Danrell's Civ5 Units Thread

Most of his models are made by other people or taken from other games. All without permission I might add. It's been resolved largely but I don't forsee him turning up and trying to pull the same trick twice ;)

but I don't forsee him turning up and trying to pull the same trick twice

but whithout Danrell those models would not be available for us and converting them to Civ5 took him a large amount of time.

So on my side I say thanks to Danrell once again, he helped to bring more unit diversity to the game.

Whether or not it took him a large amount of time or not, proper credit should be given, rather than posting "Look what I made!" either explicitly or by omission and ergo taking the credit for work he did not do.

Most models are conversions from civ4, authors are known, credited, and, AFAIK, have not restricted the use of their models on the site.

The problem is with some of the WWII's models, that are converted from sources outside CFC, and for which we will edit Danrell's posts and give proper credits whenever asked.

Most of his models are made by other people or taken from other games. All without permission I might add. It's been resolved largely but I don't forsee him turning up and trying to pull the same trick twice ;)

How is that a recent discovery ? That was known ever since he started posting them, he even says so in the individual threads... ("This is a first pack , I used a lot of civ4's units convert\re-create to civ5. Some people like Bakuel, bernie14, The Capo, Chuggi, etc.....done the perfect units and I used it, thank you very much"). How is that 'pulling a trick' ?

Concerning permission, it is understood that you have permission, he might not have asked, but I am certain no one would have not given it. Again, no issue to me.

It still took effort to convert them (try it yourself...) and many units he also changed slightly, so I definitely am thankful that he did it, do not see anything wrong with it and hope that he will convert more units.

Whether or not it took him a large amount of time or not, proper credit should be given, rather than posting "Look what I made!" either explicitly or by omission and ergo taking the credit for work he did not do.

Credit is given, not sure where this whole idea of it not being given comes from.

They aren't Civ IV conversions, they are converted from models and textures other modellers (myself included) have made for other games. This has been corrected by the moderators, but insisting he gave credit when he did not (and he certainly didn't email myself or others involved) is plainly incorrect.

Hmm, I've been using some of Danrell's graphics in my own mods, so I suppose I'll have to try and track down the original designers to give them credit too...

(Although I'm not sure where to find out any of this information... :( )

They aren't Civ IV conversions, they are converted from models and textures other modellers (myself included) have made for other games. This has been corrected by the moderators, but insisting he gave credit when he did not (and he certainly didn't email myself or others involved) is plainly incorrect.

which models did you make?

Hmm, I've been using some of Danrell's graphics in my own mods, so I suppose I'll have to try and track down the original designers to give them credit too...

(Although I'm not sure where to find out any of this information... :( )
If you're not using WWII units, you don't have to worry.

Squire James, I'm sorry if I haven't given you Credits :( :worship: . Most models were conversions of others game, e.g. Civ4, Axis and Allies, Sudden Strike, Blitzkrieg, Theatre Of War, Daisenryaku, World of Tanks, some great creators, from the internet....
I did this, do not get any interest, I just want the game more interesting. But I haven't given proper credit, this is my fault, I can delete all ww2 units' post if you want. I'm sorry if I have violated anyone's interests. :(
Thanks and sorry my bad English. :(

danrell, you've been a huge asset to the Civ5 modding community. And, well, if you've broken some rules, hopefully that can be forgiven by the offended parties (with proper credit given for previous and new conversions, of course).

I wish I could recruit you into doing some fantasy unit conversions. They are all from Civ4 (Fall from Heaven mostly) so permission is not needed, though credit is of course.

danrell, you've been a huge asset to the Civ5 modding community. And, well, if you've broken some rules, hopefully that can be forgiven by the offended parties (with proper credit given for previous and new conversions, of course).

Totally agreed. My mod (and others' mods) would not be the same without danrell ;).

Absolutely love the models, sounds like a stupid question, but I'm guessing we're allowed to use these as long as we give permission? If so, any mods that add the majority of the WW2 models? because damn they're awesome!

If so, any mods that add the majority of the WW2 models?

Gedemon has made a very good mod about WWII with those models.

I use them as well in my mod.

Okay, so I downloaded all the "Unit Pack" Files. But where do I put them? So I can play them.
Because it looks amazing! I want to add the units to the game, I don't want to make new ones!

These units aren't mods, they're models to be used as resources for modders. If you don't want to make any gameplay changes, most of them are incorporated as ethnic units in R.E.D. Modpack. As Hulfgar mentions in the post above yours, he uses nearly all of them in his mod by adding new types of units.

Okay, thx for your reply! but whenever I try to us r.e.d modpack My game crashes.

Top Bottom