History Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

it's not any help for this new Turkey when anybody starts something with "New Turkey (not Turkish) government" . Presumably it's meant to convey the notion that the A-K-P Goverment is a Muslim one , possibly in a non-Muslim country . ı certainly can't see A-K-P declaring they are not Turkish but Muslim ; can be easily proven by urging anybody over there to do so ... Words are tiny , just a grouping of letters and sounds yet the difference they convey ... Say , "Ataturkcu racism" falls rather short of Racism without Atatürk , not that ı would actually define the excesses during Kemal's reign as Racism . Which this New Turkey was so happy to expose ; with this injustice and that murderous crime . And guess what . With just a month of Gezi related stuff , we immediately learned Kemal's Bursa Speech , in which he calls on the then Youth to break some heads in case anybody tries to oppose the Revolutions of the time was not an authentic thing but invented in the 1960s . The New is so keen to play with history that it forgets its intented audience , this abonominational Nation that goes by the name of Turks , too , has a percentage of the mental faculties that differentiate man from the monkey . The reported excesses can easily be forgotten , especially by the New , whenever some dude from Washington curses the idiocy and the haste of the New . "Stop babbling and reach out to the Masses." says the American in daily control and the New decides it will solve all the problems with declaring Kemal was actually a Democrat and wouldn't have urged violence , the aim being of course taking people off the streets where they were banging pots and chanting anti-Goverment slogans ... This being the History subforum , let's say Kemal's troubles of mounting foreign interference were immediately cured by the Wall Street that thought bursting the bubble in '29 would be so profitable ... The failure of Democracy in 1930 is almost entirely the fault of the "Democrats" . Yet of course , the State Channel in 2013 or something had this magnificient TV Series that taught us the truth , but ı digress .

and ı feel we are swimming in circles here . Must be looking like the way to go with insisting that ı see Kurds as substandart . Possibly my fault at the use of English ; yet shall we say the whole world knows what's the deal ? That the entire orientation of this country since mid-1970s has been to abandon the "Kemalist Fallacy" of 'Peace at Home, Peace in the World' ? Operated with a vengeance since freakin' stupid Turkish Army lost its direction with the sound of the first bullet whizzing by and won in Cyprus ? Instead of getting beaten on the beaches and the Paratroop / Airborne bridgeheads ? But then insistence on things unsaid is the way of the New in Turkey . And insistence on things negative on the Old Republic ; that's why it's incredibly amazing that you are not aware of the Diyarbakır Prison . "Almost 99%" of any Kurds arrested after Sept. 12, 1980 were participants in the political feuding in the country , anybody actually against Turks in any way would be an oddity , the 1% in the discussion . They were then intentionally targeted as Kurds , seperatists while they were not . They were fed solid human waste , this thing called feces , so that none of them could bring himself to say that they were no different from the Turks . The New Turkey was so into declaring that there would be no 30 years fighting but for the abuses in Diyarbakır ... Waiting for it to be become a museum , if it didn't happen already .

the Kurds were supposed to be a tool , with a charade of fighting , so that they couldn't be dismissed as pampered wannabes while their "uprising" coincided with Özal's reign so that the fighting could be "moderated" by Civilian control of the State , so that Washington "could" stall the operations whenever the "last" 20 seperatists were just about to be cornered into a cave . Lest the righteous liberation of the oppressed Kurds would end right there , with a dozen grenades and a hundred bullets . So that the paralysis of operations would be a justification for further Islamization of the country since the stupid Turk couldn't fight against the Marxist-Leninist seperatist hence we needed the Sunni Kurd on our side but the Sunni Kurd wouldn't play with the heathen Turk . See where that ended .

so , what's an Islamist ? How about somebody that "uses" Islam for political aims ? Not in the sense that he / she fights for an Islamic identity or self-esteem , but material gain ? Not for God's rewards in the Afterlife , but a condo and an account in Switzerland ? Malcolm Little was a thief and a pimp , Malcolm X was an Islamist , Malik Shabazz was a Muslim and may Allah grant him martyrdom . His wife has been prouder of Shabazz , but she had never doubted him anyway . Neither the outcome was much of a surprise . The Nation of Islam would have accommodated a Splinter Islamist , he couldn't stay one . Nor give up , considering his past as a thief and a pimp was past and his sin alone , but his past as an Islamist might have led thousands astray . The Muslim fears Allah , the Islamist may not , considering there are tons of Islamists who run the West .

which certainly explains how America allowed it to pass when the Turkish Parliament couldn't succeed in passing and not rejecting a resolution to allow an American ground invasion of Iraq from this country in 2003 . So , there was a panic in Ankara , and those people who tell you in your face that Americans were allowed indeed tell the truth . American aircraft operated from Incirlik even when they were bombing Turkomans of Tel Afer so that the Barzani bunch could have a direct territorial connection to the Kurds of Syria . Anita McNaught , who is somehow still in Turkey , was tearing her sides apart in laughter a few years back with reporting that America still has nukes in Incirlik . And mind you , American Special Forces were not exactly hindered , too ... It was the Turkish Military who skulked with fear of American retribution with a Cruise missile running out of fuel to crash in Turkey and your Islamists looked at the future with great hopes .

@R16

Let me read this first after having my dinner and I will compose the reply later.

it's not any help for this new Turkey when anybody starts something with "New Turkey (not Turkish) government" . Presumably it's meant to convey the notion that the A-K-P Goverment is a Muslim one , possibly in a non-Muslim country . ı certainly can't see A-K-P declaring they are not Turkish but Muslim ;

I don't think so. He is more pushing Turkey and created the image of Turkey not only for Turkish sunni Muslims, in many part of his speech he always underline regarding the Armenian (not Muslim), Kurdish, the Allevis and many other ethnic minority and religious minority groups. To state that Turkey it is a Turkish state itself is undermining other ethnic minority that lives within Turkey that not consider themselves as Turkish. I afraid the Turkishness of CHP draw many similarity with Zionist State and their Jewishness.

Aren't you agree Turkey is not a Turkish state? If it is a Turkish state how about the other ethnicity and race that is govern inside Turkey, doesn't they also belong to, part to this state also?

I remember in one seminar, when the speaker is talking about Ottoman empire, and he start to talk about the role of various race, religion and ethnicity inside the Ottoman, one of the participant always interrupted "where is the Turkish?" "where is the Turkish?" "where is the Turkish?" I thought many of Muslims not only Turkish forget about the concept of brotherhood in Islam at that time: Ummah. Which is beyond boundary of race, ethnicity and nation. So she seems to think that the Turkish Ottoman was being hijack by the speaker from the hand of the Turkish by stating most of the sheikhul Islam and vizier of the Ottoman empire were not Turkish, the second power after the Caliph (the one who can overthrown the Caliph himself) are not Turkish (the Janissary) and the Turkish caliph himself are mostly born not from the Turkish mother, but from Serbia, Romania, and other East European, even the Caliph also married with European Christian like Fatih Sultan Mehmet. I think now, the things that you do is exactly this, Turkey government govern variety type of race and ethnicity, their parliament also consist variety of that, given to that fact saying Turkey is a Turkish government itself is not quite fit with the reality.

With just a month of Gezi related stuff , we immediately learned Kemal's Bursa Speech , in which he calls on the then Youth to break some heads in case anybody tries to oppose the Revolutions of the time was not an authentic thing but invented in the 1960s

So do you think it is the Islamist the one who invent this speech? while mostly this speech is been distributed and endorse among the kemalist, just look at youtube, the uploader upload that speech with a strong background of nationalism music, and slide picture of Kemal, while the speech is a command to the Turkish youth on harming what he consider as Irticaci, or the extreme masses who want to bring Islam back to Turkey (irticaci). He called Turkish youth to go out and harm them without consulting the police or judge, and what sort of crime that they actually do? this extremist are demonstrating near the mosque (masjid) in Bursa, asking adzan to be again allowed in Turkey, and Kemal say "just bash their heads off Turkish youth! no need to wait for police and judge". And this video is spread and known not among the Muslims, but among the Secularist (Kemalist, chp-ist). And I think this is still the spirit of the CHP youth in Turkey, especially in Gezi park, how many Hijabi Turkish women been harass and harm by the "peaceful" demonstrator because they see her nothing but an Irticaci? Like what happen in the Izmir underground train.

And 1960 it is the time when Adnan Mandares get coup by the "moderate" junta who cannot stand the elected president that is voted by the majority masses if it not please the Kemalist masses or the Beyaz Turk (white Turkish) or the western wannabe. So hard to tell who invent this if it is something that is invented, but logically speaking whoever invent it, it is more benefitting to the Kemalist than to the Muslims, and use, spread, and appreciate mostly among the Ataturkcu.

This is proud Ataturkcu talking about the Turkish youth maul the demonstrator that they seen as Irticaci (anti government Islamist) because the demonstrator demand adzan to be allowed in Turkey. And here the ataturkcu try to debunk your assumption they argued and give their data that those speech are indeed belong to Ataturk, I will quote what they say regarding this:

1975 yılında; ilk kez yazılı metin olarak, Cafer Tanrıverdi tarafından halka dağıtılmasından sonra, Kayseri 2. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi tarafından yapılan kovuşturmada, dönemin Türk Tarih Kurumu Başkanı Enver Ziya Karal ve Öğretim Üyesi Sami N. Özerdimin katkılarıyla da, Atatürke ait olduğu kesinleşen nutkun, mahkemedeki orijinal metni aşağıdaki gibidir.

In 1975, after it was spread to public by Cafer Tanriverdi in the prosecution in Kayseri, it became definite that this is the speech of Ataturk with the help of the leader of Turkish History Foundation Enver Ziya Karal and lecturer Sami N. Ozerdimin.

Link to video.

They seem taking the benefit of this speech, as it appear for them as a "green light" from the leader of revolution, to go out to the street without the consent of judge and police, to strike upon the demonstrator that request for their right to practice their religions and freedom (wearing hijab, wearing the type of hat that they want, freedom to perform adzan in Arabic language instead of Turkish) as the irticaci (Islamist) that deserve to be hit in the head and to get maul by the masses.

There are many emotional and patriotic commentary below the video that is voices by the Ataturkcu that rejoice by the speech of "freedom of expression and religion", I will translate the first commentary:

Berke Ay said:
31 Mayıs veya 1 Haziran 2013 Bursa Nutku geçerliliğini hala koruyor ve halk direnişte yıkacağız bu diktayı.

31 may or 1 june 2013, the Bursa speech is still valid and the peoples are in resistance and we will destroy this dictatorship (Erdogan).

He say Erdogan regime as dictatorship, well yes the dictatorship for protecting peoples for their religious freedom, they (ataturkcu) see the freedom of Turkish women able to wear their hijab as somekind of national threat and while the government use their power to pull of that law they see that as dictatorship. As they oftenly protest regarding hijab "this is turkey not iran or middle east" such a shallow statement.

Also the reopening of Imam Hatip (religious school) for Junior Highschool, and giving it the same accreditation so those who graduate from Imam Hatip highschool (religious highschool) can have the same chance on entering good faculty and good university. They see that equality as empowering the Islamist, because the Islamist should remain backward and unfavourable in the republic of Turkey. Backthen in Turkey someone who graduated from Imam Hatip Lisesi (Imam Hatip Highschool) their score get cut by default, so they hardly enter favourable faculty like Engineering, medicine, faculty of law, and all other faculty beside Ilahiyat (Islamic studies).

As you know many paranoid ataturkcu see this simple equality as empowering the suppose to be low class Muslims citizen of Turkey, as this sort of empowerment are to be seen as "empowering the Irticaci (the Islamist)" that later can result the born of caliphate in Turkey, what a nonsense. R16, can you see how paranoid it goes? honestly, you also hear this kind of paranoid notion also didn't you? if not just check the commentary of the video, it full of it.

So in order to avoid that, the ataturk want the Muslims citizen of Turkey to be keep into the state of being suppress and serve as second class citizen. They want Hijab to be bann in university so the Islamist cannot enter the university in Turkey unless they strip off their hijab and become civilize like the ataturkcu or else remain stupid as the Islamist should be, there is another exception if they have enough money to go aboard to study in foreign country, they can go because the orthodox and western secularist have more freedom for them, then their secular brother in Turkey. They want to secularise the masses and corner the practising Muslims by doing all sort of this discrimination and patronizing dictator law. I must say in some case, the British Colonial have more sympathy toward the Muslims than ataturkcu.

So yes, this peoples seem quite happy on the idea of Ataturk give permission for them to bash the Islamist head in the street without waiting for judge or police. Whether it is invented or not, in all dimension that speech is dis-benefiting the Muslims and increasing the radicalism and the hooligan attitude of the ataturkcu. But you don't seem quite that extreme Ataturkcu for me R16, you are quite confusing me.

and ı feel we are swimming in circles here . Must be looking like the way to go with insisting that ı see Kurds as substandart . Possibly my fault at the use of English ; yet shall we say the whole world knows what's the deal ? That the entire orientation of this country since mid-1970s has been to abandon the "Kemalist Fallacy" of 'Peace at Home, Peace in the World' ? Operated with a vengeance since freakin' stupid Turkish Army lost its direction with the sound of the first bullet whizzing by and won in Cyprus ? Instead of getting beaten on the beaches and the Paratroop / Airborne bridgeheads ? But then insistence on things unsaid is the way of the New in Turkey . And insistence on things negative on the Old Republic ; that's why it's incredibly amazing that you are not aware of the Diyarbakır Prison . "Almost 99%" of any Kurds arrested after Sept. 12, 1980 were participants in the political feuding in the country , anybody actually against Turks in any way would be an oddity , the 1% in the discussion . They were then intentionally targeted as Kurds , seperatists while they were not . They were fed solid human waste , this thing called feces , so that none of them could bring himself to say that they were no different from the Turks . The New Turkey was so into declaring that there would be no 30 years fighting but for the abuses in Diyarbakır ... Waiting for it to be become a museum , if it didn't happen already .

the Kurds were supposed to be a tool , with a charade of fighting , so that they couldn't be dismissed as pampered wannabes while their "uprising" coincided with Özal's reign so that the fighting could be "moderated" by Civilian control of the State , so that Washington "could" stall the operations whenever the "last" 20 seperatists were just about to be cornered into a cave . Lest the righteous liberation of the oppressed Kurds would end right there , with a dozen grenades and a hundred bullets . So that the paralysis of operations would be a justification for further Islamization of the country since the stupid Turk couldn't fight against the Marxist-Leninist seperatist hence we needed the Sunni Kurd on our side but the Sunni Kurd wouldn't play with the heathen Turk . See where that ended .

I really love to know about this information, could you elaborate more? I mean I like your writing style but to able to understand you easily you must elaborate more on the subject and explain it to me more detail and comprehensive. I see one of your post in other forum, you talking to the CFC member about the white Turks, or beyaz Turk, without explaining what does it mean. I bet even someone read all the news regarding Turkey, but if they don't come and live here in Turkey, they will never understand that terms (the main conflict between the secular elite class with the second class Islamist). I sometime read your light weight discussion, and try hard to understand, but it is remind of reading "spiritual deconstruction" by French philosophers Derrida at the first time, I really can't understand anything that you say, because instead of explaining you seems like giving a clue to reader to something that they never found or hardly find what it is. I want you to keep your style, however, it will be great if I can learn your perception and knowledge by elaborating and putting detail in your writing. Your English is quite good you know, maybe even better than me.

so , what's an Islamist ? How about somebody that "uses" Islam for political aims ? Not in the sense that he / she fights for an Islamic identity or self-esteem , but material gain ? Not for God's rewards in the Afterlife , but a condo and an account in Switzerland ? Malcolm Little was a thief and a pimp , Malcolm X was an Islamist , Malik Shabazz was a Muslim and may Allah grant him martyrdom . His wife has been prouder of Shabazz , but she had never doubted him anyway . Neither the outcome was much of a surprise . The Nation of Islam would have accommodated a Splinter Islamist , he couldn't stay one . Nor give up , considering his past as a thief and a pimp was past and his sin alone , but his past as an Islamist might have led thousands astray . The Muslim fears Allah , the Islamist may not , considering there are tons of Islamists who run the West .

Amiin! Agree with the phase that you demonstrate regarding Malcom X :) It also come to no surprise why the Hollywood want to picture Malcom X as goodies while Malik Shabazz as Islamist. As Malcom X is using Islam as a political tools to form the identity of black supremacy in opposite to white peoples, Islam in the nation of Islam it is often use only as the act of denying the faith of white Christian, and try to build another identity that apart from what it force to them. I see no different between Black Supremacy and White Supremacy. And the good brother Malik Shabazz (rahimahumullah alayhi) were killed by the nation of Islam, I think he left a note that tell he actually given a death threat by the nation of Islam.

What is Islamist? mmm, I think that words is becoming a substitute for the religious extremism, but the terms of Islamist itself is quite wrong and misleading also not correct. Why there is no Budhisist? let's see can we say the Budhist that slaughter Muslims in Myanmar as Budhisist? Why there are no Christianisist? can we say the Christian who slaughter the Muslims in Central Africa Republic (CAR) as Christianisist? Why there are only Islamist? that tell us that words itself coming from Islamophobia and the new form of media orientalism. So really as a Muslims, and someone who see Islam as a positive words, I reject to use the terms Islamist for negative connotation, I use it only in the sarcastic or funny manner.

And agree with your explanation regarding the different between Muslims and the dogs of the rulers, many great scholar of Islam pass most of their time in prison to against ruler of their times, not to lick their boot and please their whim to gain more wealth and position, the true wealth and satisfaction it is in the here after, the lost of the concept aesthetic in this world and becoming not the master but the slave of this world is break the religion, and someone who have knowledge in religion but is enslave with the pleasurement of this world, it is the one who going to destroy the religion. As Ibn Taimiyah said, there are two man who going to destroy the religion, and it is not non Muslims, but it is the Muslims, the first is the jahil that pretend to be alim, or the one who posses no knowledge but pretend to be knowledgeable and pass verdict and fatawa without knowledge. Second, the fassiq alim, the one who posses knowledge but act not according to what he understand to be truth, the slave of the whim and desire.

That is one reason I don't like salafist saudi, but again the terms of salafist saudi itself becoming wider and tricky, as now everything can be consider salafist saudi. Let's not talk about this, I get too carry away.

which certainly explains how America allowed it to pass when the Turkish Parliament couldn't succeed in passing and not rejecting a resolution to allow an American ground invasion of Iraq from this country in 2003 . So , there was a panic in Ankara , and those people who tell you in your face that Americans were allowed indeed tell the truth . American aircraft operated from Incirlik even when they were bombing Turkomans of Tel Afer so that the Barzani bunch could have a direct territorial connection to the Kurds of Syria . Anita McNaught , who is somehow still in Turkey , was tearing her sides apart in laughter a few years back with reporting that America still has nukes in Incirlik . And mind you , American Special Forces were not exactly hindered , too ... It was the Turkish Military who skulked with fear of American retribution with a Cruise missile running out of fuel to crash in Turkey and your Islamists looked at the future with great hopes .

What so fascinating about this Anita McNaught why you treat her as she can take over all Turkey? and again could you be generous and elaborate more for me?

Why did Russia expand so incredibly widely? And in all directions?

It was partly a religious accident. In early modern times the ideal developed in Russian Christianity of hermits heading out into the vast forests to live alone and find God, just as the early desert fathers had done in Egypt and Syria. Inevitably, wise old holy men in the forests attracted disciples, who themselves attracted more disciples, and what had once been a hermitage became a small monastery. Fast forward a few years and it's a large monastery, attracting to itself secular agriculture and industry. Go forward a few years more and a new generation of monks decide they've had enough of all this bustle and head out into the forest to live as hermits. And so the cycle continues.

This went on for centuries, and it drove a lot of Russian expansion north and east.

Surely the fact that a lot of it was empty helped a great deal, too?

It wasn't really empty. There were people living there of course, but nothing approaching centralized states. The first Russian advances into Siberia were basically trade/tribute extraction missions, to extract furs to be shipped back to Europe.

Sadly, many of the people living in the more remote portions of Siberia suffered a similar fate to the indigenous peoples of North America; their remoteness meant they hadn't been exposed to common European diseases, and they died en masse when Europeans showed up.

Sadly, many of the people living in the more remote portions of Siberia suffered a similar fate to the indigenous peoples of North America; their remoteness meant they hadn't been exposed to common European diseases, and they died en masse when Europeans showed up.
also, y'know, firewater

It wasn't really empty. There were people living there of course, but nothing approaching centralized states. The first Russian advances into Siberia were basically trade/tribute extraction missions, to extract furs to be shipped back to Europe.

There was the Khanate of Sibir', but it didn't hold out too long despite killing Yermak.

in this quest to prove that the new Turkey remains wedded to the ambitious plans to redraw borders of some 20 plus countries and secure the Middle East for the interests of the West , which still require local operatives to keep the things under control which of course will turn out to be glorious regimes on the Gulf and not this mixed blood people who live to edges of the area in question , yet another thing . With reminding that Islam is to transcend differences and treat people all the same . Why , no opposition here being Muslim myself . But then what's the practice ? Mind you , the time when this Saudi guy in the Foreign Ministry heard of the CFC and came here to put things right , he didn't see much to worry about . He was all about the hypocracy of the West that demanded respect to people's demands and yet didn't respect the people's demand to demolish tombs and other signs of an Islam that didn't conform to a certain viewpoint . Bombing hundred year old mud structures of idolatrous aims and destroying libraries full of certainly Islamic looking but surely pagan related writings was like fully democratic . Then the French invaded Mali . No more justification needed on a gaming platform , as the Islamists thrive when the discussion remains in the areas where they can play the victim . Since when on top , they can't .

and no liking the Saudi , but much liking the New Turkey ? OK , the observers all know the New Turkey is allied with Qatar to boost the Muslim Brotherhood against the interests of Riyadh -which at the moment is playing on the American side ...

ah the Americans they so like their very unique melting pot aspect . So much that they push the Islamists to destroy all the vestiges of other melting pots that might have existed . Turks didn't invent the idea respecting minorities so that they too can grow attachments to the State so that the State can resist the centrifugal forces to mutual benefit in growth and security . It comes with the notion of Empire and lots of people did it before Turks came to Anatolia . It was the Turks that founded the Ottoman Empire , it was the Turks that kept the Ottoman Empire strong by being the center that would remain loyal to a "Turkish" State even when in constant rebellion over taxes . It was Turks , the center , that kept the balance in view of the conflict that has always been present in the relationships between all kinds of people . It was the Turks , slow in mind , lumbering in response , barbarian in attitude that kept one minority from wiping out the next . And it wasn't the Turks that broke the Ottoman Empire to follow a nationalist programme to establish a Nation State that gave away the Oil to Europeans and Balkan wheatfields to Europeans and buried millions in the process , in case there was time or Turks left to bury the dead . The Turkish Goverment is Turkish Goverment .

no amount of posturing will change that . Even with Islamists changing the presentation of history as fit . The argument here is that the State in 1920s , rightly or wrongly , decided to enforce to ideas it had in mind -with so evident political meddling in plain sight . We always hear historical events must be evaluated within their context ; say Kanuni having his sons and grandsons executed because there was evidence they were involved in plots against him is not something one can examine in a 21st Century set-up . So why can't we examine the Bursa Speech in its context where half the commanders of the Turkish Nationalist Army of the 1920-22 are plotting to have Kemal killed and the other half is against that only because they don't have enough connections within the population and yet know they will all be liquidated when the Anti-Kemal side wins ? We can't , Islamists always need to prove that they are always the victims . The Bursa Speech is how they prove the Old Republic was not democratic . The highly idealistic New Turkey , though , is not shy of eating its words ... ı don't care if the words were said , that era passed and a better treatment arrived . It would be real nice of Islamists to show how they recount the current crisis between the Congregation and the Party ; where one side turns out to be dictorial enemies of Democracy so expensively achieved in Turkey and the other side are Zionists . If , you put faith in the sides' narratives ...

so , do we now the 70 naked men in custody ? Considering they are the pinnacle of the "Hijabi in danger" story ? Or is that some other narrative that the Islamists can no longer agree on ? Almost immediately followed by the glorious Imam Hatip , where this Congreagation-Party fight got extra hot . Considering the Congregation had better trained Islamists useful in taking over the State by infiltration since the 1970s and Imam Hatips are only supposed to be Imams considering their schools are supposed to be vocational only and not some refuge where the Muslims can raise the children in Islam , instead of the drugs , lust , thievery and all sorts depredations the rest of the Turkish education system is supposed to have . And the fight is on because former allies are now in fight over every single position in Goverment and State . Democracy - you know- is supposed to mean that somebody is supposed to be able to find a job even when he is not an Imam Hatip graduate or someone from the Congregation boarding houses .

and what a surprise , that the White Turk stuff is not known . Considering the Islamists long defended their work as the exact equal of the Blacks' 1960 struggles in America ; it's the Islamists who called themselves the Blacks of Turkey and anybody who might stood in their way as the Whites , racist and useless in any way imagineable .

aaandd , Malik Shabazz is the Muslim and Malcolm X is the Islamist . Apart from that nobody in his right mind says anything against Denzel , the movie does a good job as far as the timing can allow to show the transformation the guy went through . Shabazz died , for he felt he had to correct the mistakes he had done as Islamist . He was in a position to know afterall . To know how an Islamist differs from a Muslim . To paint this over with charges of Orientalism will make no differences , especially when one is involved in this ridicoulously arcane Occidentalism ...

and McNaught ? Oh , it must be only because the French suppose there are tapes of Jackie Rowland personally correcting the grammer and words in anti-Kaddafi placards carried in demonstrations which Al Crusading then filmed as genuine . Rowland was so nicely in Paris , but then duuuty calls to Kiev ; what happens next ? Pro-Russian demonstrations perhaps ?

Surely the fact that a lot of it was empty helped a great deal, too?

Nearly all of it was conquered through war, for much of the same reasons Western Europeans fought colonial wars: protection of settlers from raiders and bandits, to spread the faith, and to secure trade opportunities. As noted above, most of those peoples to the North and East (and Southeast, somewhat, like Turkestan) were quite undeveloped, so it wasn't always a "challenge," so to speak, but it did happen.

Nearly all of it was conquered through war, for much of the same reasons Western Europeans fought colonial wars: protection of settlers from raiders and bandits, to spread the faith, and to secure trade opportunities. As noted above, most of those peoples to the North and East (and Southeast, somewhat, like Turkestan) were quite undeveloped, so it wasn't always a "challenge," so to speak, but it did happen.

Yeah, but India or Sudan aren't exactly Anglo-Saxon today.

Is there a scholarly consensus regarding Abraham Lincoln's actual views on race?

Because I'd like to know what it is?

Same goes for me too.

Also, may I ask--r16 and haroon, you have such strong opinions about Turkey and its nationalism, religions, and different ethnic groups..why is this? I promise no offense is intended, if it seems offensive to ask this...I'm sure there's a completely valid reason, just curious what that reason is.

I just saw 300: Rise of an Empire. Aside from being a terrible movie, could they conceivably be sued for saying "The events depicted in this movie are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental" in the credits? Perhaps by Greece? After all, the setting of the film was certainly based on real life places.

I just saw 300: Rise of an Empire. Aside from being a terrible movie, could they conceivably be sued for saying "The events depicted in this movie are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental" in the credits? Perhaps by Greece? After all, the setting of the film was certainly based on real life places.

Sue who? For what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom