Map of Erebus - Unofficial FfH2 Map

I can make that switch. I actually know very little about the terrain features, so I just kinda spaced them out randomly.

Well it's not that big deal :D

I just tought do you have any sense of placing Unique Features, but now i know that you don't :)

Just think new places to all UFs again and i guess that you will figure what UF should be near to some specific civ. e.g MoH near Malakim, Tomb of Sucellus perhaps near to Elohim or some Good civ and Pyre of Seraphic perhaps near to Clan or some Evil civ etc.

Of course there is some "neutral" ones what can be anywhere, at least for me, but some UFs really have their place. I don't know was that intended by Kael, but that's how i see it.

Hi Ozzy, this map is really cool! Any chance to update it for 2.040? Or how could one do this?

MrS

Well it's not that big deal :D

I just tought do you have any sense of placing Unique Features, but now i know that you don't :)

Just think new places to all UFs again and i guess that you will figure what UF should be near to some specific civ. e.g MoH near Malakim, Tomb of Sucellus perhaps near to Elohim or some Good civ and Pyre of Seraphic perhaps near to Clan or some Evil civ etc.

Of course there is some "neutral" ones what can be anywhere, at least for me, but some UFs really have their place. I don't know was that intended by Kael, but that's how i see it.

Actually I figured Mirror of Heaven was Malakim themed, but I kinda figured that they already had Sun mana, and thought I'd make it available to other civs. But yea, I suppose it should stay near Malakim.

And I didn't realize the map wasn't working with the new version. Sorry, I'll update it.

Here are the unique features and their most likely position-

Broken Sepulchre- Prison of Kylroin's death mage: in a wasteland
Yggdrasil- Greeatest of the Trees: Near the Svartalfar/Ljosalfar
Mirror of Heaven- Place where Empyrean is founded, opposite of Black mirror: Desert near Malakim
Remnants of Patria- Site of great old human empire: Near Amurites?
The Seven Pines- Site where compact was signed: near Grigori or Elohim
Pool of Tears- Sire where angels go to weep: near Elohim
Letum Frigus- Mulcarn's throne: Near Illians (too close means they get the agressive trait for free)
Pyre of the Seraphic- Fallen temple of Bhall, overriden by orcs: near Clan of Embers.
Aifon Isle- Site of extinct water race: near Lanun
Maelstrom- ???
Tomb of Sucellus- Location of the revived god's bodies: ???

In Kael's D&D game, the Maelstrom was near the city of Prespur (called Prespur of the Storms).

I tend to think that the Tomb of Sucellus would be in Ljosalfar lands, but would be a likely be a place the Svartalfar would really like to take over to suppress the worship of the risen god. (In Wages of Sin it is right next to Evermore, which is a Ljosalfar city that the Svartalfar usually conquer pretty quickly.)

I tend to think that the Seven Pines is best in Elohim lands. The Grigori wouldn't like a site having the signs of so many petulant gods, and even though Cassiel called the meeting there he doesn't like the outcome and living near it would probably bother him. The Elohim were the only mortals present at the signing, and the only ones who really knew where it was. However, the Svartalfar found it and began stealing from it until Sphener chose to fall to defend ti and then Junil removed it from Creation.

update please!!! I want to try this out. Erebus spawn maps tend to befuddle the AI to the point of extinction. It would be cool to play something almost accurate to the story line (although, according to civilpedia, the Hippi share a border with Cardith).

I got this one working, dont think I changed anything other then switching the Lurchuirp leader to Beeri (mostly because Defensive is useless trait for them).

Attachments

• Ozzy's Map of Erebus - Updated.rar
    36.9 KB · Views: 154
Hum... does it crash instantly? Im actually in the middle of a game on it right now so its working for me.

Im running version 2.40 with "z" patch and was able to start two games.
The first crashed at sometime in the midgame
The second was fine when I retired early.

Since then I lock up during the build world/game load.
This has happened 4 times sequentially with a variety of attempts not choose an option that "might" cause a lock up.

Thoroughly enjoyed the map so far, would love to continue to see it updated.

huh, not sure about those errors, might have to ask the people who actually know how to mod some of this stuff, I just figured out how to update the map files.

Do you have any modmods loaded that could be affecting it? I do have Orbis loaded, but I did that the other day AFTER I tried running this.

I need to correct my last post:

"Since then I lock up during the build world/game load.
This has happened 4 times sequentially with a variety of attempts not choose an option that "might" cause a lock up."

When you build a custom game with the map, you might as well go get a snack. What i was taking for lock ups were in fact just slower build times. Im sure there are some minor bugs in the mix, but being PATIENT is a part of the equation.

Sorry for the bad information.

Ok, map updated!

It should work fine in .40 now. I was right, it was just the civics thing. But since I was taking a look at it anyhow, I made a few changes to the unique features. Thanks Vernacular & MagisterCultuum for your thoughts on their placement. I did the best I could for each, but I couldn't find a really good place for the Tomb of Succulus near the elves without being too close to Yggdrasil. So, in order to move the Pines near the Elohim, I put it near the Luchuirp. I made other feature changes too, check it out.

Plus, vivictius, is totally right, Beeri is a much better leader for the Luchuirp, so I changed that as well.

As always: DOWNLOAD HERE.

(if you downloaded it in the last 5 hours, try it again, I just updated it again to include randomly placed huts)

Downloaded this map, and started two games so far-Luichurp and Malakim. Luichurp were pretty good when I played them-the mountains and the Khazad kept off most of the direct attacks, and so far i've been able to maintain the highest score. Malakim got wiped out about halfway through-they only built one city, doveilho came down and took it. Now I'm putting together a Golem army to kick the doveilho back out of the former Malakim territory (because I'd rather not have them on my borders with all those floodplains to make giant cities).

I also tried playing as the Makakim myself, and that didn't work out well either-their eastern border is very vulnerable, and I made the mistake of building up my cities and not spending as much time on the army. About two-three hundred turns in, Calabim, Clan, Sheim, and Svalvatar all declared war on me at once. The Calabim took one of my border cities, but by the time they tried for my capital I had about 3 swordsman and some archers, which made short work of them. Then the clan came down with a giant stack of wolf riders and my capital fell. I figured I'd lost at that point.

Judging from my experience, you need to beef the Malakim up-give them more production, or maybe put a line of hills and peaks on their eastern border-enemies can just waltz right in now, its really hard for them to defend. Luichurp are pretty good when I play them, but do something to make the AI not build a bunch of useless cities in the jungle, like it wants to do now-the Luichurp were on the bottom when the computer played them). Also, the Elohim wound up with almost bottom score both times-don't know if its the starting position or the computer, I'll have to give them a try.

Oh, and the map on my computer has no huts, towers, or lairs on it-I noticed some other people on here had that problem, is there a fix for it? Or could you make one with those features preplaced?

Oh, and I really like this map-haven't found any other way to play all of the FFH civs on one map, and I like having everything actually line up with the civilopeidia entries. Good work!

The Malakim have quite a few sources of Marble. :eek:

What you could do to lower the amount necessary, and to make it so that Flood Plains aren't completely overwhelming, is put some hills inside the desert. Nothing huge, but it might be a better general answer then placing a lot of Marble resources. ;) I've also found out, by using the plot yield display that some of the deserts next to rivers aren't Flood plains, though it's nothing too serious.

Any more feedback about the Malakim? I just played a few turns of an Illian game (quite enjoyable) and in the game, as usual, the Malakim were the first to be wiped out. Is this happening consistently with everyone too? Any more ideas for fixing them? In an hour or two when I get back I'll follow Ivan's suggestions and add in more plains hills. Maybe more health resources too.

Any other tips?

Ok, oops, there were issues in other files I put up. Now it all works just great, PLUS the goody huts work! Yay! Random huts are back!

I tweaked Makakim's land just a tad. Hopefully it'll work. If only we could teach the AI to park a lightbringer on top of the mirror of heaven, that'll block barbarians for miles. :)

Top Bottom