The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XLIII

You could try fencing. Though it can also lead to gruesome injuries :eek:
Tried that, not my cup of tea either.
Are the full-face covering helmets able to stop all hits by the sword? (even if one is actively trying to injure you there)
Did that too lol. The guys who organized the sword fighting were part of the fencing club, and used their gear too. No idea if it'd stop a full hit, but worked well enough.

Are the full-face covering helmets able to stop all hits by the sword? (even if one is actively trying to injure you there)
They should be able to. My mask is a bit on the light side but it is rated to take full force strikes on the side. Now, there is a good chance if I take a full force hit dead on the side the mask will deform and need to be replaced - and I'll need a bit of a sitdown - but I'll be fine.

Other forms of combat, such as when you are fighting with 2 handed longswords, may require beefier masks as they can get a lot more force going.
(After all, swords are just a lever.)

They should be able to. My mask is a bit on the light side but it is rated to take full force strikes on the side. Now, there is a good chance if I take a full force hit dead on the side the mask will deform and need to be replaced - and I'll need a bit of a sitdown - but I'll be fine.

Other forms of combat, such as when you are fighting with 2 handed longswords, may require beefier masks as they can get a lot more force going.
(After all, swords are just a lever.)
OMG, so many questions!
Do you start at the bottom of the stairs and have to fight your way up to the top?
Before starting, do you check to see if your opponent has six fingers on one or both hands?
If you are losing, can you grab a princess from the audience and use her as a shield?
Have you ever made the sign of the Z with your rapier? Without?

Are you?

Someone sent me some CAD drawings that I can't open. Has anyone ever used any freeware for viewing .dwg files? I don't need to edit them, I just want to look at them. Adobe says Acrobat Pro can convert them to pdfs, but I don't have Acrobat Pro. (I tried uploading them to the website of my local print shop, but they can't take .dwg files. I don't think I need a hard copy, anyway. I just wanted to see if I could do that.)

Google says there's a freeware viewer program called Autodesk.

I was thinking about drug therapy and it got me thinking about anhedonic (sp?) drugs. Basically something that was like the opposite of ectasy, causing a temporary decrease in dopamine, serotonin, endorphins, etc.

I vaguely remember an article by a guy who experimented with these but long since lost track of it.

I wonder if careful use of such a drug (ideally fast acting so the experience would be over within two hours) would cause a positive rebound effect, kind of that feeling when you're getting over being sick.

Obviously they would likely never be very popular but I would try if they were legal, safe and inexpensive. Would try to meditate thru the pain and see what types of thoughts my mind would generate in that state.

Go for a walk.

I do

Screenshot_20240327-125817.png

Leave it at that.

udou

I will :goodjob:

Walking is cool and all but it's a bit of a bare minimum

I didn't incarnate into human form just to go round the block a few times and dick about online

Something buried underground, that melts the snow at slightly different rates, by absorbing heat energy differently from the earth?

I will :goodjob:

Walking is cool and all but it's a bit of a bare minimum

I didn't incarnate into human form just to go round the block a few times and dick about online
And yet here you are. :)

If you over-dose on anhedonics, I suppose you could try ECT. Or better still, quickly declare yourself a sovereign citizen and confront some cops in a courthouse.
I've seen a funny youtube video where a court official applied a form of ECT for free (thanks Obama!) to a sovereign citizen.

It'd be multiple somethings done, or some sort of a pipelike structure?
I wonder if it was done on purpose, by the previous homeowner, to achieve exactly this mysterious effect in the right snow-level/temperature conditions. The article did specify that the snow was just a dusting.

Anyway, one thing I'd do to investigate is dig. Just 2 or 3 inches down, I would think.

Otherwise :dunno:

Top Bottom