El Justo's Cookbook Thread

yep, CDZ forum meeting at my parent's place ;)

wanna come? :D flights across the Atlantic are cheap atm.... :p

carlosMM said:
yep, CDZ forum meeting at my parent's place ;)

wanna come? :D flights across the Atlantic are cheap atm.... :p
wow...i see.

it'd be tough for me to get way at the moment. thanks though.

i'd be happy to provide recipes for you guys and be there in culinary spirit though :lol:

I notice that I promised some Ice Cream Float recipes. Well the sun is shining, so I might as well roll one out:

CINNA-COKE FLOAT

This float combines the complementary flavours of cinnamon, coca cola, cookies and chocolate. Yummy!

Ingredients & Equipment:

1 x Tall Shapely Glass (choose from amongst your favourite shapes)
1 x Tall Spoon (should be taller than the glass)
2 x Straws (wide and tall ones - the drink gets thick!)
1 x Bottle of Coca Cola (chilled)
1 x Measure of Chocolate Syrup
1 x Handful of Mini Marshmallows (you only need a few) *good for any other floats
1 x Handful of Dark Chocolate drops (must be dark) *ditto
1 x Ice Cube
1 x Tub of Ben & Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk. It must be this flavour >>

The Method:

~ Be Warned!!! If you don't follow these steps you will end up with a float that does not fizz properly or have the right amount of 'float froth'.

Step 1
~ Put the ice cube into the glass and pour the chilled coke in over it (always pour drinks over ice when serving them). But only half fill the glass. This is the most important point in the whole process.

Step 2
~ Gently ease two large, loose scoops of the specific flavour ice cream onto the coke. If they are nice and loose, it will begin to fizz away gently. It should not start frothing just yet.

Step 3
~ Sprinkle half the marshmallows and choc drops onto the exposed ice cream. Put a little drizzle of choc syrup onto that. This is done to 'embed' those goodies within the drink. This too is important, to prevent a loose and 'bitty' drink.

Step 4
~ Now gently pour over the rest of the coke to nearly fill the glass. Now you will see why you did the steps in this order. It will froath to just the right amount and give you perfect shape and presentation. :cooool:

Step 5
~ Garnish with a last scoop of ice cream, sprinkle of marshies and drops, and top it all with a drizzle of choc sauce. Serve with a tall spoon and straws in the glass.

Enjoy! :cool:

Pollo Saboroso de El Justo

translation: El Justo's Flavorful Chicken

another fine summer time recipe by El Justo!

i made this last evening for the wife and i. it is full of flavor and the main reason behind it it the bbq sauce that's used. it's not your traditional hickory-style sauce. specifically, it's called 'Stubbs' Moppin' Sauce'.

ingredients/appliances:
boneless chicken breasts
Stubbs' Moppin' Sauce
large mixing bowl
a bbq grill (gas or charcoal will suffice)
a basting brush

basting brush

instructions:
- filet and trim the chix breasts down the center so as to create two thin breasts out of the one large one. this is done for a few reasons: 1) it doubles the portions, 2) it enables the chix to cook very fast on the grill, 3) allows for the marinade to penetrate the entire breast of chix.

- pour the 'Stubbs' Moppin' Sauce' into the mixing bowl and place the trimmed chix inside w/ the sauce. i personally use the entire bottle for 4 large, uncut/untrimmed breast (8 in sum after they're fileted). let them soak for at least 30 mins (the longer the better [ie more flavor])

RIGHT BEFORE REMOVING THE CHIX FROM ITS MARINADE
- pre-heat your grill and let the coals get hot
- clean your grill off so that the old and burnt stuff on it is removed (always, always clean your grill well)

- place chix on grill and don't go too far b/c these birds cooks very, very quickly. look at the edges of the chix and check for it browning. baste any extra sauce from the bottle or the mixing bowl as you flip the chix.

- on avg, each side of chix, on a med to high grill temp, will take about 3 mins to cook

- remove from grill and serve w/ your favorite summer time side dishes.

El Justo's recommendation: pasta salad, corn on the cob, any green vegatable

FYI: the 'Moppin' Sauce' is not spicy in the least bit. instead, it's mor eon the tangy side so fear not if you're phobic of spicy foods.

Enjoy! i know i did! :drool:

El J - Sorry Big Guy, no 'Stubbs'. I tend to use Thai Curry Pastes for BBQing Chicken, with lots of lime juice and coconut milk in the marinade. Other options here in the UK include JERK SEASONING, which is spicey, dicey nicey! Lots of Caribbean hot sauces to choose from over here. Enough for me to get silly enough with my descriptions.

Oh and well done on the ordering and updating, very nice.

homeyg's quick Chicken Wings with Buffalo sauce

butter
hot sauce (whatever kind you want)
Bag of chicken wings
ranch dressing or bleu cheese

-Cook the chicken wings (use the instructions on the bag).

-While the chicken is cooking, put butter and hot sauce into a bowl and microwave for about 40 seconds (or longer if you are making a larger amount). How much butter and hot sauce you use depends on how much sauce you want to make.

-Mix the stuff until the butter is evenly mixed into the hot sauce. OPTIONAL - Mix into the sauce a little ranch dressing or bleu cheese and stir until evenly mixed.

-Brush the sauce onto the wings.

-Enjoy!

El J - You surely know how to maintain a thread sir. I've had another look at post #2 and I have some suggestions. Perhaps you can arrange them into the following categories? Dang I went ahead and arranged them so it could be easier for you now. Didn't check all the receipes but most should be under the right title.

It shows we have quite an impressive list already, covering just about every department. We can really be proud of ourselves! :goodjob:

We also know which to fill up as well, I for one need to come up with more meal recipes and less of the lushing out milkshakes :lol:.

Savoury Dishes - Meat & Fish

~ Chicken Fajitas by Viper275
~ Tuna Mornay by classical hero
~ How to best steam shrimp by El Justo
~ Fried Tomatoes by El Justo
~ Special Stew by Plotinus
~ Home-made Mexican Salsa by El Justo
~ Roasted Chestnuts by El Justo
~ Hainanese Pork Cutlets by Ramius75
~ Emeril's Pork Pies by Dr. Yoshi
~ Seafood Quesedilla by El Justo
~ Roasted Butternut Squash Soup by Norlamand
~ Killer's Quick Turkey Stew by carlosMM
~ BBQ Chicken Pizza by El Justo
~ Turkish Lamb Kebab by Rambuchan
~ Broiled Filet of Tilapia by El Justo
~ Sweet and Tangy Grilled Chicken by El Justo
~ Chili Mussels by Shaihulud
~ Pesto Genovese Chicken by carlosMM
~ Pollo Saboroso by El Justo
~ homeyg's Quick Buffalo Chicken Wings
~ BLT Deluxe by homeyg
~ Poulé D'Antoine by VoodooAce

Savoury Dishes - Vegetarian

~ Pasta Repeto by Fifty (V? didn't look)
~ Parmesan-flavored Green Beans by Viper275
~ Grilled Pita Bread by El Justo
~ Thai Pineapple Fried Rice by Ramius75
~ Home-made Hummus by Serutan
~ Mozzarella Mushroom Sandwich by Striq

Deserts & Sweets

~ Pecan Pie by viper275
~ Coolio's Devil's Food Cake by CoolioVonHoolio

Drinks - Alcoholic

~ El Justo's Famous Cocktail Sauce (?)
~ El Justo's Famous Margarita Recipe
~ El Justo's Famous Martini Recipe
~ Fancy Banana Daquiri by El Justo (?)

Drinks - Non-Alcoholic

~ Christmas Coffee & Aromatic Arabic Coffee by Rambuchan
~ Jasmine and Fig Milkshake by Rambuchan
~ Cinna-Coke Float by Rambuchan
~ Saffron Summer Coffee by Rambuchan

Dude I just ate the best shrimp and crabmeat bisque. I gotta get the recipe for it up here! :D

Rambuchan said:
El J - You surely know how to maintain a thread sir. I've had another look at post #2 and I have some suggestions. Perhaps you can arrange them into the following categories? Dang I went ahead and arranged them so it could be easier for you now. Didn't check all the receipes but most should be under the right title.

It shows we have quite an impressive list already, covering just about every department. We can really be proud of ourselves! :goodjob:

We also know which to fill up as well, I for one need to come up with more meal recipes and less of the lushing out milkshakes :lol:.

Savoury Dishes - Meat & Fish

~ Chicken Fajitas by Viper275
~ Tuna Mornay by classical hero
~ How to best steam shrimp by El Justo
~ Fried Tomatoes by El Justo
~ Special Stew by Plotinus
~ Home-made Mexican Salsa by El Justo
~ Roasted Chestnuts by El Justo
~ Hainanese Pork Cutlets by Ramius75
~ Emeril's Pork Pies by Dr. Yoshi
~ Seafood Quesedilla by El Justo
~ Roasted Butternut Squash Soup by Norlamand
~ Killer's Quick Turkey Stew by carlosMM
~ BBQ Chicken Pizza by El Justo
~ Turkish Lamb Kebab by Rambuchan
~ Broiled Filet of Tilapia by El Justo
~ Sweet and Tangy Grilled Chicken by El Justo
~ Chili Mussels by Shaihulud
~ Pesto Genovese Chicken by carlosMM
~ Pollo Saboroso by El Justo
~ homeyg's Quick Buffalo Chicken Wings
~ BLT Deluxe by homeyg
~ Poulé D'Antoine by VoodooAce

Savoury Dishes - Vegetarian

~ Pasta Repeto by Fifty (V? didn't look)
~ Parmesan-flavored Green Beans by Viper275
~ Grilled Pita Bread by El Justo
~ Thai Pineapple Fried Rice by Ramius75
~ Home-made Hummus by Serutan
~ Mozzarella Mushroom Sandwich by Striq

Deserts & Sweets

~ Pecan Pie by viper275
~ Coolio's Devil's Food Cake by CoolioVonHoolio

Drinks - Alcoholic

~ El Justo's Famous Cocktail Sauce (?)
~ El Justo's Famous Margarita Recipe
~ El Justo's Famous Martini Recipe
~ Fancy Banana Daquiri by El Justo (?)

Drinks - Non-Alcoholic

~ Christmas Coffee & Aromatic Arabic Coffee by Rambuchan
~ Jasmine and Fig Milkshake by Rambuchan
~ Cinna-Coke Float by Rambuchan
~ Saffron Summer Coffee by Rambuchan
well done 'Ram. very well done. i shall organize it accordingly. thanks!

@homeyg
find it! :)

El Justo said:
also, 'Cocktail Sauce' is for shrimp you silly rabbit :lol:
:lol: I knew I would make some funny mistakes. Like I say, I didn't check them all :blush: just started the process for you.

Top Bottom