Danrell's Civ5 Units Thread

I am a big fan of danrell's units and used many in my mod.
However, I have a little problem with the early jet fighters.
Is it possible to change the animation so that the early jet fighters do have jet propulsion, but shoot with machine guns?

HI Danrell
Does your packs comes with icons and texts?
i made a mod for the Early maceman but it still shows the spearman's icon and texts
See my post in (adding new units tutorials) for more details

i would also like to know if it is pôssible to take the longswordman greece and sit him on a horse to make it a monted swordman as a new unit?

Thank you!

Does your packs comes with icons and texts?
No, very few of the 3D models come with icons, unfortunately, nor text descriptions. You'll have to cobble something together yourself, or enlist help. (Good luck. Make a new post in the main Customization & Customization subforum with any questions you may have.)

...if it is pôssible to take the longswordman greece and sit him on a horse...
It's possible, but would take some knowledge of Blender, and I'm not really sure what animations could be re-used for such a unit. Danrell hasn't been making units for CiV for some time, so you'll need to go to the Unit Request Thread, and hope an artist feels inspired.

No, very few of the 3D models come with icons, unfortunately, nor text descriptions. You'll have to cobble something together yourself, or enlist help. (Good luck. Make a new post in the main Customization & Customization subforum with any questions you may have.)

It's possible, but would take some knowledge of Blender, and I'm not really sure what animations could be re-used for such a unit. Danrell hasn't been making units for CiV for some time, so you'll need to go to the Unit Request Thread, and hope an artist feels inspired.

Later todday i'll rework my mod and post it in forums,
I think for the monted unit i would like to make, Hakkapelita Animation should be use i think, and wher could i find a good tutorial for learning blender? at least what i would lioke to do?

thank you again very much

Hello!

Is it possible to make civ4 units out of the blender-files that Danrell included for the units, exporting them to .nif in blender? Made a few attempts so far but failed (only shows up as red blobs in civ4. I guess Danrell isn't very active in here anymore?
Might be better to ask this in the Civ4 forum, but the short answer is that it is certainly possible, but you will have to fit the unit to one of the Civ4 animations. This tutorial should help you with this.

Furthermore you most probably will need to use NifSkope to get the unit really working in-game ("nifswap"). This tutorial has a good collection of links which might help you with this.

Hope this will help you get started. :)

Might be better to ask this in the Civ4 forum, but the short answer is that it is certainly possible, but you will have to fit the unit to one of the Civ4 animations. This tutorial should help you with this.

Furthermore you most probably will need to use NifSkope to get the unit really working in-game ("nifswap"). This tutorial has a good collection of links which might help you with this.

Hope this will help you get started. :)

Ok, thanks! I will read up on the tutorials for NifSkope and try some more.

Top Bottom