SGOTM 09 - Misfits

Mastiff, what are the chances you can get the save from JH Saturday and complete the final turns quickly? These final "flight time" turns are just for fun, so hopefully they can be played fast. Let's not drag this out for several more days!

Shouldn't be a problem. I have a concert to attend a 2pm EST, but I'll be home all evening. Since it's really just button pushing (Either for a nuke or a turn!), it shouldn't take me long. I don't intend to take much time at it...

MF

Sounds good, Mastiff. :thumbsup:

Dur-Kur needs 3 turns to complete the Manhattan Project, and then a nuke will take a couple turns at least. Still, should be enough time for at least one. :evil:

2 turns to victory!

Mastiff, you have 4 ICBM's at your disposal. Enjoy. All our forces, Para + Mech Inf, are at FH.

Nothing else to report. Nothing eventful happened.

We launched on time. Built Eiffe, R*R, and other crud.

Spaceship gets to AC 1765 AD.

At a minimum, we have beaten the Chokonuts, the Geezers, And Trash team.

SAVE IS UPLOADED

Excellent work, JH! :thumbsup:

If we have 4 ICBMs, why not nuke lots of people? In fact, everyone but our loyal (??) vassal HC should get one. :evil:

Joao because he declared war on us a couple millenia back.
Stalin just because he is Stalin.
WK because he got a different religion than HC and prevented us from trading with both financial civs for most of the game.
Shaka...well, I don't really have a reason to nuke Shaka. But do I really need one? :lol:

If you want to spare one of these, maybe hit Atlantis with an ICBM? The barbs certainly deserve it. :evil:

Wonder how often barbs get nuked? Not usually any of them left by the time ICBMs are being built....

Mastiff, one request: Please upload a save for the last turn before victory, so all of us who want to (me! me! :lol:) can later play the final turn and have this game in our personal Hall of Fame.

So upload that save, and then obviously upload the victorious save. We can then notify Alan H that we are done, and AFTER he confirms then we can take a look at the other teams' threads. But not before! And as always, do not post in the thread of any team which is not finished.

Looking forward to victory, and checking out the competition.

Second try. :)

Nicely finished JH. At least I know when we will land anyway.

I haven't looked at any of the other spoilers although I have been tempted. ;)

A couple of places I think we could have improved was getting currency a LOT earlier.

Better early production of GP's. One of my many failings and I think we could have done a lot better.

I don't think radio v genetics made a lot of difference overall as we needed radio for earlier plastics anyway and health up till when I participated was never really an issue as long as we stayed in enviro. Bit hard to say afterwards. :)

So who are you going to nuke Mastiff?

As per haphazards suggestion. Definitely nuke Atlantis it deserves it more than anyone. :)

Hey team, ive assigned each of us to review other teams. Please review the teams next to your name! Post the review ON OUR MESSAGEBOARD!!!

(if you dont know it, PM me)

And DONT REVIEW UNTIL WE GET THE ALL CLEAR!!!!

Mast Gypsy Trash CRC
Sleep Murky Unusual
Hap Fifth Geezers
Hill Wonder OSS
Chris Choko Smurkz
Kale WhoDa Xteam CFR

Nice idea, JH. We can figure out how we compare to everyone.

But please do not read the other teams' threads until we are officially finished and confirmed by Alan H! We are almost done, but not quite.

Sleepless,

I agree that looking back we delayed Currency too long. But what would you have delayed to get it earlier? Always choices and tradeoffs.... Still, you are probably correct on this one. The additional commerce would have helped, although it would not have been all that much at that point.

On early GP production, yes. Getting a guaranteed GS earlier for an academy in JH would have been very useful. We ended up mixing our gene pools pretty much everywhere, so we were at the mercy of the random spawn. Overall I think we got pretty good luck: the later spawns were nicely mixed so we could start our golden ages, we got some merchants for crucial cash, and we got some GS and GE for bulbs and quick wonders. It is true that our early GP spawn luck wasn't great, though, and delayed an academy in our capital.

Okay... I'm awake! At least partly. :coffee:

I'll launch nukes... save the game to post in here... watch the bombs hit as we win... and upload.

It shouldn't take but a few minutes! :p

All done! Here's the file on the next to last turn:

http://www.fileden.com/getfile.php?...7/2491080/Pericles AD-1760.CivBeyondSwordSave

We are uploaded, and I've emailed AlanH... :dance::band::dance:

I decided to rush the nukes, so I switched to slavery. It said ZERO turns, but put me in anarchy anyway. :dunno: So I nuke Moscow and Atlantis. On the next turn... every capitol except HC is glowing, and even an extra for St. Pete! In fact, those silly barbs sent a galley our way, so I nuked it, too! :trouble:

We had several calls on the red phone, but all they got was the answering machine. "Hello, you've reached Percy and the Misfits. We're not here right now, and won't be coming back. We do hope you've enjoyed our parting gifts! It won't make any difference, but you can leave a message after the beep." :rotfl:

Thanks guys for a fun game! Shame we're losing Chris, but I hope everyone else comes back for the next one!

MF

Spoiler :
Here is your Session Turn Log from 1755 AD to 1765 AD:

Turn 176, 1755 AD: Stalin has 130 gold available for trade
Turn 176, 1755 AD: Stalin has 4 gold per turn available for trade
Turn 176, 1755 AD: Shaka has 170 gold available for trade
Turn 176, 1755 AD: Shaka has 3 gold per turn available for trade
Turn 176, 1755 AD: Huayna Capac has 3 gold per turn available for trade
Turn 176, 1755 AD: Wang Kon has 230 gold available for trade
Turn 176, 1755 AD: The revolution has begun!!!
Turn 176, 1755 AD: Pericles adopts Slavery!
Turn 176, 1755 AD: The anarchy is over! Your government is re-established.
Turn 176, 1755 AD: Joao II has completed The Kremlin!
Turn 176, 1755 AD: Wang Kon adopts Free Speech!
Turn 176, 1755 AD: Nippur's cultural boundary is about to expand.
Turn 176, 1755 AD: Mari's cultural boundary is about to expand.

Turn 177, 1760 AD: New Tech(s) to trade: Joao II
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Deal Canceled: Open Borders to Stalin for Open Borders
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Deal Canceled: Wine to Stalin for Gold Per Turn (12)
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Deal Canceled: Clam to Stalin for Sheep
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Deal Canceled: Fish, Hit Singles, Deer to Stalin for Silk, Gold
Turn 177, 1760 AD: You have declared war on Stalin!
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Huayna Capac has declared war on Stalin!
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Pericles launches a ICBM, and it explodes!!!
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Pericles launches a ICBM, and it explodes!!!
Turn 177, 1760 AD: You have discovered Artillery!
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Lake Mastiff has grown to size 13
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Sushi de Luxe will grow to size 12 on the next turn
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Grapeville has grown to size 13
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Babylon has grown to size 15
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Babylon will grow to size 16 on the next turn
Turn 177, 1760 AD: The borders of Nippur have expanded!
Turn 177, 1760 AD: The borders of Mari have expanded!
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Balthasar Gerard (Great Spy) has been born in Moscow (Stalin)!
Turn 177, 1760 AD: Deal Canceled: Iron from Huayna Capac

Turn 178, 1765 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Bear Town!
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Stalin has 15 gold per turn available for trade
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Joao II has 150 gold available for trade
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Wang Kon has 400 gold available for trade
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Copper to Wang Kon for Gold, Incense
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Fish to Wang Kon for Gold Per Turn (3)
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Clam to Wang Kon for Gold Per Turn (11)
Turn 178, 1765 AD: You have declared war on Wang Kon!
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Huayna Capac has declared war on Wang Kon!
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Corn to Joao II for Wheat
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Open Borders to Joao II for Open Borders
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Sheep to Joao II for Gold Per Turn (11)
Turn 178, 1765 AD: You have declared war on Joao II!
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Huayna Capac has declared war on Joao II!
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Pericles launches a ICBM, and it explodes!!!
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Open Borders to Shaka for Open Borders
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Fish to Shaka for Gold Per Turn (9)
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Sheep to Shaka for Corn
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Clam to Shaka for Gold Per Turn (5)
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Deal Canceled: Wine to Shaka for Dye
Turn 178, 1765 AD: You have declared war on Shaka!
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Huayna Capac has declared war on Shaka!
Turn 178, 1765 AD: Your Guided Missile has destroyed a Village!

Excellent news, and a nice HOT finish! :D

Once we get a response from Alan H, we will be good to read the other threads and find out just how completely we were beaten.

It has been great fun playing this game together with all of my fellow Misfits! :goodjob:

Well done, Misfits :goodjob: Sorry I was out this evening when you finished.

You can go and look at the other team threads, but please don't post in the ones that haven't finished yet. You, and the other teams, won't see your finish save on the progress page until the game is over.

Hey Misfits!

We're #1 We won! Well, we are the first team to finish!!!

Cool! Means we get to watch everyone else as they strive for victory. :D

Off to check threads...will try to report on Geezers and Fifth Element.

Edit: Fifth Element is around T174 and has just started building Apollo. No worries.

Geezers are at T187 and have just started researching Rocketry.

We aren't last, and we won't be next to last either. Good to know we won't be picking up a set of wooden spoons. :D

Murky launched on T153! :eek: Very impressive, I will have to read their thread carefully and learn what I can.

Plenty of teams to check still, but I am assuming that is a laurel result, possibly gold. Wow.

Edit: More teams....

- Team CFR is aiming at launching on T150, and will edge out Murky if they can pull it off. They appear to be around T136 or so, so they have to execute their plan, but it looks solid.
- Unusual Suspects are at T172, and they are estimating they have about 30 turns to go.
- Gypsy Kings are at T149, and just finished Rocketry. They have at least Genetics of the more advanced techs, so not sure just how far they have to go. But obviously have not even started Apollo yet.
- Who Dat are at T119, and just got Rifling and (intentionally delayed) Liberalism. Long way to go with one month left.
- Geezers (as noted earlier, including for completeness in one list) are at T187 and just started teching Rocketry.
- Fifth Element (ditto) are at T174 and just started building Apollo.
- Chokonuts are at T184 and have not begun researching Rocketry. Interesting differences in city location, and have just ended a minor war with Stalin (they have a city in Europe) and Joao (who has a city claiming the marble west of the start!).
- XTeam are at T141, and internally estimating they have 40 turns to go. But that seems to be a rough estimate, not a detailed plan. They just finished Assembly Line and started Combustion a couple turns ago, but I am not completely sure where they are on the tech tree.
- Smurkz are at T148, and have not yet researched Rocketry. They are about to begin a para attack on Hammi that looks kind of familiar. :)
- Wonder Bumpkins are at T163, and have not yet researched Rocketry.
- One Short Straw are at T104, and just finished Astronomy. They will really have to pick up the pace to finish in a month.
- Trash Team actually finished a couple days ago! So we are not first team to submit our victorious save. Victory on T212 for them.
- Team CRC are always tough to know how they are doing, at least if you do not read Russian. Their latest status update shows them at T113, no Rocketry yet but I do not have a clear picture of just where they are.

I think that is everyone. Looks like Team CFR for gold, Murky for Silver, and maybe CRC (or just possibly us???) for Bronze. But I would not be clearing shelf space for that laurel yet -- CRC are very good, and XTeam will be very close if they hit that 40 turn estimate. But I can see us doing no worse than about 5th, and maybe a place or two better depending.

Top Bottom