[MODCOMP] New advisor screens (Col1-like)

you have to edit the CvMainInterface.py, a file often used by other mods too

Now you're tempting me to look at that file and get a little familiar with this.

I think the user interface really is missing another button in the lower left (where the other UI display change buttons are), and that missing button would add these bars/icons, preferable below the upper right buttons which lead to the advisor menus, so you can quickly clutter the screen with percentage icons, all near their associated buttons which currently give the details.

Anyways - there are always obstacles. All of them can find a way to be overcome if enough people want it to happen.

Displaying most important informations from advisor menus on the main screen without clumping the interface? An interesting quest. :) Problem is that you have to edit the CvMainInterface.py, a file often used by other mods too. And people having problems with extracting rar archives, I don't know how they think about merging python files.... :)

It's ok, AOD is the best mod out there, and im sure will incorporate the best features from other mods, ala LooF and JTrade etc.

I uploaded a small patch for the Europe Screen 4.1 Release:

- fixed a problem with the "sail to new word"-buttons (after discovering the pacific) in AOD2 (Thx Dale).

- added missing snow to trees in the background

Install:
Extract files and copy them to colonization/mods. You'll have to start a new game to get the AOD2 fix working.

Attachments

• EuropeScreen 4.1 Patch.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 872
Europe Screen 5 Beta

Changelog:

1) New "sail to the new world" buttons.
The left button just send your ship back to where it started to Europe. The right (goto) button opens a menu where you can select the destination/arrival point of your ship:

Move your cursor over the old america map to travel to the east or west side of the new world. Select a city to send your ship to that city. Click outside the menu to leave it without making a choice.

2) recall outgoing ships back to Europe

3) sell your ships

4) lift boycotts

5) improved Tortuga screen (AOD2 only)

6) Fankman contributed his latest piece of art, I am sure you can spot it (ingame). :)

This version is intended as a stand alone mod but also works with AOD2: just make a copy of EuropeScreen5 folder, rename it to AgeOfDiscoveryII and move it to Colonization/Mods.

Download (~7,5mb):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mjydmmmjw1j/EuropeScreen_5_Beta.rar

Keep in mind this is still a beta!

- I didn't make any multiplayer tests, please post oos errors (if they happen).

- Europe screen contains now some dialogs. I only made a rough translation into english. :crazyeye:

- Prices for ship selling and boycotts are not much balanced, AI don't use it.

:) Thank you. If you get tired of the sea gulls you can disable them by checking "no movies" option in the graphic settings. And special thanks to Jeckel, your screen tutorials were pretty useful (especially input handling).

EuropeScreen 5 will be the final version of my Europe screen. Enough CvEuropeScreen.py. :p

New screen works really well. Love the little colony previews you get. Haven't tried out the ship selling, tortuga, or boycott lifting yet. Shame you cant use it with saved games from latest aod. Ah well, better just finish that game off quick then!! :)

Haven't tried out the ship selling, tortuga, or boycott lifting yet.
For ship selling you need at least two ships. Ship price right now is 2/3 of initial europe purchase price minus tax rate. Pirates gets an additional bonus of 15%/Level.

Shame you cant use it with saved games from latest aod. Ah well, better just finish that game off quick then!!

I fixed that behaviour in the beta version, you won't have to start a new game when upgrading to the final release. ;)

Thanks for the hard work. Can't wait to see your next project!

Right now I want to help ekmek and the Mare Nostrum mod.

And special thanks to Jeckel, your screen tutorials were pretty useful (especially input handling).

Thanx man, I'm glad those tutorials helped ya. :band:

I used it in my own mod for the east indies (hope it's ok, you'll get all the credits of course )

No problem. Credits are already included ingame although nobody knows that. :lol: Which version did you use. 5 beta isn't multiplayer compatible but I plan to make an update.

Hehe... thx! :)

I will use it in the next (and final) update.

Hey, nice to hear about another update. When I got Colonization home and started up my first game I was sore dissapointed when my first ship arrived in Europe! I was like what? This is Europe? This isn't Europe, this is a FN window!

This mod kicks the Devs arce!

Hey, nice to hear about another update. When I got Colonization home and started up my first game I was sore dissapointed when my first ship arrived in Europe! I was like what? This is Europe? This isn't Europe, this is a FN window!

This mod kicks the Devs arce!

Yes, an update for vanilla c4c. It will be based on latest AOD2 Europe screen but will have 2 small improvements:

1. Trade routes (and related cities) are visible in Europe screen city selection dialog.
2. Rework of the trade log. It has now a table form making it easier to read.

Hi, somebody has the latest beta of this MODCOMP? I tried to download it, and the link is broken, could someone post it please?

Thanks!

Top Bottom