09 : Italy
10 : Sweden
11 : USSR
12 : USA
13 : China
14 : Japan
15 : Others
16 : Paratrooper

Most models were conversions of others game, e.g. Civ4, Axis and Allies, Sudden Strike, Blitzkrieg, Theatre Of War, Daisenryaku, World of Tanks, some great creators, from the internet....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tutorials :

Gedemon - Add a new unit in the game

[Edited Animations and Effects]
v1 Updated : 2012-6-21

Download

(Download again when I updated!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note :
Please put the folder "Edited_Animations" to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Units\
and replace the files.

Use it if you want to see the unit work correctly. (e.g. Chariot, WWII units, etc...)

[Skeleton Template]

WWII unit's Skeleton Template in this thread : WWII Unit Pack 15 : Others

v2 List : Updated 2012-8-22

Archer_Template
Chukonu_Template
CompanionCavalry_Template
Composite_Bowman_Template
Crossbowman_Template
Hoplite_Template
Horseman_Template
Huscarl_Template (required "Viking DLC")
Knight_Template
Lancer_Template
Longbowman_Template
Longswordsman_Template
Pikeman_Template
Roman_Legion_Template
Samurai_Template
Spearman_Template
Hakkapelitta_Template NEW
HorseArcher_Template (required "Mongol DLC") NEW
Scout_Template NEW
Download

Tutorials :

bernie14 - How To: Import Civ5 Meshes to Blender to Create Civ5 Units

is that a prelude for something really big ? :D

@danrell... ouah...
how did you do all this "conversion" ?
(especially from cIV)...
the former explanations is still current ? I thought it wasn't anymore useful...

danrell, I've seen that you've updated some of the WWI unit's threads, did you also update some unit models, or was it just to update the link to the animation files ?

ok, thank you :D

Amazing units Danrell, maybe you should make a complete pack that includes all of them rather then having to download each seperately?

EDIT: Another question, how does one actually add these unit?

I'm curious about something, I'm well aware of how to add units to the game; however, if I want to use all your skin packs and have the proper civilizations use them does that mean I have to basically create duplicates that are only used by that civilization (i.e. for Romans to use the Roman models I'd need their civilization to UnitClassOverride to a duplicate version of each unit type that uses your skin/model)?

I'm curious about something, I'm well aware of how to add units to the game; however, if I want to use all your skin packs and have the proper civilizations use them does that mean I have to basically create duplicates that are only used by that civilization (i.e. for Romans to use the Roman models I'd need their civilization to UnitClassOverride to a duplicate version of each unit type that uses your skin/model)?

AFAIK, yes. There isn't (at least yet) a UnitArtStyle sort of thing for Civ5.

(i.e. for Romans to use the Roman models I'd need their civilization to UnitClassOverride to a duplicate version of each unit type that uses your skin/model)?

Newer builds of R.E.D. use an artstyle-like method instead of UU's. See this post.

Alrighty, thanks!

BRILLIANT units danrell :goodjob: you are trully a unit genius....

looking forward to more!!

Hello Danrell,

when you find the time could you make us an Air Force Swordfish to put on the Ark Royal :)

And perhaps make some more Artillery : a medieval bombard and a WW1 75 mm gun would be nice :)

Thanks for doing all those wonderfull units!

Top Bottom