Danrell's Civ5 Units Thread

...but do I still need to download the Edited Animations and Effects and install it? The files I've got in my Civ V folders don't match up with the instructions you provided...

Are they only compatible with vanilla Civ? I've got G+K...

They're not strictly necessary [EDIT: except for chariots IIRC], but if you want e.g., arrows or propellers to display, then you should have them. The best method would be to include them in your mod (VFS=true), however you can leave them in the directory as directed; they don't replace existing files.

They're not strictly necessary, but if you want e.g., arrows or propellers to display, then you should have them. The best method would be to include them in your mod (VFS=true), however you can leave them in the directory as directed; they don't replace existing files.

Ahhhh, if I can do it that way it'll probably work easiest; the instructions with the download said "Please put the folder "Edited_Animations" to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Units\ and replace the files.", but when I browsed the folder it had a bunch of .xml defines instead of the animation files the download had, so I wasn't sure what to do with them.

Hi guys, just want to let you know that the skeleton template rar is corrupt and won't open. Could some kind soul re-upload or send another link my way?

Yep corrupt for me :(

On a related note my planes are on the ground. raising them in blender doesnt help. any idea to get them to sit higher on the map? is there an offset in an xml or animation fix?

the screenshot seems fine in your YF-23 thread

Yeah, and the unit works fine as well.

When it flies its fine but while it waits its in the buildings. i also tested another unit thqt is an air unit but want it to be a late game scout and it would run on the ground. i think i can creat a vertex that elebates it to hive height but was hoping there is a more elegant way.

As far as I can recall, every CiV air unit sits in the buildings when selected in a city?

[Skeleton Template]

WWII unit's Skeleton Template in this thread : WWII Unit Pack 15 : Others

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
v2 List : Updated 2012-8-22

Archer_Template
Chukonu_Template
CompanionCavalry_Template
Composite_Bowman_Template
Crossbowman_Template
Hoplite_Template
Horseman_Template
Huscarl_Template (required "Viking DLC")
Knight_Template
Lancer_Template
Longbowman_Template
Longswordsman_Template
Pikeman_Template
Roman_Legion_Template
Samurai_Template
Spearman_Template
Hakkapelitta_Template NEW
HorseArcher_Template (required "Mongol DLC") NEW
Scout_Template NEW
Download

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tutorials :

bernie14 - How To: Import Civ5 Meshes to Blender to Create Civ5 Units

I'm getting a bad/corrupted file from this. Does anyone have a good copy?

Here you go:

[NB: these are for the Ancient / Classical / Medieval Era; the WWII templates are included with this pack.]

Attachments

• civ5_skeleton_template.rar
    6.9 MB · Views: 435
Darnell, could you possible to a conversion pack from Civilization IV for modern warships (Later second half of the twentieth century) like this, this one, and this?

Darnell, could you possible to a conversion pack from Civilization IV for modern warships (Later second half of the twentieth century) like this, this one, and this?

are you going to do the xml? I think he has all the templates. Its easy for me to do if you just want the models.

Just the models if you have the time. I can add them into my game without a problem.

Thank you so much.

In the Udaloy unit, I see a .dds and a .fbx file, do I replace the missile cruiser's granny line with the .fbx? I also don't see a .fxsxml file in the units, that suppose to be like that?

Hey Danrell. Are you going to be making any new units for BNW? Can't wait to see them if you are!

Top Bottom