Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Acheron has a variable length leash. I don't know the exact limits on it, but it's not smart to taunt the dragon, thinking that you're staying just out of range... :D

Roaming dragons are indeed for the win. ;) I really like the new Acheron, though he dies easier now to massing AI (or player). Maybe it'll be perfect after unit stacking limit upgrade...

Also, I hope the team is not too busy playing Civ 5??? I for one, interestingly, have absolutely no interest in it and would rather pick up Rife 1.31.

Me nether. I have already decided not to buy civ5.

Becouse of steam. I hate steam.

Well, I won't get into that discussion (don't need it in a stickied thread :p), but I will say... Up until testing CiV I disliked Steam. Had only used it in an early form, more trouble than it was worth.

Now, though, it's actually useful. Hell, I've been using it to chat in game with other people playing the beta (Grey Fox and Opera). Plus, it allows DLC and patches to go off without a hitch, allowed for an unhacked release (the worst kind of pirating always occurs BEFORE the release! Civ V had none of that, thanks to steam), and just allows for a better gaming experience, at least in this case.

Got an py exception when creating a game, related to Diakonos unit:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 30, in onEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 136, in handleEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 147, in _handleDefaultEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 1121, in onGameStart

KeyError: 'Diakonos'
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

Not sure what it means, honestly.
(Perhaps related to "Dark forest" game option not working?)

And this one? (Again when creating a new game):
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 30, in onEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 136, in handleEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 147, in _handleDefaultEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 1094, in onGameStart

KeyError: 'Forest Creeper'
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

.......Yes, Sjru. It is the same function, both had the same issue, both were fixed. :p

Hmm, ok, but do not get mad!

I have another report. In all my games that Mazatl AI is present, they manage to get some Wyverns very early game, way before they cast their spell, much before they even get Priesthood (And thus able to build Wyvern Guardians).

I'll show a pic, in case you don't believe me:
Civ4ScreenShot0063.JPG

See? They have Wyverns, but they don't even have Priesthood (It's not ticked), is early game!. How they can get Wyverns?

Yeah, just had the dude with 12str Wyverns at turn 90 (Epic) too. Was a bit weird, but chances are that the Fall Under mod's causing it, seeing as it's a bit unstable spawnwise.

IMO I don't think FallUnder is reponsible of this (For now).
That mod seems to affect Bhall and units that doesn't have any requeriments checks, such as "Cannot be built by any Civilization", but, who knows... Wyverns doesn't apply to that, it should be something else...

.......Why? It's an excellent game, I enjoy it far more than BtS.

Strangely enough, for me it is because I'm just not in the mood for nursing a civilization through ages. Rather, I have been feeding on fantasy and sci-fi. Maybe I'll give it a spin after a few months.

I hate the fall because that's when everybody releases their games and I have to choose between them due to very limited funds =(

I hate the fall because that's when everybody releases their games and I have to choose between them due to very limited funds =(

That's company's intentions, actually. "Choose ours, to not chose theirs" (Or the other way round...)

I love it because now that I'm older I find it very easy to wait until January when Steam puts everything on sale for like 80% off.

Anyway, new games have all the bugs... :D

Two little bugs -

Sitrep - Sheam Fort within my cultural boundaries. Somehow, it lost all of its culture on the square as it was overpowered by my own. But, the Pyrelord and ownership of the tower where still Sheam. When I declared war or revoked our Open Border agreement, the game would CTD. Removing the tower and pyrelord fixed the problem. (Note: IIRC, Fort issues have been noted as "fixed." Just making sure this one was fixed as well.)

Stephanos Simplex One - So, I just spent fifty turns or so chasing Stephanos around the map. His Withdrawal rate is astounding and with his "fly" ability, you can't hem him in unless you have a huge army to occupy all the squares his 4-move would let him get to. Finally, after a very long stare-down match while he sat on top of series of mountains that I could not reach, I was able to kill him.. only to find out he had Phoenix Blood and was resurrected... So, the whole thing started over again, finally resulting in his death.. probably... Is this guy Erubus' version of Herpes or what? Is he supposed to have Phoenix Blood? If so, balance wise, it took much longer and consumed more resources than it should have to eliminate his threat.

I figured all the horsemen did, because I often see a horseman get killed by the AI and then be reborn somewhere else in the world.

Top Bottom