[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

So just for giggles and to give Zappara a heart attack...

When does RoM come out for Civ5?

::grin::
Not long after he gets pissed at how disappointing Civ5 is and then gets over the ensuing depression and turns the anger and depression into RoM for CIV5. With the "unprecedented modding tools" available, it should happen pretty quickly. Right?

Not long after he gets pissed at how disappointing Civ5 is and then gets over the ensuing depression and turns the anger and depression into RoM for CIV5. With the "unprecedented modding tools" available, it should happen pretty quickly. Right?
Given the scope and complexity of RoM... you'd probably need to upload Zappara's brain into a computer to allow for nigh-instantaneous editing to get it done in... a couple of months or so! :lol:

Of course, if that happens, we'll also see the rise of Zappara-AI taking over the planet, so it might be the least of our worries by then!

Cheers, LT.

UPDATE 2 SEPTEMBER 02

Well it is both, as far as I can see the Mod expands the memory needed to run civ to the point that before 64bit it was swapping out a lot to the HD which causes major slowdowns. I would assume the mod could be adjusted to not use as much RAM, but that would require removing functionality and features in all likelihood so that does not seem like a fix to me. Given that games expand as time goes by the 6gigs I have now might not be enough after a while, or there might also be CPU bottlenecks on some functions.

Thinking about drjones' remarks above, I tried something:

Under Vista you can create a socalled "READYBOOST MEMORY" by changing (a portion) of fast memory in the property-window of that memory
In my case I used an usb-stick. It has to be FAST (at least USB2) or it will not work: the ReadyBoost-tab will not even appear in the window !
I connected a 4Gb USB2-stick, changed it to ReadyBoost and suddenly everything works fine !!!
It turns out that in Vista the ReadyvBoost can also be used in the way drjones describes above.

There is a small led in my usb-stick and I can clearly see the heavy activity as it needs this memory when I play CIV4-RoM-AND on High Grapics at 1680x1050. It even works great in a game fully developed after many turns!
By the way: same thing for other demanding graphics- or video-software

Hope it may help some of you too !

greetings,
Viator

I'm sorry, maybe i'm just blind, but in the first post, i can't find a torrent file to download 2.92, or a patch to update from 2.91 to 2.92...

there's only a magnet link, which my client can't handle, and updates from 2.9 to 2.91...

I already have a torrent client, and it is already configured to my needs. i don't need a new one.

you just can't expect every torrent client out there to implement handling magnet urls. i'm simply asking to provide the .torrent file as well, as was done for 2.91...

Thank you zappara for making the most fantastic mod for Civ IV.

I first found out about RoM two weeks ago when I decided to come back to civfanatics to see what was new. I saw on the home page a hotlink for Rise of Mankind_A New Dawn, so I gave it a try.

Wow, I am impressed. I am also hooked now. I tried to play a vanilla game of Civ IV yesterday, but it seems so plain and unexciting. I really enjoy the graphic changes and all the new details you added. And I am thankful for you and all the others combining so many cool modmods to your base mod.

Again, thanks a million for your creation.

Mark

So just for giggles and to give Zappara a heart attack...

When does RoM come out for Civ5?

::grin::
RoM for Civ 4 has been in development for over 3.5 years - initial release took about 8 months to make. I had also lots of free time to devote this project - these days I got lot of work to do and less free time. With this in mind, I'd estimate it would take at least 6 months to make a initial release but it can also take until next summer for first release - though we'll probably be lacking new graphics for long time since it will take lots of time from other modders to model new units, buildings etc for the new civ engine... We modders also have to learn new scripting language and all the modding tools and file structures etc. We also have to play Civ 5 for while to understand all the game mechanics...

I'm already disappointed to Civ 5, even though I haven't even seen it yet - it's lacking stuff!!! More work for us modders! :mad: :lol: But then again there never hasn't been any Civ games that I haven't enjoyed when playing them first time... ;)

Given the scope and complexity of RoM... you'd probably need to upload Zappara's brain into a computer to allow for nigh-instantaneous editing to get it done in... a couple of months or so! :lol:

Of course, if that happens, we'll also see the rise of Zappara-AI taking over the planet, so it might be the least of our worries by then!

Cheers, LT.
My ultimate goal is to take over the world! :D Uploading brains to computer will happen around 2030-2040 so that's going to have to wait :lol: Besides, you wouldn't be ready now for that complex AI... ;)

Anyhow, I still got to finish up Civ 4: RoM project before moving to next projects... If only I hadn't so much overwork at this fall...

Hi zappara i have just downloaded your RoM 2.91 version to my Civ 4 BTS. Though i just tried to play play it and nothing came up from the mod when it loaded. All the same Civs were there and nuthing change. Now i am very new to modding and have absolutely no idea wat to do. If you can help me i would really appreciate it :goodjob:

Hi zappara i have just downloaded your RoM 2.91 version to my Civ 4 BTS. Though i just tried to play play it and nothing came up from the mod when it loaded. All the same Civs were there and nuthing change. Now i am very new to modding and have absolutely no idea wat to do. If you can help me i would really appreciate it :goodjob:

See point 6 in the FAQ.

Basically it says that you should have installed it in the "Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind" anything else won't work. Also it should not be in your "My Games" folder.

One other commonish mistake is to install it into a "Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Rise of Mankind" folder.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm hoping this is a simple answer. I'm trying to get back into RoM with the new AND mod. The strange thing is that every time I load the mod it resets all my options. This includes basic options like graphics and audio as well as BUG options, etc. It even resets my resolution every time. This is very annoying and I've looked all over at different files trying to figure this out. Any ideas? thanks

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm hoping this is a simple answer. I'm trying to get back into RoM with the new AND mod. The strange thing is that every time I load the mod it resets all my options. This includes basic options like graphics and audio as well as BUG options, etc. It even resets my resolution every time. This is very annoying and I've looked all over at different files trying to figure this out. Any ideas? thanks

You need to set up so that you go straight to RoM
- use a short cut (there is something in the RoM Forum on how to do this),
- double click on a save or
- change your civilization.ini file (in "My Games\Meyond the Sword" folder) to point to RoM.

Change
Code:
Mod = 0
to
Code:
Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind
or
Code:
Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

Hi, Zap,

The 2.8 version has got an extra civ pack.

Is there possible to adjust this pack for 2.92 ?

Are you going to provide a mega civ pack for 2.92 ?

Thanks

hi guys,
maybe some of you can help me.after i played a couple of hours(or days,hahahaha),my money seems to dissapear.i still earn heaps of money and it adds up for a round or two but then it just sets my money counter to a lower amount(form example:i had 600 in account and earn 200,press next round and i have only 187 left instead of 800...)
can anyone help me with that?takes the fun out when you want to save money for unit upgrades...thx :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

Is it at all possible to run Rise of Manking Ver 2.92 in multiplayer under the steam platform? I'm asking because a friend and I tried for 2 hours to get RoM version 2.92 to work under Direct IP, Internet Game and LAN with Hamachi and we just could not see each others game lobbies at the end of the day. In fact no games appeared on Internet Games (the one hosted by Gamespy). Beyond The Sword with no mods seems to work fine on Internet Games, but this is rather discouraging since the readme indicates that Rise of Mankind is multiplayer compatible. :(

hi guys,
maybe some of you can help me.after i played a couple of hours(or days,hahahaha),my money seems to dissapear.i still earn heaps of money and it adds up for a round or two but then it just sets my money counter to a lower amount(form example:i had 600 in account and earn 200,press next round and i have only 187 left instead of 800...)
can anyone help me with that?takes the fun out when you want to save money for unit upgrades...thx :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

Have you got a new tech that allows a new route type and your workers automated? Routes cost money to build but you would need to have a very large work force for this example to be so.

Top Bottom