[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your comment.

i didnt meant that airport should not be present,i meant its various"expansions".For example,the military airbase,and then you must build and the commercial airport.For these facilities i was reffering to,not of course the airport.And still insist,that having so many units,and buildings to build,-lets suppose you are involved to war as well-seems impossible,and personally,never have the chance to build them.

Since i reffered to a war situation i think that 10 turns are few for peace.

Yes i know that zappara made the mod,however is a combination of many people worked in several mods in order to improve something.

Also,i wonder if you ve ever played civilization 1,and civilization 2.in these games,the mountains sometimes were forming chains,cordillera-like the alps today in europe highlands in scotland,or andes in south america.now,in civ iv there is only one peak,and nothing more.

i think that zappata instead of adding marsh,should add this.

@makrisgialos

Don't mean to sound offensive or anything, I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the only reason why so many people play this mod, is because of all the added "stuff" to this mod. I mean a good opposite to this mod would be RFC, since it has only, "New features", while the great thing about this mod, is that its jam packed with all sorts of new, buildings, units, improvements, civics, religions etc, and if Zappara starts taking away all that stuff, then the game becomes less and less enjoyable. At least this is my opinion, but I'm sure a lot of people can relate to what I'm saying, correct? :)

BUT, when I cannot play this mod either way, then that becomes a problem ;)
So I was wondering when we will see a new installment for this mod come out?

Hello there,

No offensive at all.As i said on the beggining,i (want to ) believe we have free speech here,so all comments are welcome.
As i have explain,some buildings,units,resources,improvements,and techs,were needed.No doubt about that.
I m telling again,that simply you cant -or perhaps-you cannot catch up and build all these buildings,units etc.Even on the original CIV iv you barely can and sometime not at all.Ancient Greeks have a famous saying"παν μέτρον άριστον",means in general you must keep some balance.Balance i consider here not exists.I donw know how many techs are imported,i assume around 90,but i think 30-40 would be perfect.After that,i was playing and got boring...
In my first comment with talking points i explain good things and bad things-you called them"staff and i agree with this.I dont agree with a huge amount of extra things.also nice to hear anyone's opinion.

Has anyone got a mirrow to download the latset version other then the the torrent version please?

Also,i wonder if you ve ever played civilization 1,and civilization 2.in these games,the mountains sometimes were forming chains,cordillera-like the alps today in europe highlands in scotland,or andes in south america.now,in civ iv there is only one peak,and nothing more.

i think that zappata instead of adding marsh,should add this.

I find that the Tectonics (RoM_Tectonics) map script often provides such mountain chains. It is the main reason that I use that script. ;) It can also provide upland plateus but these are not quite right IMHO.

And yes I have played every version of Civ since the beginning, and yes I am one of those who have added mods to RoM. ;)

Hello there,

No offensive at all.As i said on the beggining,i (want to ) believe we have free speech here,so all comments are welcome.
As i have explain,some buildings,units,resources,improvements,and techs,were needed.No doubt about that.
I m telling again,that simply you cant -or perhaps-you cannot catch up and build all these buildings,units etc.Even on the original CIV iv you barely can and sometime not at all.Ancient Greeks have a famous saying"παν μέτρον άριστον",means in general you must keep some balance.Balance i consider here not exists.I donw know how many techs are imported,i assume around 90,but i think 30-40 would be perfect.After that,i was playing and got boring...
In my first comment with talking points i explain good things and bad things-you called them"staff and i agree with this.I dont agree with a huge amount of extra things.also nice to hear anyone's opinion.

I can't disagree more. I suspect that RoM just isn't the mod you are looking for. There are plenty of other worthy conversion mods, try out Total Realism, which may be more to your liking.

I can't disagree more. I suspect that RoM just isn't the mod you are looking for. There are plenty of other worthy conversion mods, try out Total Realism, which may be more to your liking.
In other words "Ekki láta hurðina högg þú hvar the góður Drottinn hættu þú":lol:

Well, i believe ROM point of strenght is to have lot of stuff aswell.

Imho the problem is not how much stuff you have in game, but that CIV4 does not support multi-processors (bad spelling, hope you catch what i mean), slowing the game for every single unit, building or tech you add to the original game.

My hope is that ROM can be decently "moved" to CIV5, having the same variety with a faster performance.

To makrisgialos: i'm quite sure that the same ROM you are playing with faster turns would give you a completely different and enjoyable experience. :goodjob:

Well, i believe ROM point of strenght is to have lot of stuff aswell.

Imho the problem is not how much stuff you have in game, but that CIV4 does not support multi-processors (bad spelling, hope you catch what i mean), slowing the game for every single unit, building or tech you add to the original game.

My hope is that ROM can be decently "moved" to CIV5, having the same variety with a faster performance.

To makrisgialos: i'm quite sure that the same ROM you are playing with faster turns would give you a completely different and enjoyable experience. :goodjob:

Falcon,

you are correct.
I have tried to play this in normal speed.Game seems to be better.But on marathon speed is a slow death from boring.
Another problem however is that game crashes.I dont know what is causing this.
Also the answer from some members here (meaning if you dont like this mod find something else to play) reminds me nothing more than a high horse attitude.It reminds me a customer who is visiting a tavern,and some(not all) foods are not good.Then complains this to the owner,and the rude owner replies"if you dont like here,go and eat somewhere else".Some of these guys possibly visiting my country for vacations.And they would not feel happy if someone talks to them with this manner if they were be present in a situation like this.Thats the way now adreesing to me.Behind a pc i would also feel perfeclty safe to speak like this,but if you have someone infront of you i bet that they would not be so bold with this behaviour.

PS:No,i wont make the favor to you searching finlandian translation in google.I have explained what "παν μετρον αριστον "means.

First time i installed this mod, just a question to the very early game. As i recognized it lasts long to build settlers(about 75 rounds or so). Is it intended to last that long or am i doing anything wrong? The AI players have already build a second city, how did they do this(my settler_production at this point is still far away from completion)?
Another question: ist there a way to find out, what my scouts have discovered in tribe villages? I thought there were messages that tell you what you get in it or is it just new 'feature' in BTS 3.19?(last time i played civ was on version 3.17)

Another question: ist there a way to find out, what my scouts have discovered in tribe villages? I thought there were messages that tell you what you get in it or is it just new 'feature' in BTS 3.19?(last time i played civ was on version 3.17)

This is a bug that crept into the latest version of RoM :(.

Well, i've got another bug.

I don't know what happened, but upon using CONTROL-A on city screen to sell improvements... it appears the pop up on confirm sell or cancel, but i click on confirm and it doesn't sell anything.

If it needs to be said, this mod is for people who want MORE, which is why I love it and cannot play Civ without it.

As for it being bad business to reject the criticism of a customer who does not like the food in your Restaurant, this is not a restaurant it is someones house who has cooked you a huge banquet for free so complaints are unseemly. Constructive criticism is always good, but do not expect that your opinion of good cooking is what everyone wants to eat, especially since this has been worked on for a LONG time by some talented people who probably have other things to do.

Anyway, I found I have a lot less crashes since I got Windows 7 64 bit and 6 gigs of ram. It used to take me 2-3 min just to load the mod now it loads as fast as vanilla civ. AI turns can still get slow in the later game but I usually quit once I am winning anyway. And with tanks and aircraft winning is usually pretty easy.

One problem I still have is I like the revolution mod and the barbarian cities turn to civs mod, it makes it harder for me to dominate early which is more fun, but the AI just gets crushed by it. I always end up facing 30+ 1-2 city states. I wait for the AI to start consolidating them but as soon as they expand they get revolutions so it is easy for me even on the second highest difficulty.

Other than that this is still the king of Civ IV mods in my opinion. Thank you for all the work! I desperately hope that Civ V gets similar treatment soon after release!

Anyway, I found I have a lot less crashes since I got Windows 7 64 bit and 6 gigs of ram. It used to take me 2-3 min just to load the mod now it loads as fast as vanilla civ. AI turns can still get slow in the later game but I usually quit once I am winning anyway. And with tanks and aircraft winning is usually pretty easy.

Very interesting.
You give me hope that upgrading my system to 64bit will help to play RoM (and AND) again :).
Point for discussion: is it really a hardware problem or just a (software) CIV4-problem?

Maybe a lead to solving some video-problems. It has nothing to do with AND, well not directly, for AND is demanding ....
We had a discussion in the AND-MODMOD-thread about the system used or the graphicscard being the cause of the game collapsing:
I doubt it. Civilization 4's diplomacy screen, popout videos, and menus have always been laggy. Play BTS unmodded and build a wonder to see for yourself. It's not a mod problem. Also, since the game uses 32bit architecture, the maximum ram it can use is ~3GB of ram. (On 32-bit computers, be sure to enable 3GB of Ram usage). So if you use too big of maps, it can cause memory allocation failures, which I have little control over.
There is quit a lot in Afforess view on it , I think

Very interesting.
You give me hope that upgrading my system to 64bit will help to play RoM (and AND) again :).
Point for discussion: is it really a hardware problem or just a (software) CIV4-problem?

Well it is both, as far as I can see the Mod expands the memory needed to run civ to the point that before 64bit it was swapping out a lot to the HD which causes major slowdowns. I would assume the mod could be adjusted to not use as much RAM, but that would require removing functionality and features in all likelihood so that does not seem like a fix to me. Given that games expand as time goes by the 6gigs I have now might not be enough after a while, or there might also be CPU bottlenecks on some functions.

Hello

Just upgraded to 2.92 from 2.81 (and with AND 1.74). Suddenly forests are removed when I build mines. Not sure if this is RoM or AND, or if it is bug or feature. Anyone know? Is this done in xml or python, and how can I fix it manually without waiting for new release?

Thanks for a great mod by the way.

Hello

Just upgraded to 2.92 from 2.81 (and with AND 1.74). Suddenly forests are removed when I build mines. Not sure if this is RoM or AND, or if it is bug or feature. Anyone know? Is this done in xml or python, and how can I fix it manually without waiting for new release?

Thanks for a great mod by the way.

It is part of the optional AND mod BetterRoM. This option has many things in it mostly IMO they are trying to get the balance in it back to where it is in RoM while adding content. I don't use this option as this removal of forrest and a few other features move to far from RoM IMHO.

Top Bottom