HNDY 14 AWD Small Pangaea

handy900

Deity
It's actually AWD continents. Thirteen proved to be an unlucky number for HNDY13. So here we go again.

It's AWD :wow: Continents on a small map. Standard AW, so we can trade before we declare, pillage, capture wonders, yada yada yada.

Each player can post an opening 30 or 40 turns and we will decide which start looks best.

C3C 1.22 Patch
Level: Deity
Variant: Always War :hammer:
Map Type: Continents
Size: Small

Civilization: Player Option
Temperature: Player Option
Climate: Player Option
Barbarians: Player Option
Rivals: Player Option
AI Aggression: Player Option

Victory Condition:All enabled
Culturally linked starts: Off
Respawn: Off
Preserve Random Seed: On
Cultural Conversion: On

Roster
1. Handy
2. ThERat
3. DeadlyNeprhons!
4. Greebley
5. Admiral Kutzov
6. Bede
7. Barbslinger

Always War Boilerplate as we play it.
You may only trade when you first meet a civilization, and must declare war on the same turn after trading is complete. If you see a new AI unit, you must make contact & declare war that turn. Absolutely no GPT trades allowed. If you see a new face on F4, you are obligated to declare war that turn (after trading). Players must declare war if they are exploring and see AI units, but are not required to actually attack the units they come in contact with. No peace treaties, ever. You may check F4 as often as you like to spy on the AI's tech, resources, luxuries & city count.

Discuss any move that seems exploitive before doing it with the team. Although there are not too many exploits available in AW, we’ll follow the forbidden blatant exploits banned by GOTM and RBCiv such as no "Free Wealth". Other normal game exploits such as "Baiting the AI" with an empty city to create a kill zone are an AW tradition and are allowed. Also, you ARE allowed to initially keep a city, move a settler to the same spot as the city, and then abandon and immediately resettle. This is considered an exploit in RBCiv rules, but is okay in our AW games. In addition if you need to build a city one square deeper into enemy territory just to move borders to steal a resource, go for it. We may keep or raze cities, and can keep slaves. You may whip at will, including captured cities or cities where all citizens are unhappy.

SG Stuff
You have 24 hours for an "I got it" and 72 to play. If you need a one day extension, then mention this before the 72 hours are up. Players can work out skips between themselves, just post a message to the thread. If you can't play within 72 total, switch places or ask for a skip. We will play 10 turns at first, and possibly fewer later (5) if the turns begin to take too long.

Lucky candle to light the way.

Lighting the lucky candle.

Greebley said:
Checking in. When do you want us to have the games posted by Handy?

How about post a start if you care to by midnight CST Wednesday. That's a long time, but I need to do my taxes :( in here somewhere. And then there's that basketball tournament.

If someone posts a super duper start we can all decide if we want to start earlier.

Does this sound okay?

Bede Love the avatar. :) The viper just wasn't the same.

currently trying to achieve something here on AWD, my worst is defeat after 9 minutes... :lol:

save

Pre-Turn
go for Romans due to nice UU for a AWD, climate is all random, barbs sedentary. But this is pangaea (sorry didn't notice it's supposed to be continents). anyway, had a frustrating time with so many losses

get a pretty weird start but due to both fishes, research is steamrolling and we get BW and IW pretty fast, even managed to get
masonry just on the last IT
we also got CB and the wheel due to trades
we already have a MGL in our capital
last turn, Maya comes into view and we declare

the situation after 45 turns
defeated initial SOD of the 3 Civ's we met. defeated a lot of units, now building road to iron
land is packed with 3 Civ's we met
Hittites, India and Inca abnd we got Maya here as well

we have IW and Veii is settled directly on iron,
we just got masonry and can now build walls

That looks like a pretty good start Therat. I see we have horses in range of Veii too so that means knights eventually. The only problem is having three enemies on one island but the terrain seems to be in our favor.

Its an interesting start, but one that I think would be very hard to win. Where does one build cities? Its in the center of the map as well.

If we were playing emporer (maybe Demigod), it would be interesting. Deity I don't think we could get anywhere. 3 Enemies is harsh. It makes it harder to use our Iron to go after a civ for example.

Igor's been working the generator.

small, continents, 70% water, sed. barbs, random climate, Joan, random AI, respawn off, SGL off. Least aggressive AI.

sorry for the double. forgot to mention there are mines on both BG and one tobacco. The land to the north is a peninsula.

forgot to mention, that Hittite city nearby was popped via a hut, so it might not be that close to the capital. If we were to go for mine, we have to acquire land via a legion rush and push forward. it would be tough initially , but if we succeed , we could harvest a legion army, which would be very powerful

Hmm...They appear to be advancing in some sort of formation. Perhaps they have gotten better.

Attachments

• Hmm, thwarted.jpg
    Hmm, thwarted.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 299
Preturn: Choose a Dry, Young world 60% Land. Sumeria.
Build Enkidu, Enkidu, Barracks, Enkidu, Granary.

Met both the Dutch and India. We have a strong Capitol. It can build a Enkidu and settler every 4 turns.

I played until 50 AD to see if we would survive the initial onslaught.

The Good. Very strong for 1750 AD.
The Bad. GA almost over. No Iron seen (not everything explored though)

Holland has 5 cities, India has 6 we have 4 with one settling soon.

4000BC
Move settler to river and worker to cow.
Two cows, 2 luxuries, and an extreme corner of the mini map.
Select BW

Babylonian spear appears from the SE. Declare.

We have 5 regular warriors versus 3 reg, warriors and 2 reg. spears.

Babylon is next to Moo. The worker hauls butt to get out of the way.
BW in 7 turns.

IBT
Good news: We kill 2 warriors and 1 spear on defense.
Bad news: Babylonian Bowman is on the horizon.

3050IBT
We kill the other warrior and spear on defense.
The Babylonian bowman retreats. Another war?
Romans enter from the east.
We are only 2 turns from BW. Go ahead and give Rome Pottery for BW and WC + 10 gold.
Declare on Rome.

We can pull 10spt for a couple of quick veteran 2 turn spears before Rome’s first wave shows up.

Send settler to the wines on the hill.
Rome sends 3 warriors and 2 archers.

Found Wine Hill and our economy really picks up.
Rome stack grows to 4 archers and 4 warriors. They are in 2 four packs.

Rome is positioned to attack with 4 warriors & 2 archers next turn.
Once Rome committed to Moo I moved both spears there and sent regular warriors to the hill. This may buy us time to build another spear if they redirect to the Wines.
We have a spear and
I’ll play one more to see how we fare.

IBT
Rome insists on attacking across the river. :rolleyes:
We don’t lose any and win 5.

We can build 1 more 2-turn spear and then build a settler to go claim the incense.

Moo has barracks 1 elite spear, 1 veteran spear, 1 veteran warrior and 1 regular warrior.
Wine Hill has a healing veteran spear and 2 regular warriors.
I’m surprised we met both so early given where we are on the mini map.

Attachments

• hndy14_seed.JPG
    hndy14_seed.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 119
I prefer handys start to the others. We can easily fit a city above the capital to get the third cow and maybe share cows. It looks like the best start where we can make a low corruption ring. Rome will be difficult to conquer but we will have mounties. Assuming we can get horses.....

handy's start looks good and promising but only if we have horses. that's why I played my turns until it was clear we have.

greebley's start looks like we are stretched. 4 cities are great but the cities are not 3 tile spacing. any reason?

Top Bottom