessing the SVN project are there, otherwise happy to repost. Currently the SVN build is fixing bugs and then finding more bugs in a 1 for 1 relationship. This is stalling the release.
Cheers.

@2.6 Beta testers (anyone else out there testing but for phungus?)
Latest set of bugs are:

-> Zappara says: post 1932 Isn't this a known bug in BUG 4.1 and EmperorFool's reply to it... The fix is quite easy, you'll just need to adjust CDA's xml defines which are in the config folder and change the missing options to match the new settings. The fix might be already in BUG's SVN version (unconfirmed)

-> Reverting to Refar's makefile and dropping cximage means that BUG's sentry icons dissapear from main interface (confirmed)

-> Phungus reports assert in CvPlayer post #1997 page 100 of RevDCM forum (unconfirmed)

-> WOC modules work but bad news is little pink icons that appear in non-critical interface elements. The pink icons are most simply seen by installing nextwar-woc and looking in the sevopedia->unit categories->assault mech units, Behemoth tank etc (confirmed)

Cheers

How do I get my custom assets to run with this?

How do I get my custom assets to run with this?

Well that is easy, actually RevDCM has custom assets set to load by default. Your question though which I directed from the LoR thread was how to use WoC to install custom leaderheads in LoR (or RevDCM for that matter). You shouldn't use custom assets in LoR, as it'll probably crash it, and if not crash, it'll remove various parts of the mod. If you want to add leaders to LoR you should use WoC. I don't know how to use WoC, which is why I directed you here. Hope that clarifies things.

Thanks for helping me clarify that. For anyone who knows, how do you use WoC to add leaders?

-> Zappara says: post 1932 Isn't this a known bug in BUG 4.1 and EmperorFool's reply to it... The fix is quite easy, you'll just need to adjust CDA's xml defines which are in the config folder and change the missing options to match the new settings. The fix might be already in BUG's SVN version (unconfirmed)
Zappara's response was to the missing Domestic advisor options in the BUG options screen. That was fixed when you updated to BUG 4.1.

You can cross this one off

-> Reverting to Refar's makefile and dropping cximage means that BUG's sentry icons dissapear from main interface (confirmed)
Only way to fix this is to go back to jdog's makefile, and present it to Emperor Fool, and hope he knows how to get the debug part working. I really liked those sentry buttons and would like them to work, but if worst comes to worst and you, jdog, and EF can't fix it, then being able to build a debug gamecore has precedence over advanced sentry buttons. That said I bet with jdog's makefile EF could figure out what's going wrong.

-> Phungus reports assert in CvPlayer post #1997 page 100 of RevDCM forum (unconfirmed)
As far as I'm concerned this one is confirmed. I can reproduce it with the current SVN of RevDCM. Have you started a custom game on quickspeed with Barbarian World and Start as Minors on, and set AI autoplay to 40 turns; and finally entered your capital's city screen and moved your cursor down to the bottom left corner (the build queue that has the list of stuff the city is building, there is a picture of what you are building here, and clicking on an item in the list removes it, not the buttons you click to add stuff to the build queue). This serries of actions always results in triggering the assert for me.

-> WOC modules work but bad news is little pink icons that appear in non-critical interface elements. The pink icons are most simply seen by installing nextwar-woc and looking in the sevopedia->unit categories->assault mech units, Behemoth tank etc (confirmed)
I have had issues with these icons turning pink as well, for some reason referencing the paths for the art in next war has issues. I had to manually add that art to the mod. So I think this is just missing art, and not an issue with WoC. Move the art for these things into the module and check to assure the path for the art is correct in the module's XML, that should fix it. Which would also mean it's not a problem with WoC.

I have had issues with these icons turning pink as well, for some reason referencing the paths for the art in next war has issues. I had to manually add that art to the mod. So I think this is just missing art, and not an issue with WoC. Move the art for these things into the module and check to assure the path for the art is correct in the module's XML, that should fix it. Which would also mean it's not a problem with WoC.

I noticed this with a bunch of my buildings, and the fix for them was to remove any whitespace from the name. So if the path to the art files was Art/Modern Wonders/Taj Mahal.dds, it would need to be changed to Art/Modern_Wonders/Taj_Mahal.dds.

I think it's because BULL uses small resized icons, and the Civ4 resizer for some reason, was never made to handle whitespace.

Thanks for helping me clarify that. For anyone who knows, how do you use WoC to add leaders?

I don't know specifically, but RoM 2.71 has a leaderpack in the modules folder that is in WoC format, so you might want to dl and take a look at it.

@Mamba
Woc converter.jar :goodjob: That is the good news.
Bad news is little pink icons. Uploaded here is a module that shows pink icons in RevDCM 2.6 beta. Does it show pink icons in your woc-incarnation? The pink icons are most simply seen in the sevopedia->unit categories->assault mech units, Behemoth tank etc

Yep, that is my NextWar xml, no wonder you get some pink icons, I never included the icons.

NextWar in the 3.17 update updated some of its icons, so they never were in the atlas. I copied them over to my mod and that is where the xml now references them.

So either you revert back to the pre 3.17 xml and the 'old' icons, or include the icons as part of the mod - the latter would be preferred.

I can certainly upload those icons along with the xml.

Could someone who knows WoC please explain to Vortilex how to use WoC to add his custom leaderheads to LoR? He's added the leaders to BtS with custom assets, but he asked me how to add them to LoR. LoR can't use custom assets, as that'll break things but since LoR uses a RevDCM core he should be able to convert his custom assets stuff to WoC format. I don't know how to do that though, and I know some of you here use WoC and will know the steps in creating a WoC module, especially since he already has stuff decently compartmentalized in custom assets. I also would like to know myself in a way, as I may want to create some optional WoC modules in the future. Also you guys, all of our WoC stuff should be cross mod compatible, so it might be a cool idea to have a list of available RevDCM WoC components so players can add modules regardless of the specific RevDCM based mod they are using.

Could someone who knows WoC please explain to Vortilex how to use WoC to add his custom leaderheads to LoR? He's added the leaders to BtS with custom assets, but he asked me how to add them to LoR. LoR can't use custom assets, as that'll break things but since LoR uses a RevDCM core he should be able to convert his custom assets stuff to WoC format. I don't know how to do that though, and I know some of you here use WoC and will know the steps in creating a WoC module, especially since he already has stuff decently compartmentalized in custom assets. I also would like to know myself in a way, as I may want to create some optional WoC modules in the future.

Does he need a step-by-step tutorial?
I don't really have the patience to write one. However,

I have an example civ that he can see, which is in WoC format (but for RoM, so the Civics in the CivilizationInfos.xml will need to be changed.)

The audio is also in WoC format, so to install, run the WoC.jar audio merger.

The art is all in a fpk, so that isn't included, but you can get the general idea without it.

Also you guys, all of our WoC stuff should be cross mod compatible, so it might be a cool idea to have a list of available RevDCM WoC components so players can add modules regardless of the specific RevDCM based mod they are using.

Not necessarily. WoC is just a new format for XML. It isn't like the Visa pack of old. My WoC modules would all give tons of errors on a plain RevDCM install. I don't know what civics or buildings NextWar or LoR has changed, but I'm sure they would crash there too.

@Mamba and Afforess
Ok thanks for the help. There are still issues not clear in this head of mine.

1) We have art icons for our woc module like the nextwar pinked out icons for example. If we put them into the module and reference them with xml, does the woc-engine install them, or do they have to be put into the base mod hard coded because the woc-engine does not install them.

Assumption:
The latter case is true, that art has to be hard-coded installed into the mod and not the module. If this assumption is correct, we have two sub issues that both Afforess and Mamba have highlighted.
1) Afforess says there is a white space issue and that is a BUG problem inhibiting woc modules from loading art
2) Mamba has some very significant modules like diversica that must be made to work in the RevDCM woc engine. Do they need art installed into the base mod?

EDIT:
Yes please Mamba bring across the example next war missing icons and xml, in case I need to work something out in the RevDCM code to make this pinked out issue fixed.

Cheers.

@Phungus
Do not fear the woc issue. I will try at all costs to minimize having to incorporate any woc specific resources into the core of the mod. This would not be a good solution and I will hunt for a resolution with Mamba's help.

On the makefile issue, we can get Refar's makefile to compile the sentry code properly just by referencing the cximage code. This would allow debugging. However it would be nice to sort out the BULL makefile issue and hopefully something will happen on that in the next day or two.

On the CvPlayer assert, I will try to trigger the condition with the information you have supplied.
Cheers.

1) Afforess says there is a white space issue and that is a BUG problem inhibiting woc modules from loading art

Not quite.

It's BULL's fault, and it isn't just with modules. Regular art is affected too.

Not quite.

It's BULL's fault, and it isn't just with modules. Regular art is affected too.

The latest release of LoRtest (built out of a RevDCM SVN212 core) isn't having any issues with whitespace referenced in the ArtDefines files.

Edit:
Or is this specifically art that is referenced in a module? That I know nothing about.

@Phungus
Do not fear the woc issue. I will try at all costs to minimize having to incorporate any woc specific resources into the core of the mod. This would not be a good solution and I will hunt for a resolution with Mamba's help.
Yeah, cutting out stuff is a pain, especially art as it's not easy to figure out what is needed for BUG and such, and what would be extra stuff I'd just want to remove.

I don't think this is an issue though. WoC is loading art from what people are saying, look at Afforess's civilization WoC module for RoM, that has art in it, and WoC is loading it fine. The issue with Next War is Next War. The module doesn't have the art, and the XML is referencing it incorrectly according to Mamba.

I think you're chasing smoke and mirrors here.

On the makefile issue, we can get Refar's makefile to compile the sentry code properly just by referencing the cximage code. This would allow debugging. However it would be nice to sort out the BULL makefile issue and hopefully something will happen on that in the next day or two.

On the CvPlayer assert, I will try to trigger the condition with the information you have supplied.
Cheers.

Cool, cool. I apreciate the response.

The latest release of LoRtest (built out of a RevDCM SVN212 core) isn't having any issues with whitespace referenced in the ArtDefines files.

Edit:
Or is this specifically art that is referenced in a module? That I know nothing about.

Sorry, I should be more specific. It directly affects buttons, since they are the ones being resized. The buttons will appear to be fine in the civilopedia, but after the building is built, and you hover over the city, and get the icons of built buildings, you will get pink icons for every button path that contains whitespace. This is because of the way Civ4 deals with resizing buttons, and the new functionality/resizing and hover icons BULL adds.

So, rule of thumb, deal with all buttons like you deal with Promotion buttons, never use whitespace.

Top Bottom