No Treasure for Pirates

By other players? I remember that I ran into some named ships when I played last week.

Spanish crown is not willing to pay that kind of compensation at the moment.

Although we will not oppose to the establishment of the settlement, we will take note that such action has been taken despite our clearly expressed disagreement.

Sent to Peglegs with apologies for the delay.

(typo corrected 'take note' instead of 'take not')

Last edited:
A King who apologises to zese practitioneurs of piracie is not much worthy of such a throne. Clearly ze House of Hapsburg is showing weakness from all zat inbreeding.

OoC
Ok thank you for answering my Question. I believe seeing a Privateer/Pirate ship's name is best, because a Ship or rather its Captain can possibly gain a reputation rather than just be seen and hunted done and sunk by Capital Ships or whoever.

IC
At Tortuga, Captain Scarlett christen a new Corsair the "Legacy" but does not break a bottle of Rum over her Bow, but shares it and a few more with the crew he selected to man this ship. I have an announcement, I have Chosen one of you Buccaneers to stand in as Captain of the Legacy. Arrr its me Captain Doogle says, Arrr no it ain't its Me right Captain Morris asks. Captain Henry steps forward to the third Buccaneer and hands him a Jolly Roger. The young Buccaneer's eye widen and begins to speak but says nothing and promptly falls to the floor, behind him a jealous Buccaneer holds the broken jug that caused the collapse. Captain Henry steps over Regis and signals the others to help Regis up. He then drawls his Saber and points it at Martoe until two Buccaneers grab his arms. "Throw him in irons"

Regis shakes off the shock of the blow and tells his crew to board and set sail. Regis sets a coarse Northwest to crooked Island but misinterprets the off coast current, he shout commands but the crew do nothing, soon the ship finds its way to the shores of Heneago and drops anchor. He doesn't order a landing party he just stands there looking toward the Sea. Regis? Regis? It's Captain Regis you blokes! Whatever you say Captain Regis, Arrr if we stay here to long we are either going to crash into some Rocks or we are going to be spotted by the inhabitants of this Island. We wait until High tide, hopefully we can make it into deeper water next time!

GPS

Last edited:
Ze Royal Fleet continues with le bombardement of zese abominations Piratiques.

Unfortunatement, great numbers of pirates are seen between Mapaca and Port of Spain. Could zis be a relief operation for ze undead monstrosités? Hopefully His Majesté in Madrid is not behind zis, and neither is ze so-called protecteur of Angleterre. Potentially, an expedition should be sent against zese pirates' stronghold -or should ve say "den"?- wherever it may be. Fortunately for our ships, we have departed from Cumana northwards, and ze pirates will be unable to find His Majesté's ships in the myriad of islets.

If zere were anyone interested in ze Advanced Colonies or Sea Trade, we French would be happy to exchange our superior knowledge - yours, though non-French and thus clearly inferior, has value for its quaintness.

T018, July 1657:

Dutch ships in Namibia are again shelled from the sea.

Bombardment of Cutthroat Island redlines the last defenders and destroys the Wharf. Then Queen Mary sinks another Pirate Ship! Now we are getting somewhere... :thumbsup:

Message to the Roy le France: England would indeed be interested in exchanging knowledge, however, isn't tech trading disabled for this scenario? (At least I can't trade with the Peglegs, even though we each have techs, that the other side doesn't have?!)

GPS to Jarovid/Spain

Last edited:
OOC note: tech trading with AIs is enabled, even though they are simply not willing to trade for anything in the world. I tried offering hundreds and hundreds of hold per turn and they wouldn't accept.

We send to our cousin, King of France, detailed study on Naval Tactics, and would like to receive Advanced Colonies in return.

GPS to Peglegs

Advanced Colonisation? Ah, we see zat someone vould like to settle ze Yucatan, n'est ce pas? Vell, at least ve get somezing in return.

So tech trading between France and Spain works??! Why can neither the Peglegs nor the English trade with anyone?!

After a long uneventful journey, Mad Jack Rackham's little fleet finally arrives at Portuguesian shores. The governor of Mapaca is asked for a small contribution to the Pegleg's Rum & food supply, but he very unpolitely refuses. Seems like the Portuguese are not as friendly as their relatives, the Spanish :(

Enraged, Captain Mad Jack orders the guns to be made ready and then shells Mapaca with a couple of broadsides. The men go ashore to see, whether some entertainment is to be found in that lousy Portuguese colony.

GPS to Eclipse/Swashbucklers

It is certainly most reasonable to tell vouz, Monsieur le Pirate Jacques, zat if you call someone from ze Mediterranean basin someone else's relative zen you're calling on a sacred link. Do not be surprised if ze Spanish choose to sink your ships in defence of zeir ‘brothers’.

Just got the two savegames, I'll play them tomorrow and check the trade stuff.

(maybe I get a free tech? ;))

I've checked the trade stuff. I can send Naval Tactics to Britain, the Swashbucklers, the Netherlands and the Peglegs. What do we do? Should I send the tech to one of those and see if they can send the tech on to the Spanish?

Can you send it unaccepted to England and Swashbucklers, just to test out, whether I can then send something in return? Naval Tactics is not particularly interesting for me, as I'll have it finished soon. But would be good to test it out for future deals. (I'm also taking a look at the .bic now.)

PS: ok, I checked in the .bic: all the techs have the flag "Cannot be traded" activated, except for one: Naval Tactics. So I guess you won't be able to get anything from us in return... I'll update the bugs thread accordingly.

Last edited:
OK… I'll play the turn again tomorrow then, this time without accepting Naval Tactics from Spain.

T019, Aug. 1657:

After another round of heavy shelling, Namibia is finally taken by English ground forces. Peace negotiations with the Nederlands are started and concluded successfully.

At Cutthroat Island, the French have already done a good job. One more shot from an English Corvette is necessary to red-line the last defender, and then the Queen Mary kills the first Undead Pirate. (Wasn't there another Pirate Ship in there last month?! They probably had to disband it in order to pay their rum...)

Question to le Roy de France: what is your idea of distributing the procedings of this campaign? Split the gold looty in two and then take turns governing that island?

In an attempt to support our dear friend and Privateer, Sir Jack Rackham, who has been treated so badly by the Governor of Brazil, war is declared on Portugal. That'll teach them not to respect our allies.

GPS to Jarovid/Spain

His majesté is indisposed to being questioned about such tiresome matters as money. As to that, his Chamberlain would like not to repeat His Majesté's epithets and skip straight to the point. Payment for our expenses (ammunition and gunpowder, frogs' legs, wine, a few baguettes a day, and so on) would be just compensation.

How would zis proposed co-administration of ze Ile des Morts Vivants function?

Top Bottom