Kazakhstan Embassy

:lol: that's your only comment on the letter? You think I messed up the Haiku? :lol:

I think you're confused by "waves" or "shines" - but if you consult a dictionary, you'll see they both only contain 1 syllable.

Now, here's the other part of that letter, reposted for ease of reference:
Namaste Donsig,
The Ninjas salute the Great Nation of Kazakhstan.

Good to hear back from you. We feared that perhaps our Ninja messengers had decided to defect and permanently live in a land as glorious as yours.

There has been heated discussion of your proposal – and by a thin margin – we have decided we are willing to part with knowledge of Metal Casting.
However – we’re not giving it away for free! As I’m sure you understand, the price would have to be fair.

Make us an offer! What will you give the Ninjas in exchange for the wondrous ability to cast metal?

Best,

General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA

Vast sea of silence
A light across the waves shines
Communication
EDIT: SENT! To Donsig and Kazak team e-mail

I like it, ideally we can stretch this out until t90, at which point we could probably safely trade, so we ideally punt them onto long term research projects that stop them from starting researching MC by that time.

And I'm not quite sure how 'waves' or 'shines' can only have 1 syllable, unless you ignore the v or n in either word...

I love it! just the stall tactic we need.

@ Krill

go to dictionary.com they will even the word with the proper pronuciation! :D they both only have 1 syllable ;) (as wierd as it seems)

I like it!

Waves I supose i can see, but Shine? Definately would have to take beef with that pronounciation.

shin = 1 syllable
shine = 2 syllables, at least with the Geordie accent that I'k used to after living in Durham for 3 years (if Sullla ever reads this, I suggest you come up to the toon for ah day, and have grarnd day oot)

We can use this as part of a delay tactic - ask them how to pronounce shine and tell them that it's not 1 syllable in at least 1 part of the world.

:lol:

Ok - enough of that. We've got overwhelming support for the letter. The Haiku is just flavor anyway.
I'm sending the letter now!

:salute:

A suspiciously timed letter just in from the Kazakhs:
Dear Daimyo General_W,

We are so sorry for the delay in responding and we are pleased to hear that you are willing to trade metal casting to us. We can offer you masonry and monotheism now. We realize this offer is a bit light and more negotiations are needed but we're just not sure what it is the Glorious Ninja want for metal casting. Can you enlighten us? Might we suggest archery and horseback riding?

donsig of Kazakhstan

But suspicious or not - should we offer them the same deal we offered the Cavs?

Monotheism is worthless, we are already teching masonry atm but slowly. In fact they can't even trade monotheism, we don't have polytheism, they are basically just wasting time just like we are.

String them along a little more? or start the negoitiations in earnest?

i say start real negotiations. lets see if they actually want to play now.

Tell them of our offer to Cav. and our relations with Cav and how we might have to resort to violence. (i am sure Cav has anyway) might as well put our own spin on it.

:)

If we ask for maths, masonry and archery (373+119+89 = 581 beakers), or something along those lines, how would we want to deal with delivery?

I'm definately paranoid of giving up MC to one team and then they backstab us, either by trading amongst themselves or by gifting it FoC to Saturn so we don't have anythign to trade with them.

Do we really think people will break treaties this early? My experience is that teams tend to be pretty good about keeping to the letter of treaties, even if they break the spirit, at least early in games - not that I have a lot of experience.

If we trade MC to a team with the caveat that they don't trade it away and we don't trade techs we get, I believe that teams will hold to that. Cause if not, we'll talk about them breaking treaties for the rest of the game.

@AT normally i would agree....however if they are already in an alliance without us...then where is the harm.

think of it this was PBEM

If G_W said to You and Ronnie, I am going to break a deal with memphus but it will get all of us Civil Service. As soon as I have it ill send it over to you guys. I won't trade him feudalism though as promised 2 turns later.

No matter how much 'bad' propoganda i spread about it, you guys knew ahead of time, and benefitted...so it doesn't hurt the trust.

Ok here is what we need to do, and G_W it will take some of you magic.

Basically it avoids a backstab for us.

We have one tech (MC) and we want to maximize it :band:

So to Kaz:
Spoiler :

We tell them on T90 we want them to offer (and accept obviously)
Math
Archery
Masonry

for

MC

And To Cav:
Spoiler :

We tell them they can have OB now and on T90 we want them to offer (and accept obviously)
Alpha

for

MC

When I open the save, I hit accept on both deals. no chance for them to trade it around inbetween.

What if they pass the info between themselves ahead of T90 (which they will if they already have an agreement).

Then on T90 you open the save and there is offer #1 from whichever team, and you accept ofc....but when you close that Diplo screen, there is no second....we get hosed.

Top Bottom