SGOTM 01 Maintenance Thread

Does anyone have that 'wrong forum' graphic ... we actually need the 'wrong thread' in this case as I am fairly sure that above two should be in the sledging (trash talk) thread.

PS - what is the code for strikethru? blah blah blah

grahamiam said:
I think that "popup" reference is what fooled me :)
Sorry if "pop up" means something different to you. Are you guys saying you haven't seen any screens that have headers like this? ...

Ohhhhhhh...that. Yeah, we've seen it in our game. Never called it a popup though (usually just call it the 'list').

Ruff_hi: The strikethrough is just an 's' in brackets

ChrTh said:
Never called it a popup though (usually just call it the 'list').
Well, it pops up, I think. Seemed quite descriptive to me, but there you go! :(

Victory conditions, conquest->eliminate all rivals->rivals left : x.
You need of course to remember how many civs you eliminated :)

blid said:
You need of course to remember how many civs you eliminated :)

Not really. You can see all the eliminated civs in the score chart at the bottom right hand of the screen. Their the ones with the score of zero. They will remain on the score chart the entire game.

I have posted the first Spoiler thread, for mid-game discussions between teams on your progress so far. Here are the details from the first post, laying own the ground rules for participation in that thread, so you don't even need to read the thread to determine whether you qualify to do so:

1st Spoiler said:
To qualify to READ in this thread your team must know all the rivals in the game, or know of their demise.

You can determine that you have met or eliminated all your rivals by

(a) checking the Victory Conditions screen to see how many rivals you would need to eliminate for a Conquest victory, or

(b) watching for the messages that tell you how you are doing relative to the other civs. When the screen lists no Unknown civilizations you have found them all.

To qualify to POST in this thread a nominated scribe from your team must post a summary of your game up to the point defined above.

Your summary should include your early decisions on city placement, research, units and improvements, and the milestones in the development of your economy, civics, contacts and diplomatic relationships.

When posting, please do not discuss future events beyond the date you met the spoiler condition. And remember that your viewing public will be looking out for literary flair, historical accuracy, humour, and strategic insight. Comments on the SGOTM experience so far will also be welcome.

So, how was it for you? Still alive and kicking?

AlanH said:
I have posted the first Spoiler thread, for mid-game discussions between teams on your progress so far. Here are the details from the first post, laying own the ground rules for participation in that thread, so you don't even need to read the thread to determine whether you qualify to do so:
Opps, I read it before I read this ... :D

But as part of Team VQ ... I think I can even read the second spoiler thread (if there is one) without any slightest doubt of qualifying or not. :D

The second thread will be the final report, when you've won or lost or given up in disgust :) So no, I don't think even VQ has qualified for it yet.

I don't know whether this has been brought up or should be discussed, but what are the exact conditions for permanent alliances in this game. Or are they disabled due to permanent war?

ThERat said:
I don't know whether this has been brought up or should be discussed, but what are the exact conditions for permanent alliances in this game. Or are they disabled due to permanent war?
I believe that post 1 states that they can be used after researching the relavant techs or am I misunderstanding your question?

ThERat said:
Not sure if I should answer this, since you could figure this out yourself with some test games or reading articles/SDK... but ok.. being at war does not prevent permanent alliances..

thanks Gyathaar, I am asking since our team is having discussion about the conditions. We might find out what happens during the course of the game ;) No spoilers here of course

I by mistake submitted a wrong save befor submitting a rigth one
(wrong one mean save I download to play my turns).
Hope it would not be a problem.

Thanks for letting me know. I've deleted the incorrect upload.

Is it too late to join in on C-IV SGOTM 01 Egypt, Monarch? The Lunatics (only thread I've read) are still at 2320 BC..

Probably not, but just wanted to ask.

Moderator Action: Post moved from GOTM thread. SGOTM is over here.

The Lunatics have eight active players, and are fully staffed up, I'd say, but you could PM Jericho Hill and ask if they want another player. He will have to let me know if you do join them, so that I can add you to their roster on the database.

I realized a mistake I made uploading a game a while back. I tried to upload the save game from my first turnet instead of the second. It said it worked so I did not recognize the error. Later when the next player uploaded the game and found it was at the beggining of the turnest instead of thwe end I went back and upkoaded the right game, everything went fine from there as he picked up the rigth save and we continued on as normal. If you look at are thread (aroung page 7 or 8) you will find the where I am talking about.

The system seems to have survived. We appear to have three copies of your 2050BC save on record, all identical as far as I can tell. We never overwrite saves, so there's no need to keep uploading copies, just let me know if an error is made and I'll revert you to the correct save.

Top Bottom