Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple grassland hill mine became very special. (truffles + tin events + gems)
Spoiler :

Vassal liberates city. (no own units there)
Spoiler :

Everyone is trying to please Tokugawa and Roosevelt, but they don't cooperate.
Spoiler :

A very nice start to run Bureaucracy later, but something is missing.
Spoiler :

It's rare to see 4 PAs being formed in a game, but it's very rare to see a PA between Hammurabi + Shaka.
Spoiler :

It's rare to see 4 PAs being formed in a game, but it's very rare to see a PA between Hammurabi + Shaka.
Spoiler :

By the way, how do you exactly make permanent alliances in the game? The Civilipedia article on the subject led me nowhere.

First, you have to start the game from Custom Game, not Play Now, and enable permanent alliances by checking the appropriate box. It is disabled in the default settings.

Then, after you have discovered the appropriate technology, it will appear as an option in the trade screen when you contact an AI. This works like open borders, where you discover the appropriate technology and Open Borders becomes a choice on the trade screens.

If you don't enable the option on the Custom Game screen, then it will never become available, even though it will be listed as one of the benefits of the enabling tech.

A very nice start to run Bureaucracy later, but something is missing.
Spoiler :

What's missing? IIRC a FP counts as 0.5 of the 2 food requirement, so you have enough food.

And thanks to being Industrious with every city I found I get a free Forge. :D

Spoiler :

Why do they have that annoying isolated square of culture? It annoys me.

Spoiler :

Obscenely long city name time.

Spoiler :

[Do not open if you still have to play the LHC game]
Spoiler :

Pigswill, are you there? I think I found someone who disagrees with you.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 553
is that comment in the unmodded game?

is that comment in the unmodded game?

Yes, I've seen it in the past, probably Funny Screenshots 1.

<Tag>AI_DIPLO_REFUSE_TO_TALK_LEADER_KUBLAI_KHAN_1</Tag>
<English>Hello, this is [OUR_NAME]. [OUR_CIV_SHORT] is not at home right now: please leave your name and number and we'll get back to you when pigs have wings.</English>

Civ4 > XML > Text > Diplomacy Text

I've seen Washington say he had slept in my Empire once, and Roosevelt said it was "absolutely marvey to see me again"

Mod is Rise of Mankind, for the nosy.

Behold, the glorious Greek Empire! (ie what happens if you screw with me and my Mongol buddies.) Pericles later made the city on the bottom into a vassal. :p
Spoiler :

What would Cave Johnson do? :mischief:
Spoiler :

This is what Barbarian, the leader of the Barbarians look like. (I made them playable)
Brace yourself.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :
But before,he didn't have the mustache, or the hat, or the tie, or anything! I just thought he looked weird, so excuse my sense of humor, this thread hasn't had a post in days.

Those feathers or whatever on the hat seem to be clipping, but it's still incredibly funny.

It's more fitting to the Minor nation and Sid actually looks better with those threads on. :lol:

I've heard of Barbarian Villages, but never Barbarian Village People. :)

I've heard of Barbarian Villages, but never Barbarian Village People. :)

I made them playable for my Narnia Mod. (Only in the latest, if you wait about half an hour it'll be in my sig) to do that you go into Assets/XML/Civilizations/CIV4Civilizationinfos.xml, findd the Barbarians (or Minors if they're there) and change <bPlayable>0<bPlayable/> or <bAIPlayable>0<bAIPlayable/> to 1

Ok, it didn't let me put an attachment in my sig, so, until I figure it out, here it is.

View attachment Radio Noer & Jwitti's Narnia (V2).zip

Radio Noer laid out the bones for me, and I made some modifications and played it. Quite a lot, actually. I'll probably put it on the Database ASAP.

I made them playable for my Narnia Mod. (Only in the latest, if you wait about half an hour it'll be in my sig) to do that you go into Assets/XML/Civilizations/CIV4Civilizationinfos.xml, findd the Barbarians (or Minors if they're there) and change <bPlayable>0<bPlayable/> or <bAIPlayable>0<bAIPlayable/> to 1

I've seen Barbarian Civs before, I was referring to Sid's enhanced look, specifically in relation to these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_People :lol:

The more annoyed he gets the more stuff he gets added to his picture.

That would explain it... in the scenario they were friendly vassals of the Narnian Empire, and in the other one, they were the target of my wrath after they attacked my Archenlandish buddies.

The Mod is still pending....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom