[mod] Log changes

If you manage to click OK before loading finishes it will work with the default name. We DO need a new version for 1.61.

I have a new version of the logger for v1.61 that I lifted from the HOF mod. The down side is that is included in my cobbled mod pack. Future improvements to my mod pack will enable you to turn on or off the items you want.

I modified autolog.py to make a real HTML page log.

Attachments

• Autolog.JPG
    Autolog.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 340
  • autolog.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 195
Thanks Mike, that looks good :) . But I still cannot get either your or the original autolog.py to create a log file under v1.61. The program initialises, I click OK before it disappears, but no log file created.

Yes, I have changed the username in the path setting to my XP username, triple checked for a valid path string, but still no log file is created. I've even done a search to see if it went somewhere unexpected but nothing. I've re-installed but still no log file.

Weird because it was working fine until I installed v1.61 and I never changed anything in the files of this mod at the upgrade. I know the mod has loaded fine because Alt+E brings up the custom log entry screen, but no log file of any description.

Any suggestions to check?

Thanks
Rob

Edit: To be absolutely certain I had a correct path statement in autolog.py, I changed it to:
path = "C:\Temp"
but still no log file :(

RobH said:
Weird because it was working fine until I installed v1.61 and I never changed anything in the files of this mod at the upgrade. I know the mod has loaded fine because Alt+E brings up the custom log entry screen, but no log file of any description.

Any suggestions to check?

Thanks
Rob

Edit: To be absolutely certain I had a correct path statement in autolog.py, I changed it to:
path = "C:\Temp"
but still no log file :(
Rob - I had this problem too. I eventually solved it by changing the path to "C:". Then the log file was written under the progfiles civ 4 directory. It turns out that I had to put double slashes in ... path = "C:\\Temp" ... then it worked.

Thanks for the suggestion ruff. It sort of worked at first, but then it didn't :crazyeye: !

Let me explain. I changed the path to ... path = "C:" ... as you suggested in mikezang's new html autolog.py version and a file appeared in my c:\ directory labelled "autolog.html.txt". I removed the txt suffix and it opened fine as an html file displaying the data. Great I thought. Re-loaded Civ 4 and this time no log file was created or updated anywhere even though I know Alt+E was working.

Deleted file and restarted. "autolog.html.txt" re-appeared in c:\. Did not change the file extension or anything this time. Restarted several times and the file was never updated.

I went back to the original autolog.py file, changed the directory again to ... path = "C:" ... and absolutely no log file anywhere. Tried ... path = "C:\\Temp" ... and nothing.

When this worked under v1.52, I did not have a double backslash in the path, just single backslashes and it worked fine to a specific named directory.

I repeated this numerous times with always exactly the same results. Deleted and re-installed the whole mod. Changed the path name. Exactly the same as above happened with either original of mikezang's autolog.py file in place!

Something has definitely changed in v1.61 because this mod worked flawlessly before for me under v1.52.

Rob

Sorry, I didn't say clearly in my post, I only play in v1.52 at the moment.
By the way, if you want to log filename with .html extension, please comennt these two lines (line 1008) in file CvEventManager.py:
# if not (fileName.endswith(".txt")):
# fileName = fileName + ".txt"

Well, I have managed to get autolog working again under v1.61 by continually alternating clicking the cursor and pressing the enter key on the autolog bar during loading the game. Not very satisfactory but at least I can make it work again and create that autolog file :) . We really do need a new version of autolog for v1.61.

And thanks mikezang for the html version, this is very good after following your instructions above for removing the txt suffix :cool: .

Rob

RobH said:
Well, I have managed to get autolog working again under v1.61 by continually alternating clicking the cursor and pressing the enter key on the autolog bar during loading the game. Not very satisfactory but at least I can make it work again and create that autolog file :) . We really do need a new version of autolog for v1.61.

And thanks mikezang for the html version, this is very good after following your instructions above for removing the txt suffix :cool: .

Rob
I have a v1.61 version of the logger as part of my SG mod pack. there are a bunch of other mods in it but everything can be turned off. So, use this mod, turn off everything except the logger and you should be right.

Hi Ruff

I tried your mod last night and autologging now works great :) . Since I prefer logging as an html file for html style format, I corrected what appeared to be an error in the code and now have an html file for html logging. See your RuffMod thread for details.

Rob

Sorry for what is probably a dumb question, but I'm trying to decipher the discussion above and figure out if this mod is going to work under 1.61. In other words, assuming I have a clean version (no mods) of 1.61 and I download and follow the instructions in the initial post, will it work.

I used this mod with an earlier version and it was great, but it sounds like there are issus with 1.61.

Doc - the mod is working fine under v1.61. Just a couple of cosmetic issues not quite 100% but they are not show-stoppers and do not cause problems. You will always get little hiccups like this with most mods and Ruff is correcting them for the next release. It certainly is worth installing as it stands, especially if you used an earlier version.

Rob

Rob - thanks for the response, and yes it works fine on 1.61.

At first I thought that I had some issues because I was playing the GOTM. But it appears that GOTMs disable mods. Works great for my SGs.

Would it be also possible to log some meta information like mouse clicks and which objects were clicked or mouse click frequency?
It would be great if this could've been done with python and not C++...

Thanks for feedback.

Top Bottom