Kazakhstan Embassy

Excellent work going on here. :salute:

I’ve cleaned this up a bit and folded in everything that’s been pretty much agreed upon… let’s call it,

version 1.5
Nemaste Donsig,
The Ninjas salute the wise and mighty Kazakhstani peoples.

We haven’t heard back from you on our last letter – but it’s just as well, since in the light of recent events, we have come to realize that there might be an even more glorious path for us to walk with each other. We believe you’ll find this new proposal both generous and helpful in advancing your new, fledgling religion.

We’re calling this new deal…

The Path of Daytime Home Shopping
We agree to an Open Borders deal and a trade of knowledge. Along with you lopsided benefit from Open Borders, we also offer Sailing, Masonry and Monotheism, (447 :science: ) – and we’ll trade these with you for only two easy payments of Writing (less than 100 :science: value now) and Polytheism (149 :science: )!
We’d exchange technology with you as follows:
  1. Sailing for Writing
  2. Masonry for Polytheism
  3. Monotheism for Free! (as soon as we discover it, coming up soon)
But you must act fast! All technologies are individually hand crafted and come with a beautiful certificate of authenticity. Unfortunately this is a limited time offer.

We hope you find this deal greatly beneficial and we eagerly await your reply.

General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA

Religion, useful
To the faithful and wise ones
Friendship beckons forth
EDIT: SENT! To Donsig and Kazak e-mail

Thoughts? Any further edits?

I like it also....

We could just delete "don't delay".....or say something like "unfortunately this is may be a limited time offer" ...and kind of leave it open ended, yet still time sensitive.

I say send it. Saying it is a limited time offer might give us the option of backing out if Kaz accpets and Cav doesn't...if we want to.

ok - I think that's plenty of approval to send this sucker off.
Why don't a few of you swing by the Cav embassy and approve that one (since they go hand-in-hand) :)

Sending this one now...
:salute:

We got a reply for the Kazakhs!
Greetings Ninjas,

Great nation of Kazakhstan now following way of Kungfucius. We wish to extend to you the fifth bond, friend to friend.

We also commend to you wise words of Kungfucian sage, Mr. Miyaki. He say "Wax on, wax off." We not entirely sure what he mean, but now every man in Kazakhstan have very smooth legs. It give great feeling, you should try.

We say sorry to you for not giving a reply last time you send us message. We very busy at time trying to create new system of making laws, and not want to make any distraction away from this path. We also think other nations be trying to make law system, and we want to make it first, for glory of Kazakhstan!

We think that we already have some knowledge that can make benefit awesome Ninja people. And we still want to make statue of glorious leader, but need knowledge of making metal things. Much better to discuss trade with things we already have to trade, no? "A clam in hand, is worth two in the sea" (we think Mr. Miyaki say this as well).

What can we give you that make you give us knowledge of making metal?

donsig
Foreign Minister Great Nation of Kazakhstan

Are we open to trading them Metal Casting with restrictions? (no trading for X turns, No building the Colossus)

we don't trade with them until later then.

For MC now I would want writing, Alpha, Math and CoL hten it can eb a race to collosus.

pbem spoiler
Spoiler :
G_W if you are tired now is a great time to move the save along ;) j/k take your time!

Yeah, I mean they're stating (again) that they want to build the Colossus, so I think any sort of no-building clause is going to be unacceptable to them.

Just a FYI, throwing out the numbers, but we can get the Collosus by t83 in IS at the earliest, because we 100% have to build a trireme to be able to follow up any threats against Cavs, but that would be withouth te workboat for FC. With the workboat and trireme, we would be looking at Collosus by t85, and it would bring forward the great person to around t94.

It'd be risky, and it would slow down our development. Only upside is that FC can get a lighthouse and we could tech faster (it could grow straight to size 7 (unhealthness), while start building a Forge, then get the hills, probably finish a forge around t102), but that gives a grand total of 5 turns working commerce tiles. Not much of a plus, tbh.

So yeah, It's not worth trading MC away, not if we can get a trade alliance. Any luck on that BTW, G_W?

So, any ideas how to answer this apart from the obviously useless "screw you"?

i say we stall.

no reason we can't trade it when we are closer to completing collosus?

I agree with the stall tactic...they just did it to us...

Sending an email next thursday/friday would be decent. Hopefully, we would have 3/4 turns done by then, so it would be turn 78, so only 17 turns to the point where we could safely sell MC. Albeit with the GS they just popped, they could be in a rather interesting tech position in 17 turns (they could have a second GS, although they would quite frankly completely screw up their expansion, relative to where we would be expansion wise).

I think we should start with stalling... then send a strictly "idea only" letter... haggle a bit with that, and then seriously get down to business.

Hopefully by then I'll have caught up with Peter Grimes from the Mad Scientists and have more of an answer.

I like the way you're thinking Gen_W. Keep the talk flowing but change the conversation again and again and again until...

Ok this stalled a bit I think we need to answer.

In looking at the numbers with Krill If Kaz is reearchign MC, or can get it somehow in the next 8-10 turns, they can beat us to the Collosus, while this isn't game breaking for us, it does hurt.

So G_W we need your silver tounge again, to make a deal we have no intention on following through on.

The Idea is this:

As long as Kaz believes they can get MC from us in a trade, they will not research it themselves. As soon as we say NO it is the next thign they research. With thier GNP we can't stop them.

So My suggestion?

Send a letter to them asking what they will give us for MC? Ball is back in their court.

You can even say it won out by a small vote that we let MC go, and thus their offer would need to be fair as they are the tech leaders.

I agree, that’s a great idea.
Here’s my first stab at it…

Namaste Donsig,
The Ninjas salute the Great Nation of Kazakhstan.

Good to hear back from you. We feared that perhaps our Ninja messengers had decided to defect and permanently live in a land as glorious as yours.

There has been heated discussion of your proposal – and by a thin margin – we have decided we are willing to part with knowledge of Metal Casting.
However – we’re not giving it away for free! As I’m sure you understand, the price would have to be fair.

Make us an offer! What will you give the Ninjas in exchange for the wondrous ability to cast metal?

Best,

General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA

Vast sea of silence
A light across the waves shines
Communication

Thoughts?

I think the middle line in the haiku has 8 syllables? Or maybe it's just the accents I'm used to that make me think that...

Top Bottom