The Ultimate Map Thread

A blank Gotham City Map for my NES. Main arteries are in red, smaller roads in yellow, parks are green and the buildings you can see are notable landmarks such as Wayne Tower, City hall etc. Warning: Large Image.

Spoiler :

A map i made for FFH NES III (see sig for link)

does anyone have a historical map map of Europe from 1830-1880, but hopefully 1850. Thanks.

Here's one that I did of 1861:

EDIT: Found more recent image.

Supermath, I love you.

EDIT: Is there any deviation from OTL I should know about in that?

EDIT: Is there any deviation from OTL I should know about in that?
There shouldn't be, other than the omission of some of the states of the Deutscher Bund because they're annoying and small.

There shouldn't be, other than the omission of some of the states of the Deutscher Bund because they're annoying and small.

Doesn't really matter to me, considering I'm creating a Greater Germany... Now the hard part is going to be figuring out how to divide between Germany and Hungary...

South Carolina looks a tad too big. Other than that, the historical aspect of it looks good.

If I'm bored I might fix it, but I don't see much of a point right now, considering that the rest of the south will secede anyway.

I'm surprised the Malay states are separated. :D Minor niggle, the western section of Sabah (north Borneo) is under the Brunei Sultanate, and the eastern is under the Sulu Sultanate based in Mindanao.
No idea why China owns the Philippines.

I'm surprised the Malay states are separated. :D Minor niggle, the western section of Sabah (north Borneo) is under the Brunei Sultanate, and the eastern is under the Sulu Sultanate based in Mindanao.
No idea why China owns the Philippines.

Well, they were separate kingdoms at the time. Also, I believe that by 1861, Britain owned that area of Borneo (or at least according to my references). And that would be Spain in the Philippines.

There is a subtle difference between the two kinds of yellow used, but yes, Spain probably needs a recolour.

EDIT: The Sultanate of Aceh probably deserves a place on that map, though.

There is a subtle difference between the two kinds of yellow used, but yes, Spain probably needs a recolour.

Spain and Rumania both, but it should only take about 10 seconds to fix provided you know what you're doing.

Well, they were separate kingdoms at the time. Also, I believe that by 1861, Britain owned that area of Borneo (or at least according to my references). And that would be Spain in the Philippines.

Oh, I know. People usually don't bother to make that distinction.

ANd the British never had Borneo till 1946.

Sarawak was run by the Brooke family - essentially a Brit protectorate but the Brookes were definitely in charge. In North Borneo, leases were granted to Overbeck and Dent in the 1870s if I recall right. But the Chartered North Borneo Company never got in till 1882 or somewhere in that region.

And yeah, the Riau islands and bits of Sumatera are the Sultanate of Johor whom Johor and Pahang were technically part of but they effectively ruled themselves.

And it wasn't until federation that the British forced the nine districts of Negeri Sembilan to federate themselves.

So yeah ;)

I don't think Japan had the southern half of Sakhalin yet.
Not explicitly, true. The Treaty of Shimoda never really resolved the legal status of Sakhalin. However, Japanese settlers inhabited roughly the southern half of the island until they were evicted by the 1875 Treaty of St. Petersburg. They would eventually be restored in the peace following the 1904-5 war.

Also, the Taiping never took control of Shanghai - the Yangzi river delta should reflect this.

Y'know, I would have preferred if you guys pointed these things out when I asked for comments about the map.

As it is, I believe the version with cities has Manchu control of Shanghai.

Top Bottom