NotW LIV - The Masque of Death

Unvote; Vote: Newyn

Sneak feels wrong to me. But that didn't prevent a town lynch before.

There just isn't a good enough explanation to not lynch Newyn.

Bolding mine. Yea, this is what I keep coming back to. I even tried to find a reasonable other explanation and the facts present right now don't support it.

Current Tally

Newyn
: Winston Hughes, Autolycus, Snerk, Legato Endless
Snerk: Newyn, Backwards Logic, Visorslash

One hour to go.

You know what? I'm sticking to my guns. If I'm wrong, so be it.

Newyn.

Day Five

Newyn
: Winston Hughes, Autolycus, Snerk, Legato Endless, Backwards Logic (6)
Snerk: Newyn, Visorslash (2)

The fifth day revealed only two suspects - Newyn and Snerk and the guests could not make up their minds who was the most guilty. In the end, with just minutes to spare before nightfall, Newyn was chosen.

"You fools!" he called out as the guards approached him menacingly. "The Empire will be lost because of you!" The guards cut him down there and then.

Newyn has died!

Night Five ends: [TIMER=5/23/2015 11:00 PM GMT+1; Night Five over][/TIMER]

It's been revoked.

Night Five

The night was once again quiet, but this time the sounds of a struggle were heard in the guest quarters and the Dark Cultist was seen fleeing the scene!

Newyn was buried overnight. He was the Diplomat.

Spoiler loyalty :
His dark blood had long corrupted him into the Awnshegh!

The Priestess's Coral Mask and the Spy's Shadow Mask were found on his corpse! In addition, the Awnshegh's Ancient Mask is also available to vote upon. Mask votes will be tallied at midday (10 pm BST on Sunday).

Midday Six: [TIMER=5/24/2015 10:00 PM GMT+1; Midday has arrived][/TIMER]

Day Six ends: [TIMER=5/25/2015 10:00 PM GMT+1; Night Five over][/TIMER]

HA!

Well, I was attacked last night. Go figures.

Snerk.

It's him or Visorslash, since we know Newyn's 'scans' mean nothing now.

Coral Mask and Shadow Mask to me.

In order of suspicion:

1. Visorslash on the Snerk counterwagon to the end. I remember someone said that we'd proved he wasn't the Awnshegh, but the Awnshegh is now out of play.

2. Legato Ended up voting Newyn, but may have realized that with BL's double vote, his vote wouldn't make a difference if BL switched.

3. Winston. Voted Newyn, not definitely cleared.

4. Snerk: My scan that led me to believe he was innocent is a yes-no 3rd estate scan (he is). I think the Dark Cultist would be first estate.

5. Backwards Logic: Blocked Newyn, claimed to be attacked last night, and (I presume), was the one who blocked me last night.

6. Me: I have access to my role PM :)

I'd like the Ancient Mask

Backwards Logic can have the Shadow Mask

Snerk can have the Coral Mask

More info:

Yea, I blocked you Auto. It was a toss-up between you and Snerk.

RE: your scan: I wouldn't assume anything regarding your first/second/third estate scans on Snerk. I'd expect the traitors to be any and all of them. That said, I'm assuming I was attacked by magic, as there's a good chance I don't survive if attacked via combat.

Visor claims he's high combat, so if he did attack me I would have expected that to have been used. Could be a ruse. Assuming Snerk's scan results are accurate (no one's contradicted them), he's also second estate which doesn't sound like the magic people.

Winston also scanned as first estate, so there's a chance he is the attacker. I'm not feeling it though: outside of the extension swap to spaceman off of Newyn, he's been good in the vote department.

Going back to Snerk: his role screams scum to me. His estate scan, the limited roleblocks. This is not a townie role as the scum need both imo for balance. Plus his actions haven't exactly been great. Voting Newyn yesterday doesn't clear him at all, as he knows Newyn was blocked from the kill and is almost forced to bus, especially since he was the alternative.

Lastly regarding the Ancient Mask. No one vote for it. Period. We don't know if it converts or not and I quite frankly don't want to find out.

Snerk has given me a slightly odd vibe all game. So this feels right based off gut instinct, but it's really not very likely on base probability.
Why do people keep calling me odd in this game!?
On an odd note, I'm a bit lost why Choxorn was killed.

His activity was low, but I don't recall anyone speaking confessedly of reading him town either.
Well I had just gone public with him not being Awnsheghs as I blocked him the previous night. Guessing that played a role. That is why I was a lot more careful the next day when I had blocked Visor. But apparently BL had blocked him too. But with Awnsheghs dead, those blocks are less important.

4. Snerk: My scan that led me to believe he was innocent is a yes-no 3rd estate scan (he is). I think the Dark Cultist would be first estate.
I am indeed 3rd estate, and I'm also pretty sure a dark cultist would be 1st. I've scanned BL and Winston as both 1st estate. If no one else claims to have been attacked, BL seems like an unlikely candidate.
Going back to Snerk: his role screams scum to me. His estate scan, the limited roleblocks. This is not a townie role as the scum need both imo for balance.
On the contrary, I think my estate scan might finally be of some use. This game is fairly thematically heavy. It would make sense that estates would match the rest of the role.

Snerk, at this point I would just post all of your results.

Lastly regarding the Ancient Mask. No one vote for it. Period. We don't know if it converts or not and I quite frankly don't want to find out.
What? Pretty sure that will just end in an all tie for the mask and the winner will be selected by random.

Also the Sable mask seemed harmless enough.

Unvote: Ancient Mask

BL, It's not that I think there wouldn't be third estate scum, it's the combination of the fact that a) we already had a third estate scum
b) There were only four of us third estate to begin with
and c) that a dark cultist doesn't sound like third estate to me.

Having a character in each estate is a bit... revealing.

I'm willing to just vote for who I suspect today.

Think we probably win.

Top Bottom