Land of the Rus

In Spring 1940 Soviet launched a major offensive against northern Chinese city of Shenyang. The massive Soviet army consisted of seven Armor Divisions, four Artillery Batteries and eleven Infantry Regiments. However, the Soviet command didn't want take the city immeatidely and the final assault was postponed until 1941.

In February 1941 France deceived the USSR once again as De Gaulle surprisingly declared war on the Soviets, despite their recent militaristic cooperation. Stalin ordered the Armor Divisions from the Viking borders to report to Berlin as soon as possible.

More Armor Divisions were withdrawn from Tsarigrad and Sogut that had just been occupied by the Soviet troops. As a sign of good faith Stalin liberated the city of Sogut to the Viceroyalty of Mesopotamia.

Meanwhile in Asia, U.S.S.R.S. Stalin succesfully patrolled and blockaded trade between Japan and China in the Yellow Sea and East China Sea. This blockade coused severe famine in both Japan and China.

In March 1941 Stalin finally gave his eastern armies permission to occupy Shenyang, which was taken without any signicant opposition. After the city was taken Stalin ordered his Armor Divisions to move towards the Chinese capital, Beijing. However, there weren't any signicants battles during the rest of the year.

The western front was also quiet as both sides waited for the another to make their first move.

Hooray for World Wars! (I am going to hell, aren't I?)

In all seriousness, though. nice update...

Why would Khmer declare on you? Or rather more accurately, because we all know Sury does not need a reason: How are you going to punish them? By now Khmer must be tiny and weak.

U.S.S.R.S. Stalin continued to blockade the trade between China and Japan. The flagship held it's position, until it was damaged by Chinese destroyer in February 1942. The damage was severe enough to force the ship to withdraw into the safe port of Vladivostok.

After Soviet Armor Divisions had reached the borders of Beijing, the Chinese cavalry made a desperate attempt to push the Soviet Armor Divisions back north. Soviet tanks crushed the charging cavalry divisions easily and the route to Beijing was clear. The Chinese riflemen divisons and surviving calvalry platoons made their final attempt to stop the Soviet Armor Divisions, but as the 1st, 8th and 23rd Armor Divisions broke through the Chinese defences almost simultaniously, Beijing fell.

After Beijing was captured by the Soviets, Vikings broke free from the Republic of China in March 1943 and signed a separate peace treaty with USSR.

Stalin was willing to stop the hostilities in the Eastern Front in order to give his full attention to France, but China remained stubborn and wasn't willing to capitulate. Therefore Stalin ordered the 15th and 17th Armor Division to conquer a large Chinese city of Hangcheng on the Korean Peninsula and drive the Chinese Korean armies to the sea. The Chinese resistance was feeble and in April 1944 the Soviet tanks occupied Korea.

After losing Korea, Mao Zedong finally realized that the Chinese armies could not resist the power of the Soviet Armor Divisions and on May 1st, 1944, China surrendered without conditions. China was attached to the USSR as a puppet state and renamed Soviet China. After the peace Stalin liberated Korea and Beijing back under Chinese control.

After China had surrendered, Japan now stood alone against the mighty USSR. The situation was unbearable for the hammered Japanese army and just couple weeks after China had succumbed, Japan also surrendered without conditions. Japan was also made a Soviet puppet state and named Soviet Japan. Japan also ceded her North American lands over to the USSR. The fighting on the Eastern Front had ceased.

Spoiler :
Japan was willing to give me Tokyo, but I took Seattle instead.

Spoiler :
Stability after taking Beijing:

Spoiler :
And victory conditions after the peace treaties:

Good going Jusos. I've liked all your stories this far, and this one didn't let me down. :goodjob:

Thanks Sicky!

BTW, as this story will end soon (probably two or three updates remaining), I would appreciate suggestions for my next story.

Currently I have been leaning towards America or Germany; perhaps even recreating the British Empire. But the one I choose to do, might as well be none of these.

Or for a real challenge try recreating the Holy Britannian Empire from Code Geass (You'll have to turn off domination victory to do so)

Spoiler :

Blue represents the HBE, a country that owns 40% of the worlds landmass and 52% of its population.

Red represents the alliance of nations that declared war on Brittiania to see its fall

I think the biggest challenge would be as the Incas, or maybe the Dutch.

But great story, though. And how did China get pleased with you that fast? Is it because of the same civic?

Orange is the EU, who just lost a war with Britannia, surrendering France in exchange for peace, Due to their defeat some of the countries left the EU and joined the United Federation of Nations, an alliance of countries against Britannia.
Pink is some unnamed Arab republic who 2 years ago lost a war with Britannia. This map is set in 2018 following an alternate history. Grey (Australia) is the one neutral country during the world war that is about to start.

The Netherlands is actually extremely easy to play, the extremely fertile lands around Amsterdam make it a perfect settler/whipping factory. Also, the UP means you can quickly settle Winburg (S. Africa) long before anyone can get colonies outside of Europe. The UU is also brilliant for colonization.

Its very rare to see a vassal who is annoyed or Furious towards you

Capitulated vassals do have almost all old negative diplomacy modifiers so if you have re-declared them from about 2-5 times they are gonna be furious/annoyed towards you.

Jusos, thou art a beast

Not only is this story entertaining, but it's taught me a lot too.

You are clearly a very good civ IV/RFC player.

Thank you all for comments!:)

Or for a real challenge try recreating the Holy Britannian Empire from Code Geass (You'll have to turn off domination victory to do so)

That would require a lot of capturing and liberating cities and I doubt that it could be done with final patch as Rhye has decreased the bonus for megaempire's city liberations.

Netherlands might be fun too since I haven't played as them in a long time.

China is pleased with me, because our trading relationship is really good for both techs and resources. As for Japan the difference is that I haven't really traded with them as they never had extra treasury or gold per turn.

EDIT: I'll try to finish the story during the weekend.

Because after having over 40 cities that is the only way to lift your stability. Huge economy can only take you so far, so if you don't liberate cities, the exponentially increasing expansion stability will eventually collapse you. In this game I have only about 35 cities.

Top Bottom