European Diplomacy Three- True World War

To: DERL Izipo of Mali

We agree. You will also then realize that the territories bordering South Africa (namely, Angola, Zaire, and Tanzania) are of utmost strategic importance to us.

Let peace ring throughout Africa! The Africans do indeed take care of Africans.

-----

Mr. President's moniker was of course LightFang. Nobody knew where he got that name except the President himself, and he wasn't telling anybody. He grinned, and the strong ray from his lamp glistened against his fanged tooth prettily.

He thought of another brilliant idea and fired off another piece of vital mail. Things had changed since he awakened from his peaceful slumber. Diplomacy was taking place!

To: Chile and Australia

The Treaty of Antarctica

We, the nations of Chile, South Africa, and Australia (hereinafter referred to as the undersigned) agree to the following:

1. Chile will receive sovereignty over the West of Antarctica: namely, the key city of BAT as well as APe, Marie Byrd Land, and San.

2. South Africa will receive sovereignty over the Middle of Antarctica: namely, the key city of Showa as well as Nov, Mawson, and Norwegian Dependency.

3. Australia will receive sovereignty over the East of Antarctica: namely, the key city of Len as well as Ross Ice Shelf, DMv, and Casey.

4. Vostok and the South Pole will remain demilitarized.

5. The undersigned are free to exchange territories lawfully.

6. Any seizure of territories done unlawfully will automatically cause a state of war to exist between all the undersigned against the aggressor.

Signed,
President LightFang of South Africa
---------------------------------
---------------------------------

Feel free to edit it, comrades.

Ehum. The world is at peace. And for this peace to last, it is required that strong powers maintain a firm control over lesser states, since only strong powers can maintain an armed and vigilant status quo in this new world.

In the wake of the Japanese brutality, China hereby indicates its intention to become the herald and guardian of peace in southern and eastern Asia. Transgressions by any other powers in this area will be seen as hostile and will be answered with massive deadly force, in order to preserve peace and stability.

China hereby declares its immediate area of influence to range over the Central Asian territories of Kyrgyztan and Tadjikistan, all of India, Burma, Thailand, Vietnam, as well as Inner Mongolia.

ps. Thanks to bernie14 for the great image.

To my dear friends, the nations of China and South Africa,

We are an Island, a tiny little island, we have no where to expand but into Antartica and South East Asia. I am personally insulted that you would seek divide these lands so unfairly regarding us. South Africa, you have all of Africa to grow into, China, Asia, as such Australlia hereby claims the regions of Bom, Clc, Bur, Tha, Vie as well as Indonesia and the Philipenes. In Antartica, I claim the regions of South Pole, Norwegian Dependency, and every thing east of Showa. Chile and yourself may divide the rest between you, you both have plenty of other land to take over. This is negotiable, only, not very. Please sign below. If you do not agree to this, for your own selfish reasons, I tell you now I will NOT sign this 'Treaty of Antartica', therefore it will be invalid - null and void and will mean nothing.

Thank you,

Yours Sincerely, President Kol, Australlia.

________________________ (China)
________________________ (South Africa)
________________________ (Chille)

Preposterous. The tiny island nation of Australia, not fit to be considered a major power, and as such not suited to help maintain peace in this new era, makes claims to Asia. How laughable. Persist in this folly and massive deadly force awaits you, all in the name of peace of course.

You are welcome to claim the Philippines and Indonesia, though the presence of any military ships in the Yellow Sea, the South China Sea and the Bay of Bengal will not be tolerated.

I'm afraid I cannot accept. I will sign no agreements and be threatened by no threats. All of the remaining Powers in this world are of equal strangth, I would like to remind you. I may be willing to compromise. (Funny, I thought you'd at least be willin to compromise after dip2)

(OOC: I like playing each game differently. Roleplaying is part of the deal, and China will be a blast to roleplay. Where's the fun in doing the same all the time? :p)

To: the Austronesians

Agreements? We have not asked for your signature on anything, have we? We see no need to, we merely state what the contingencies will be of certain actions of yours. You will not need our signature on paper to know that we mean what we say.

Well in all honesty, fine, that land is ours, I hope we dont have to fight over it, but, if necessary, we will. I would like to state, again, that I am open to negotiations via PM, thank you.

(Man I hate having you as a neighbour, Niklas, you're not even pretending to be friendly this time)

From, the most fantastic nation of Autrallia (and new zeland)
To: The United Arab Caliphate

I propose a treaty of peace and friendship between our two nations, may it last for several years.

Treaty of South Asia
1. The nations of Australlia and UAC will sign a non-aggression pact which will last until this treaty is declared null and void.
2. The undersigned nations will trade freely and automatically, whenever possible.
3. In the unlikely event that China invades either of our nations, the undersigned will agree to join forces against them.

President Kol.
_______________ (UAC)

China strongly encourages the Arab Caliphate not to sign any agreements with the Australian nation that goes beyond non-aggression and trade. We also strongly encourage the Arab Calophate to immediately take control over the nation of Pakistan, so that trade may flow along the silk route once more.

We wish to make it clear to the world at large that China has no intention of invading Australia, and will not to anything to jeopardize the peace and stability in the area. Only if Australia conducts a hostile invasion of the Asian mainland will we be forced to act, to preserve said peace and stability.

(Kol, as I said before, sometimes (often!) it's more fun to play against people. I kinda like having you as a neighbor and go through these diplomatic maneuvers, I think this will be a lot of fun! :))

(Oh, dont worry I know. Jesus, I did a little roleplay in Dip2 and now everyone seems to be, we even have pictures from some people :O. Its just that it will be more fun if I win :p)

Australia would like to remind China that it does not own the whole world as of yet and it has no authority over the regions of Bur, Tha and Vie or any of India. Australlia may decide to take land in mainland Asia, this would have nothing to do with China and so I wish you would not see this as some sort of threat, we wont touch anything that belongs to you, i wish you'd be willing to compromise about this.

Also, nothing personal, Lightfang, but you have plenty of land north of your location to expand into, I am not at this time willing to sign any treaty, dividing Antartica. As far as I'm concerned, its first come, first served over there. I would also suggest that the UAC ignores any threats they recieve from China, he is no more powerful then anyone else. I have personally had enough of being bossed around by other countries, first Britain, then China. We're not a colony any more.

Thank you.
President Kol on countries getting too big for their boots. At a world conference in Victoria.

EDIT: I would also like to add that I will not be '''hostilely invading'', I may choose to claim land on Mainland Asia, I will not seek to claim anything already under the control of the Chinese government. This will not be seen by the world as a hostile invasion but a peaceful expansion of my Nation into neutral lands, lands that are not under your control. I would also kindly ask you to stop bullying the Arab Caliphate, they will make their own decision, hopefully it will be the right one.

To: SSSR

We welcome you to reestablish control in northern Asia, for greater peace and for the promotion of the true Communist ideals. We sincerely hope you will move to pacify at least one of Mongolia and Korea this turn, so that our two nations can trade freely. We have drafted the following treaty, for your viewing, commentary and approval:
Treaty of Asian Peace

1. The nations of SSSR and China will sign a pact of non-aggression.
2. The nations of SSSR and China will agree to free trade, as soon as trade routes are opened.
3. China recognizes the claims of SSSR to northern Asia, including the territories of Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Hei and Korea, and anything north and west of these.
4. SSSR recognizes the claims of China to southern Asia, including the territories of Inner Mongolia, Kyrgyztan and anything south and east of these.

Signed
First Chairman Nao Zedong
____________________________ (SSSR)

Sure.

I get Union, Midwest, and Florida. I also lay down claims to all of former Canada and Alaska, so if anyone plans on taking them, don't, eh?

I'd only find this acceptable if you give up claims to Florida, as we could split the former US into North and South equally. I find it would be much fairer since former Canada and Alaska have much more cities than the US. As with this deal you would get four cities while I only get one. I have no problem with you having Canada and Alaska as they are much closer to you and more similar in climate than to us down here. I hope you except these terms.

To: Mexico

I understand that you wish to expand but are stuck between 2 powers that also wish to do so. I will let you expand into south america but please only take Col, Ven, and peru. Everything else in south america rightfully belongs to me. I hope you can see this as a fair deal.

That is fine, that was all I was planning on taking anyways.

The President of South Africa cursed. Nobody wanted peace in Antarctica! They would turn it into a bloodbath. Fine. He angrily drew up another document.

The LightFang Doctrine

South Africa herein establishes its hegemony in the South of Africa and as of thus would like to make claims to these territories:

1. On water, these zones will remain South African. No ship will enter these waters: Southeast Atlantic, Southwest Indian, MCh.

2. On land, these zones will remain South African. No troops will enter these territories: Angola, Zaire, Tan.

3. Enter the East Atlantic Ocean carefully. This zone is a large zone but we will warn you to warn us before entering it, as it threatens our interests.

He also proposed an Addendum, but this one would have to be co-signed.

Addendum:

a. Africa will remain for Africans. The nations of South Africa and Mali will unite to ensure that foreign encroachment of African lands does not occur.

He wondered what that guy in Mali would think.

I'm sorry, I don't seem to understand. Are you saying you'll stay put in Africa? I think that would be an excelent idea. Autrallia currently has no interest in colonising Africa, we will probably steer clear although if it becomes apparent that we need to pass through this area, we will warn you in advance. In return, you're ships will not enter the Southern Indian Ocean or any area of water bordering mainland Australlia. Do you agree?

That guy in Mali proposes a toast of fine champagne to help us chill.
I understand your concerns, but remind you that we share the same ocean, surely our navy (if we ever have one someday) will be able to move freely in the East Atlantic ?
Anyway, I would gladly hear what the leader of Arabia has to say, his silence is quite unnerving.
In the meantime, here's a toast to free trade and science.

Oh, yes, I had forgotten about that. We both will share sovereignty over that. Acceptable? Also we should establish free trade as soon as possible.

Cheers !
I knew champagne would make you see the light.
Agreed on both counts.

The European Prime Minister awoke with a start. Sweat poured from his temple as he struggled to find his glasses. Another nightmare... bombs, explosions, carnage, death. He'd seen it all, all too frequently. Finally though Europe was at peace, he told himself. At peace, and united under one banner.

The morning paper greeted him with its usual headlines: the weather, news, sports, and so on. Until one article struck him: "...several large nations...potential to be next superpower...huge war soon envelope the whole world..."

"This can't be," he muttered. "Another outbreak of another bloody conflict on the horizon." He sat down. Nausea took hold of his ailing body, as his nightmares seemed to turn into reality once again. After two devastating wars, he couldn't comprehend a third.

Europe needed to expand, if only to fortify its holdings. The rest of the world too was claiming territory, and already verbal battles raged across Antarctica and Asia.

He called a press conference. He shuffled his papers, braced himself on the podium, and took a labored breath.

"Europe has finally begun a new era of peace. Decades of war have passed over this bloodied continent and finally, we have peace. We only hope this peace will last, so our children and their children will only know peace.

"With that being said, Europe will be expanding to fortify itself from any hostile actions. Therefore, the territories of Ukr, Pol, Bst, and StP will be under European rule while the cities of Bal, Bel, and Scan will also fall under European jurisdiction. We also hope across the world all territory disputes will be settled without bloodshed. We thank you for your time."

He stepped down, and wondered what would happen next. He felt a chill, but dismissed it. A new era had begun.

Top Bottom