PIE's Ancient Mediterranean on Deity

Do what you feel is best. I'm fine either way. Just let me know where to make the change.

Aw come on. Show some resistance sometimes. :eek:
Also, you should tell me if I take too much of your time. I know you're not the kind to be focus on one thing for a long time.

Aw come on. Show some resistance sometimes. :eek:
Also, you should tell me if I take too much of your time. I know you're not the kind to be focus on one thing for a long time.

No worries. I'm enjoying this. I'm actually usually pretty focused and generally always finish what I start.

How does one get to pop 2 on size 4? Is there some event that does that?

Good idea to mark resources with the eternal fog.

What will are worker do? Build a camp.

I guess this is a got it if you are passing on. I will look at save.

I assume we actually founded Celt gods. I guess there is no free missionary.

Ah...I see a Mish. He's our...um...MP :lol:

So I guess we go Husbandry next or should we push straight to Internal colonization now? Or we may want High Priests first.

I guess finish worker and maybe build camp in forest for extra food now.

Then warrior for MP and two Hunters. Wait to send them out together and start getting some XP.

Looks like we need to scout more to the South and west and East. Warriors just don't last long out in the wilds.

Yup. This is a pass.

We get a free missionary, but unusable until Internal Colonization.

That warrior next the mountains, you should keep it there. He will likely survive for a long time. Also, keep in mind that bonuses resources are like walls for animals unless you are right on top of it.
So, use that sheep resource as a wall in case that bear approaches.

Ah...I see a Mish. He's our...um...MP :lol:

So I guess we go Husbandry next or should we push straight to Internal colonization now? Or we may want High Priests first.

I guess finish worker and maybe build camp in forest for extra food now.

Then warrior for MP and two Hunters. Wait to send them out together and start getting some XP.

Looks like we need to scout more to the South and west and East. Warriors just don't last long out in the wilds.

Yes for hunting because it gives hunter (they have a chance against weak animals) and the capacity to hunt animals for food. Yes, when going out of culture boundaries, it is best to form a squad and definitely not move as a whole. I often use a warrior as a sacrifice to make a preliminary move. Then I move the stack.
Sadly, AH needs Agriculture.

The good thing with Hunting is the possibility of a deer to appear...

Ba careful where to improve fist because the animals can attack from the exterior. The best tiles first are 1S,1W,1E and 1N of the city square. The religion helps to maintain an absolute security in those tiles.

So you are saying that animals don't enter tiles with resources unless to attack? So I should plant him on the PH 1W?

Looked more closely at Celtpedia. If I'm seeing things correctly they have some really cool unique units and they seem more unique than a lot of other Pie civs. Belgian Warrior guy looks strong and the Woads are nice.

So what to Tech now..straight to Internal Combustion or High Priests first and a double civic change? IC picks up some good techs on the way.

I can put in ~30 turns now, but we can discuss some first.

Well, we need AG for IC anyway, but if we get some deer we can avoid AH and go straight IC.

high priest is good for faster unit production.

Yeah, avoid workers on borders for now.

So Hunting Party? 2 Hunters 2 Warriors will do you think... which direction should we venture first? Or stay around borders for now to feed the city.

Well, we need AG for IC anyway, but if we get some deer we can avoid AH and go straight IC.

high priest is good for faster unit production.

Yeah, avoid workers on borders for now.

So Hunting Party? 2 Hunters 2 Warriors will do you think... which direction should we venture first? Or stay around borders for now to feed the city.

Now that I think. High Priest is a good tech path. Because it is pre-req of Leadership, the first most important tech. The palace is worth culture (faster 3rd border!), 4 :commerce: (the biggest commerce early source) and one happy. Also espionage, but is irrelevant now.

You should report what is uncovered with hunting. I think AH and even agri might wait.
Hunting alone provides strong 3 :food: 2 :hammers: 1 :commerce: dense forests. Basically almost equivalent to the costly AH improvements.

High priest and then Leadership. Getting the Palace will help to leap technologically. And maybe we'll have some nice leaders nearby with the access of Hieroglyphs or Cuneiforms. If they get those techs quite early, we might trade Leadership for small techs like AH or Agriculture, we'll see.
For now, we know there is another barbarian nation like Arminius (don't know yet who is it).

The squad should go south. North is the map limit, west is a barrier of mountains and east is coastal. Best chance to make an incursion is south. Or tech trade....

I agree on 2 hunters and 2 warriors. Good point between feeding the city and possibility to hunt some civilized animals... :) From my past experiences, there was always a moment of danger from revolts (unhappiness) because the growth was simply too fast...after all. We have mostly positive tiles and no way to whip...

Oh...yeah...palace a must

AG is a must for really everything including Priesthood. We can't avoid it. So AG>Priesthood.

I can finish Hunting now and see what we get...report back

Thanks for the support for mah story. I gave up somehow because it is simply the worst public evaa. Obsessed with earth maps, phoney games (warlord difficulty, axes vs warriors, free capitals, etc.), and random weird things like that Realpolitic. The most frustrating is those getting all wet in front of an OCC with basically nothing happening.
Not to mention being struck by a strong tendency to laziness. I got criticized 2 times and again not satisfied.
45-60 mins effort from me each turnset and still incapable to make a less of a second effort. GAWD!

Oh...yeah...palace a must

AG is a must for really everything including Priesthood. We can't avoid it. So AG>Priesthood.

I can finish Hunting now and see what we get...report back

Oh, did not know that. I guess we have to feed well those...high priests.

You know those High Priests...always hungry for corn and little boys :lol:

"lambda guy"? where is that comment even coming from. I never saw that. I think your India game is going quite well actually. I don't know if you are having some discourse elsewhere. Just keep in mind that S&T II is populated by a lot of youngsters.

Ok...so off to finish Hunting for now....I'll report back in a few.

Then Ag>Hungry Priests>Leadership and develop Hunting Party of Death

Don't know if it exists in english, but in french une personne lambda is an expression meaning a typical one. I don't direct anyone, but that comment was pretty what people might think.

Yes, those youngsters...! (I'm 25, not anymore one of them...)

Lol at the priest jk.

Yeah, we got us some deer. Can you say Power Pie Cap?

Lambda is just another Greek letter to us and used for Fraternity/Sorority names, like the fictional Lambda Lambda Lambda Fraternity in "Revenge of the Nerds"

I had moved to that forest the turn before assuming we'd camp it this turn. The deer are in danger zones, although the southern deer is in forest and surrounded by forest, so worker can't be sniped at least. We can station a couple of warriors there or just go with camp 1N for now.

Too bad forest deer doesn't keep hammer, but at least gains commerce.

Spoiler :

Barb Warrior defects to us as it seasons are Warrior, who will die anyway later :lol:

Evil Beast!

Venison!!!

2 Warriors are still over West. Though about moving the XP warrior back East some but that bear is hungry. I haven't used promo yet, but assumed probably Woody line.

oops! save

Attachments

• Tachywaxon_LymoI BC-3570.CivBeyondSwordSave
    119 KB · Views: 242
Commerce is strangely far more important early game. The problem is that dense forest provides 1 :hammers: and 1 :commerce:, making the same result, but with an additional hammer and partial health. That deer is worth +1 health (the rivers are connected thanks to the tile onto which the worker treads) and fast growth. I think that should prioritized. And look at the nearest fog of war...coast! No animal will pounce upon the poor worker without being alerted.

Stupid Urus.

Barb warriors got a weak mind after all. He had no friends anymore. Still, where did he come from? I mean, it is pretty far from the hut I triggered. Another civ nearby?

Don't know what to with him yet, but should perhaps go onto that hill 1NW for more sight and possibility to make contact. An opportunistic contact with a strong civ allowing early tech trade is über strong.

Top Bottom