[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, they are identical (blue-clad) when working in the colony view:

The Player does never get "Regulars" unless you place them with Worldbuilder.
They are the "Veterans" of the King.

So the Screenshot you posted is from a situation that can never happen by normal gameplay.
(The King will never use "Regulars" as workers in the colony. The player will really never get them.)

There is nothing to do here.
Let us please not create useless graphics. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure...do you get a royal soldier (the grey/green one) due to the support event/declare war event? Or gets the player only hessians, royal artillery and a Man-O-War?

By the way: The efforts to create such a graphic would only be 10 minutes and a little work with photoshop & gimp...

This screen shot shows what I mean. In the garrison the regular and veteran soldiers are distinguishable because the regular is in light green while the veteran is in blue. However, they are identical (blue-clad) when working in the colony view:
Isn't the Regular a King's unit only? At least he was in TAC. If so, the "problem" should never occur during normal gameplay unless you give the player a royal dragoon (the regular's standard profession).

Wow. Beaten by two on this topic. :(

I'm not sure...do you get a royal soldier (the grey/green one) due to the support event/declare war event?

No, there is really no way the player could get a "Regular".

By the way: The efforts to create such a graphic would only be 10 minutes and a little work with photoshop & gimp...

Well ok, if you want to create the CityGraphics for the "Regular", go ahead. :thumbsup:
(But the player would really never see the graphic in normal game.)

Isn't the Regular a King's unit only?

That is exactly what I have said here. :)

Yeah. On second glance I must have missed the last page. Sorry for the unnecessary posting.

I tested the Dutch graphics with SVN 844: ships. cannons, regular and veteran soldiers, and normal colonists all as 1) musketmen, 2) dragoons, and 3) cuirassiers. Also tested scouts and pioneers. All graphics were as animated (moving) and at rest.

The only question is about the fishing boat. Now, the military units for Holland are tinged with red (probably should be orange, the Dutch colour). In fact the musketmen, both veteran and non-veteran have all red coats, such as this free colonist musketman:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

But I found it odd that the fishing boat is orange. No other Dutch vessels had an orange strip on the top of the hull except the fishing boat. The few other nationalities I played did not have colour-coded fishing boats that I noticed. Anyway, here's the Dutch fishing boat:
Spoiler :

But I found it odd that the fishing boat is orange.

The Fishing Boat does not have UnitArtStyles (yet).
(It is the same for all Nations. The "Flag" is simply always TeamColor.)

So everything is ok. :thumbsup:

The few other nationalities I played did not have colour-coded fishing boats that I noticed.

You probably really simply did not notice.

Not just the flag, but also the top of the hull. OK, I investigated further and found that other nationalities are similarly coded by the nation's colour in the flag and hull. I only noticed it in the Dutch because orange was such a strong contrast to the dark hull. The fishing boat is a late addition, and probably because of its small size, you chose the colour rather than the full nation's flag which flies from the mast of all the other ships. For example, here's a close-up shot of some of the French ships. All have the full flag flying except the fishing boat which only has a solid blue flag:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

And again, the fishing boat is the only vessel that has the nation's colour as a strip across the hull. This is a fine solution for a small ship. I just reported it as I was on the lookout for graphic anomalies, but now I understand the methodology used.

And again, the fishing boat is the only vessel that has the nation's colour as a strip across the hull. This is a fine solution for a small ship.

The Fishing Boat is not the only one without UnitArtStlyes actually.
It is the same for Smuggling Ship.

These 2 Ships simply do not have UnitArtStyles (yet).
(Maybe they will get UnitArtStyles at some point. :dunno: )

But we know about that. :thumbsup:
(It is nothing to worry about. It is simply a small point on our extremely long list of possible todos.)

By the way, I've now completed testing the French graphics: ships. cannons, regular and veteran soldiers, and normal colonists all as 1) musketmen, 2) dragoons, and 3) cuirassiers, animated and still. All are fine.

By the way, I've now completed testing the French graphics: ships. cannons, regular and veteran soldiers, and normal colonists all as 1) musketmen, 2) dragoons, and 3) cuirassiers, animated and still. All are fine.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Maybe I will add national flags for the fishing boat, but not for the smuggling ship.

I think it is correct/ok, that a "smuggling" ship cannot be identified by its flag... ;) :D

Maybe I will add national flags for the fishing boat, but not for the smuggling ship.

I think it is correct/ok, that a "smuggling" ship cannot be identified by its flag... ;) :D

Yes, of course. :)
Actually Smuggling Ships have "Hidden Nationality".

@team:

Our team member Androrc has released a ModComp which sounds quite interesting.

I think the idea is good and I would like to take a look and eventually integrate it into Religion and Revolution.
(I will probably do so on the weekend.)

Any objections ? :)

@team and partners:
I have uploaded the newest version of the PlotSystem from Willi into our mod.

@Willi:
Thanks a lot for your hard work. :thumbsup:

Using SVN 849, I have now tested the English: ships. cannons, regular and veteran soldiers, and normal colonists all as 1) musketmen, 2) dragoons, and 3) cuirassiers. Also tested scouts and pioneers. All graphics were as animated (moving) and at rest. All were fine except some anomalies with the ship flags. Here's the English fleet:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

I have the galleon highlighted (it's the third in from the left on the second row). It is flying a solid red flag in the foremast similar to the fishing boat and smuggling ship, not the red ensign that is flying off the stern. This appears to be an error.

Most military ships are flying the white ensign (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Ensign) except for the Brigantine (fourth ship from the left in the second row). Most non-military ships are flying the red ensign (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Ensign) except the sloop (first ship on the left in the second row), and , of course, the fishing boat and smuggling ship. As you can see by the wikipedia links, this is appropriate as red ensigns were, from 1674, reserved for English merchant ships. The white ensign was used more ambiguously, but ended up as a purely military flag.

The anomalies between ships with the red or white ensign, therefore, are minor in this era, but if someone like Schmiddie has time, he might consider changing so all military ships use the white ensign and all non-military ships use the red ensign. The only glaring issue is the galleon "red" flag.

The only glaring issue is the galleon "red" flag.

We know about that. :thumbsup:
It is quite difficult to change (Schmiddie could explain) and also no real problem.

Most military ships are flying the white ensign except for the Brigantine (fourth ship from the left in the second row).

Brigantine is not meant as "Military Ship" in our mod.
It is simply a stronger Merchant Ship.

Most non-military ships are flying the red ensign except the sloop ...

Sloop is a "Military Ship".

Thanks for testing. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom