MoshIOT I (Sign-ups)

Mosher

Mushroom dad
MoshIOT

Spoiler :

Joining the game
Choose 20 provinces to start out with, and select a capital as your province. Please mark it clearly. All of your infrastructure will be in your capital; if it is captured, all of your infrastructure is contained within your capital. Please also state your name; anything else, such as history, flag, economy, etc is purely up to you, but will grant you RP bonuses at the start.

Basics
This IOT is set in 1960, and updates will be every 2-3 days.

Each territory grants you one IC (Industrial Capacity). IC is the lifeblood of your economy; you do EVERYTHING with your IC, from building armies to building infrastructure to investing in technology.

You can expand by investing IC: it costs 2 IC to expand to one province.
You will get bonuses, at my discretion, for good RP.

Economy

Now, you can just expand as far as you want ( as long as the tiles are contigious or linked by sea), but you can also invest in infrastructure. Buildings that provide defensive bonuses can only be built in your capital, and the defensive bonus is only given once (you can build more than one, but you only get the bonus once) There are 6 buildings you can build with IC:

Factory (Costs 20 IC)
Provides: 10 IC/turn

Road (5 IC)
Provides: +10% defence in your capital, 2 IC/turn

Airport (70 IC)
Provides: +10% defence in your capital, 30 IC/turn, allows training of aircraft

Bunker (20 IC)
Provides: +30% defence in your capital

AA Guns (100 IC)
Provides: Enemy aircraft attacking your capital have a 70% chance of being destroyed

Drydocks (60 IC)
Provides: 10 IC/turn, allows building of ships

Military
The much more fun means of expansion!

Whilst declarations of war can be sent via PM to myself, I will sent a notification to the defender stating that this province is being attacked (not by who, unless the declaration was public), and he will state how many units are to defend. I will not state how many units are attacking.

You require a navy for every 5 armies you wish to transport overseas.

You can blitz through one extra territory for each army tech level you have. (Army Tech 2 means blitzing through two territories)

Aircraft

There are two types of aircraft: planes and helicopters.

Inside of the planes section, there are two subsections: fighters and bombers.

Fighters intercept bombers, unless they are protected.

Bombers can bomb a province before an army goes in. It will roll a 10-sided dice; if it rolls a 1, it kills one enemy army, a 2, one enemy army, and so on and so forth.

Support aircraft have two sections: interceptors and medial helicopters.

Interceptors act much the same as jets, but are only used for defense (but are cheaper)

Medical Copters are interesting. Though expensive, each Med. Copter in the attack/defense side has a 10% chance of rescuing half of the armies killed in the fighting, up to an 80% chance. So, if 5 armies die in an attack, and there are 8 Med. Copters that succeed in their 80% chance roll, 3 armies will be revived (rounded up).

Combat in this game works like this: Each side rolls a 20-sided dice. The defender will always win a tie; defender will get a 5x bonus to their roll if fighting in this capital. For having a 2-1 advantage, the larger side will get a 2x roll. For having 3-1, 3x roll, 4-1, 4x roll, and so on and so forth. The loser will get their roll subtracted from their opponents roll, and that number represents the number of armies lost for the losers. The winner will get their roll, divided in half (rounded up if it is a decimal), as their casualties.

Example
Nation of X attacks Nation of Y with 50 armies to Y’s 20. Since Nation of X has a 2.5-1 ratio against Y, it’s rounded up to a 3-1 bonus. Nation of X rolls a 10, multiplied by 3, into a 30. Nation of Y rolls an 18. Since Nation of Y lost, it subtracts 18 from 30, coming out to 12; it takes 12 casualties, bringing its army down to 8. Since Nation of X rolled a 10, it takes 5 casualties, bringing its army down to 45.

Unit list

Army (1 IC)

Fighter (10 IC)

Bomber (30 IC)

Attack Copter (5 IC)

Med Copter (50 IC)

Navy (2 IC)

WMDs

There are three different WMDs - nuclear, biological, and chemical. Each one can be upgraded, either improving tiles destroyed by 1 for each tier or percent chance of success increased by 10% and failure reduced by 1%.

Nuclear bombs will decimate several provinces (5, radiating from the blast point), making them worthless. They will show up as grey on the map. They will not provide any IC at all. A capital province, if it has a bunker in it, can survive 5 nuke blasts before it is turned into a wasteland.

Chemical weapons will be deployed and will roll a 10-sided die. Each chem weapon has a 50% chance of wiping out 20% of the enemy army; but beware, because a chem weapon can only be deployed on provinces that you are adjacant to (or connected-by-sea), and have a 20% chance of destroying 20% of an nation’s army that has tiles adjacent to the province where it was deployed. These can only be deployed once every 5 turns.

Biological weapons will have a 50% chance of doubling enemy unit production cost (armies will cost 2, for instance), by killing off the people needed to fill the ranks. These will last for 5 turns, and each turn has a 10% chance of it spreading to a neighboring nation (which can then be spread to other neighboring nations). This effect does not stack if another bio weapon is used on the nation until the nation is free of the effects of it.

Each program for these will cost 200 IC.

Atomic bomb (60 IC)

Chemical Weapon (30 IC)

Bio Weapon (50 IC)

Science

Each tech costs 50 IC more than the previous one. All tech for combat units (armies, attack copter, fighters, navies, etc) will add a 2 to their roll when they fight. It also increases naval capacity by 2 for each Naval Tech.
Tech for Heli increases Med. Copter chance by 10%
Tech for WMDs are explained in the WMD section
There are 25 techs in each tech branch except for the WMDs, which have 10.

Army Tech 2 -
Cost: 50 IC

Aircraft (Plane) Tech 2 -
Cost: 100 IC

Aircraft (Support) Tech 2 -
Cost: 100 IC

Nuke Tech 2 -
Cost: 200 IC

Bio Tech 2 -
Cost: 150 IC

Chem Tech 2 - 300 IC

Naval Tech 2 - 100 IC

Player list -

American Southern League of Prosperity
Player: Sonereal

Carolinian Empire
Player: MoreEpicThanYou

Kingdom of Lesotho
Player: nightcreature

The Demon Realm
Player: Yoshiegg737

German Union
Player: Red_Spy

Free Bavaria
Player: Omega124

Byzantine Empire
Player: mechaerik

India
Player: bonefang

Caspian Khanate
Player: Double A

Republic of Australia
Player: spaceman98

Kingdom of Hellas
Player: christos200

Republic of Romania
Player: Krzowwh

Spain
Player: Tyo

Neo-Papal States
Player: Kinich-Ahau

Vijayanagar
Player: SouthernKing

Southern Pommyland
Player: hoplitejoe

The Holy Canadian Empire
Player: Farsight

Wu State
Player: Caragus

Reserved.
You may post.

American League of Prosperity

"The working man can not starve if he works in his shift in a factory."

-Detroit Industrialist and Politician

Spoiler :

Government: Industrialist-ran oligopoly

Attachments

• ALP.png
    ALP.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 284
Epic Empire
I'll add history and other stuff later, I just want to solidify my control over Tambien's hometown. :)p, Tambien.)

History: After the collapse of the United States, a man took control over North and South Carolina. He claimed himself Emperor Epic I, the one destined to begin a great empire. After capturing Virginia from the Tambienic rebels, the Emperor is deciding his next target. He knows, however, that not all enemies are worth attacking, and aims to capture the parts of North America that have not been taken over by new governments.

Flag: A sword and sickle crossing eachother

Economy: Capitalist, but the government has the right to take full control over an industry when necessary to avoid economic downfall.

Government: Imperialist

Attachments

• epicempiremosh.png
    epicempiremosh.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 306
Do understand I'm going to wipe you out in the next three years.

METY - I'd really rather it if you refrained from using the word "epic" in my IOT. I don't want to be a Nazi... but I'm really rather sick of the word by now.

The Epic Empire calls a meeting with the leaders of other North American powers to divide up the continent, but will wait until more countries are revealed.

The Kingdom of Lesotho

History: In the time of chaos in 1959, a man, now only known as N, took over the British government of Lesotho and proclaimed himself king. After unifying his new nation, he sought to unify the African continent. Now, one year later, most of southern Africa is under his command. As an inexperienced leader, N has to prove to his nation that he is strong enough to conquer Africa. After hearing about the Demon Realm, N gave this speech: "Citizens of Lesotho. It is I, N. It has come to my attention that demons in North Africa are foiling our plans to unite Africa. Now this is no reason to panic. You see, they are just demons. We have an army. Nobody, and I mean nobody will stand in my way - in our way - to bring unity to all of Africa. It seems, though, that the only way to do this is to create a kingdom. I, N, shall be your king - dictator if need be - so that you will be able to see a better tomorrow and a better future."

Flag:

Economy: State Monopoly

Currency: Loti

Language: British English

Government: Dictatorship under the guise of a Kingdom

The Demon Realm
(Because using them in one IOT was just not enough)

Spoiler :

History:
Spoiler :
Demon's have existed since the dawn of time, in a world unseen by the regular human being. Now, however, the portal that once separated these unstable worlds have finally collapsed. Demon's have now begun to flood into this world we call Earth.

How has this portal been shattered? The million year old wall collapsing in a mere 7 days? At the center of this new nation stands one man, who chose to become the king of demons and destroying the portal between the two worlds. Now, he has created a nation of demons, among the many other human nations.

Has he chose a route of peace? A route of warfare? Time shall tell.

Government: Absolutism
Economy: A modern looking version of the barter system. Equality above all!
Culture: Demons of various cultures and races, including the one human who is currently king. There are, however, various god's and goddesses included in The Realm's culture, such as Amaterasu, whom the capital city was named after.
Capital: Amaterasu

(Capital has been clearly marked with the "X")
Spoiler :

(And if you don't like it, they can always become demon worshiping humans at the GM's command :p)

Attachments

• MoshIOT 1.png
    MoshIOT 1.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 304
German Union

History: When Germany collapsed, people of Berlin began rebuilding civilization in the ways Marx had written about. They quickly spread over Germany, and seek to reunite the country. (More Later)

Flag: Will make later

Economy: Communism

Government: Anarcho-Commie

Capital: Berlin

Spoiler :

Oh, yes; a side note - I will grant bonuses to people who come up with detailed warplans!

Spoiler :
Ugh, one time I try making a decent OP (Thuringia) for an IOT, someone (Red) has to take the land I was going to claim. :mad:

Well, off to make another nation...

Free Barvaria

Economy: Will

Government: Make

History: Later

Capital: Munich

Attachments

• Free Barvaria.png
    Free Barvaria.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 56
METY - I'd really rather it if you refrained from using the word "epic" in my IOT. I don't want to be a Nazi... but I'm really rather sick of the word by now.

The Epic Empire calls a meeting with the leaders of other North American powers to divide up the continent, but will wait until more countries are revealed.

I'd really rather not be ignored. Change the name or incur the wrath of the GM.

Byzantine Empire

Government: Absolute Monarchy

Emperor: Emperor Emmanuel I of Haiti

Religion: Shinto

Capital: Kōnstantinoúpolis (Constantinople/Byzantium)

Official Language: Turkish

Currency: Pound

History: After the collapse, Greek nationalists overthrew the remnants of the Turkish government in Istanbul, and called themselves the Republic of Greece. When they realized they didn't actually control Greece, they stopped and thought. Eventually, it was decided that a Prince of Haiti who had financially supported the movement would be invited in to take the throne of a new Byzantine Empire. A flag was designed, with 13 stars representing the Twelve Olympians, protectors of early Hellas, and the final star representing the Emperor. The stars were overlaid a field of blue, which represented Greece's history with the sea. It had red bars, representing the blood of those who died in the Second Revolution, and white bars, representing the pure state of the nation.

Emmanuel I, as he styled himself, proved to be a capable military commander, and marched against the remnants of Turkey, establishing control over the region. With most citizens in the Byzantine Empire actually culturally Turkish, he decided to fully integrate them into his realm and made Turkish the official language of the country. With the currency failing, Emmanuel I adopted a foreign currency, the British Pound Sterling, to provide the lifeblood for Byzantium's economy.

On a trip to Japan, the Emperor visited a Shinto monastery had a spirited discussion with a monk. During a fitful night of sleep, Emmanuel I had a moment of enlightenment. Visited by the spirits of the natural world, his eyes were opened and he converted to Shinto, making it the state religion of the realm.

Map: Capital Region is Marked in Yellow.
Spoiler :

History : It is 1960, the British East Indian Empire has collapsed not very long ago. The British had used this fertile region as the food factory to run its two military campaigns. The last 13 years has seen major changes. When the British had quit India, people expected a better way of life, what they got instead was a communal violence, the severe lack of governance and government facilities.the newly formed nation was not in a position to provide benefits to its residents that were urgently needed. The old Nawab (locally "King") was not in a position to take over the reigns to control the situation either.
Some of the more prominent faces of the region, took it upon themselves to form a new council of elders. After much deliberation, it was decided that a parliament was to be formed, with the elders serving for the first year with the old Nawab as the head of the state; during this tenure, an election would be held which would decide the future course of actions.

Flag:
Spoiler :

Economy: Free market Economy

Government: Democracy

Capital: Kolkata

Religion : Cosmopolitan (48% Hindu, 40% Muslims, 5%Christians rest are Jews & Buddhists)

Currency : Rupiah

Language : Mostly Hindi, with a splattering of of classical Urdu at places of high literary interest.

Capital: Baku

Government: Khanate

Economy: Laissez-Faire

History: Some guy got a bunch of tanks together and took over the Caspian Sea.

Spoiler Trolcansaw :

Capital: Little Rock

Government: Dictatorship

Economy: Serfism

History: The Great moot took over everything. The End.

note: Me trolling. Not my real nation. However, this is Sone's nation, and I completely support him in his trolling endeavor.

Any reason you posted two...?

Yeah! Yours is great. :)

Top Bottom