Dawn of the Punic Sea [DoC]

Maria was ushered into the executive office of the Presidential Palace of Kition and promptly curtsied to the Father of the Punic Family as she saw him standing by his desk.
She was an intelligent and beautiful young woman who had ascended to the head of state for Punic Portugal, with Joao having found the Firaxis not too long ago.
There was something about her that warmed his heart. As if she were the daughter he and Cleopatra had always wanted to have.
In her smile, he saw his late wife's energy, but from her eyes, he saw a vision not unlike his own.
Yes. Maria was to be a spiritual successor to himself, as he felt like his destiny was coming to a close.
It would be best to prepare for the occasion then. So that even if he failed, Caesar would rue the day they crossed one another.
They got their formalities out of the way as Hannibal dropped down a map of the world for her to see.
As his pointer landed squarely on Russia, the lessons would begin.

All was progressing well on the German Front as Spanish auxillaries supported by Phoenician armor columns seized Krakow, which had up until then been wedged uncomfortably near the Phoenician hinterlands.

Japanese defenders in Nagasaki were thrown off guard when Phoenician marines stormed over the port and annihilated the coastal garrisons.
Phoenician infantry divisions swiftly seized the city in the aftermath, securing Kyushu as a gateway for manpower and materiel to arrive from China.
In Kyoto, it was said that three members of the Imperial Diet suffered strokes upon hearing the dire news about the fall of Nagasaki.
This marked the first time in history where any foreign power set their feet upon Japanese soil.

My stability ratings.

Mexico was also losing badly as well. The Phoenicians were able to seize the nation's capital,
and showed no signs of slowing down in their march on Huaxacayac, one of the main supply routes between Germany, the Third Rome and Japan.

My stability ratings.

Ahh, the wonders of a good economy. I can't count how many times I expanded enough to make me think I was going to collapse, only for my 5-star economy to save my skin (and keep me from raging for an hour).

EDIT: 200th Post! :woohoo:

How easy do you think it is to keep a crazy good economy up in the new SVN? I am doing crazy stuff as India, but my stability is crippling me.

How easy do you think it is to keep a crazy good economy up in the new SVN? I am doing crazy stuff as India, but my stability is crippling me.

Economy is no longer the end-all for stability, and I find my Economy fluctuating wildly, whereas in 1.9 and 1.8, I found myself able to monitor my own calculated playing to make sure my Economy could rise in increments of +3 every three turns.
Sometime during the SVN after the stability overhaul, that role became the Military rating.
As long as you kept maintaining a very good K:D ratio and kept warring, in order to continue farming kills, you could stay very stable and your Military would balance out your Expansion.
This is also why the combat paradigm really shifted to Siege and GG-promoted units, imo.
You really couldn't afford to take a loss most of the time, so your first attack needs to hit as hard as possible.
Whereas before, I'd just rush a whole city at max defense or 20-30% with Cavs, and maybe lose one or two, but it was no big deal, and the speed of a war was for more important.
After Leoreth nerfed the Military rating, it has been much harder to do that and I haven't been able to find a way to win a Domination victory since.
Perhaps you can ask youtien to discover a new way; I was always only a second-tier Dominator compared to the greats.

Under the directive of Hannibal, the three branches of the Punic Armed Forces;
the European contingent, the Far Eastern contingent and the New World forces were filled with renewed vigor to end the anti-Punic Alliance with a vengeance.
The Punic Army in the New World continued to advance at a ferocious pace.
In the summer of 1820, Punic soldiers entered the Aztlan capital of Tenochitlan,
forcing the immortal Montezuma to flee and set up a provisional capital down south in the canal city of Huaxacayac along with stranded Japanese and Third Roman merchant marines.

In Japan, a probing assault was carried out against the capital of Kyouto.
Although Hannibal had meant for it to initially be a brief scouting action against
the Japanese, the field commanders on the ground achieved remarkable success,
annihilating two full companies of Japanese gunpowder troops in a lightning raid.
The scouting force was not strong enough to take advantage of this and retreated,
but the severity of the defeats inflicted on the Japanese Home Guard shook Japanese morale greatly.

In the Third Rome, Hannibal was cautious as to not strike too deeply with the onset of winter.
Craftily, he focused on stirring up internal dissent between Third Roman factions instead, and had his own troops wait until summer to resume their advance.
Proving Hannibal had the chops for management along with strategy, Punic soldiers
blitzed Russian positions across a wide front at the advent of summer and seized
four important industrial centers to the Russian war effort in tandem.

Although the state was in the midst of total war, civic functions were married together with military needs in a marriage of practicality.
The Empire State Building of Roma was built to house the nation's growing intelligence sector and was responsible for an incredible amount of investment and capital flowing into the city during wartime.

yay update!

Yes! Another update!

Reminds me, I need to update. I think I'm starting to become as lazy as METY, only less popular...

Ural'sk. The word rang across every Third Roman village in the hills,
in the swamps, across the steppes and by the forests.
It was a decisive defeat. Punic soldiers emerged from the very depths
of the cold, unforgiving rivers, but they spat fire from their barrels,
charging behind beasts of steel who served as their shields
and loosed upon them the mightiest roars. They surrendered at Ural'sk.
But the war fervor had died and the populace was weary.
We are not Romans. It is but the dreams of the vainglorious we drink,
and their burdens we are bewitched to carry. Let it be no longer.
And the words traversed the air, carried by the attentive currents.

The Third Rome was no more.

Celebrations were held all across the Punic Sea, from the Iberian Peninsula, the halls of Stockholm, to the far shores of China, and everywhere in between.
The Third Rome had collapsed into a spat of warlord states and fell into disunity.
In all theaters, Phoenicia had made several spectacular gains as well.
The Spanish had severed the head of the Dutch dragon, and the armies in the Far East were pressing hard on Kyouto.
Yet, Hannibal could not rest. Caesar had once again, eluded him.
Losing all his armies would be a smaller defeat than this.

Aztlan, at last, falls.
The news of Montezuma's capture was on the tip of everyone's tongue.
With the immortal in chains, the second great leader of the Anti-Punic Alliance was a threat no more.
Phoenician colonials demanded his head, but Hannibal insisted on keeping him alive, at least for the time being, much to the surprise of the general populace.

A breakthrough at Kyouto lifted the spirits of the Punic Family of nations.
After years of protracted siege, Punic soldiers finally seized the city and captured the immortal tyrant Tokugawa as his retainers fled to their holdouts to the north.
As with Montezuma, the immortal was not executed, but guarded fiercely
by an elite security detail. Rumor had it that they were being transported somewhere,
for a military trial presumably, presided over by Hannibal himself.

AHHHHHH, Zombie AAR!!!

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's back!

OH MY GOD AN UPDATE!
Long life to TXT_KEY_CIV_CARTHAGE_DESC_COMMUNIST

ooo kill em

Top Bottom