Requests for new components (and features)

thx - I'll leave this to EF and the others to respond to.

Okay, I found the problem. Thanks for the screenshot, that was the right clue. I thought this was happening with BUG or BUFFY, but it's only a problem with BAT.

To solve this yourself until the next version, go to the folder "My Games / BTS / Mods / BAT Mod 2.0 / Assets / Python / Contrib" and open the file CvModName.py in Notepad or your favorite text editor. Change this line

Code:
modVersion = "2.0 (SVN Version 48) [BUG 4.0(1884) [s][COLOR="Red"]&[/COLOR][/s] BULL 1.0(53)]"

to this

Code:
modVersion = "2.0 (SVN Version 48) [BUG 4.0(1884) [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]and[/COLOR][/B] BULL 1.0(53)]"

(change "&" to "and")

Works, thank you. Got my first feature request approved! Well sort of. :lol:

For some personal mod, I will merge into BUG files some files to handle more than 7 religions in the game. These are not my work though, got them from JARM. Would you be interested by these files, provided that I ask the author of JARM first ?

I committed changes a few days ago to the Religion Advisor to handle more religions in the list of cities. The two things that need to be done still are to make the city screen show only the religions the city has (should be easy, just haven't had time) and make the F7 screen top portion scroll (much more work). If you can get either or both of these to work, I'd happily include them in BUG.

Not sure what you mean by more religions in the list of cities.

Anyway, as soon as I get onto this (perhaps this week-end), I'll make sure to download the latest SVN :)

Ruff redid the bottom part of the Religion Advisor to have a single table instead of two lists. The table has these columns:

• City Name
  • One column per religion
  • One column per religious unit: Missionaries
  • One column per religious building: Temples, Cathedrals, Monasteries, and Shrines
  • Effects
Originally everything was hard-coded (the religions, the units, and the buildings). I reworked it and created ReligionUtil to allow modders to more easily add new items. New religions are handled automatically--nothing for you to do to get them to appear in the table. New unit and building types (pretty rare) require a single line of Python each in ReligionUtil.

The top part of the screen still shows the religions so you can switch between them. Ruff added more info below each religion, but the key is that adding more religions will likely make the code draw off-screen.

johny smith made a scrolling F7 screen. You could use his method and apply it to BUG's screen.

Don't know if this would count as Unaltered Gameplay or not but how about including this little modcomp?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=183746&highlight=map+size
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=266953&highlight=map+size

It basically adds two game speeds, Snail and Blitz as well as 3 new map sizes. XXL, Giant, Ultra.

You already include Dales Combat mod so personally I don't think this would be to much of a stretch to release separately at the very least.

Also how is the scrolling leaderboard coming along?

It basically adds two game speeds, Snail and Blitz as well as 3 new map sizes. XXL, Giant, Ultra.

It looks like the map size changes require a new DLL and would thus require BULL. I'll see about including the two new game speeds in BUG, however. I don't think that would be altered gameplay.

BTW, BUG doesn't include Dale's Combat Mod. Some mods that include BUG also include DCM.

It looks like the map size changes require a new DLL and would thus require BULL. I'll see about including the two new game speeds in BUG, however. I don't think that would be altered gameplay.

BTW, BUG doesn't include Dale's Combat Mod. Some mods that include BUG also include DCM.

The only thing that would be 'altered' per se is that you may have to tweak some spy missions et cetera. But I don't think that will be to big of a deal for BUG, as you will likely have to rework it for it to be playable. :lol:

Ahh, that's the confusion, for a second I was thinking that you released DCM with BUG separately. :lol:

Also how is the scrolling leaderboards? I'd like to use it for myself as I tend to play with big maps and lots of civs. (Highest i'll go is 27 because than any more and the scollboard is off the page)

The only thing that would be 'altered' per se is that you may have to tweak some spy missions et cetera.

Hmm, I didn't see any changes like that in the mod you linked; did I miss them?

Also how is the scrolling leaderboards?

Thomas SG provided some code for one, but I'll need to make it optional to be included in BUG and am pretty swamped right now with bug fixing and trying to get BULL released and of course real life. You can limit the number of civs that show on the scoreboard which isn't great but at least works.

Hmm, I didn't see any changes like that in the mod you linked; did I miss them?

What I meant is that they change the speed of the game (snail and blitz) and that you may need to fix stuff like Spy's and stuff cause i'm not 100% sure they changed anything in the mod. I mean that you will be playing Snail speed but with Marathon spy missions/worker builds etc. Following?

So you might just have to tweak them so they are more playable.

Well, I think the spy missions will still be goofed because they are not affected by game speed, but everything else should automatically scale with speed.

This is going to be a complicated request, though I think it will be very popular. You know how when you make ten discrete deals with the same person, one after another, you get that annoying, "This deal will no longer work for us" pop-up ten times in a row? Or how when you have twenty privateers, you hear that annoying privateer sound twenty times, every turn? Could we consolidate all these events into a single "news report" that takes place and lists what has happened? Here's what I'm talking about:

Currently:
"This deal will no longer work for us." pop-up x10
ch-ching sound x20

Proposed:
"Ten deals with the Aztecs have been canceled. To review which deals have been canceled, click here."
"Your privateers have looted a grand total of 40 gold pieces. To see details on how much money each route is worth, click here."

I would do this myself, but I'm lazy and this looks like it would take more than 5 minutes of effort. If nobody does it after a while, then maybe I'll do it and submit it... because it's really, really starting to annoy the hell out of me. I'm probably more likely to just stop playing the game, though. The UI design of Civ IV was obviously done by a mentally challenged monkey.

Edit: Oh, I just realized that someone might tell me to just do all my deals with an AI in one transaction, instead of doing them individually. Well, I can't, because I'm trading for resources for my corporation, and you can only trade for one fish per deal. Firaxis, in their infinite wisdom, decided that trading for every one of someone's fish, all at once, should be impossible. Also, I know that I can mute the volume or replace the .WAV file for the Privateer sound, but this sounds much more elegant and useful to me. I don't like seeing individual reports on every Privateer scroll by.

The J has made a nice python addon, that alerts the player when they have captured wonders or destroyed wonders. I think that this would be a nice feature.

Afforess requested that we merge in The_J's modcomp that gives an event message whenever a wonder is captured or destroyed. It seems this information can be gleamed from the Windows tab of the Info Screen [F9], so I'm inclined to include it. However, I think it needs some minor adjustments to maintain UGness.

The number of different cases explodes pretty fast given all the inputs:

1. Have you met the original owner?
  2. Have you met the conqueror?
  3. Was the old city revealed to your team?
  4. Is the new city revealed to your team?
  5. Was the city kept?
As each can be Yes or No, that makes 25 = 32 possible cases to test for. :eek: I need to decide whether to display a message or not and whether it should indicate the new owner and/or location on the map or not.

First, here are the rules governing the Wonders tab:

1. All wonders are shown on the tab.
  2. The owner is shown if you have met them.
  3. The city's name is shown if it has been revealed to your team.
Using this, here are my proposals for the various event messages:

You are the conqeuror.

Show exactly what happened.

You haven't met either player.

If the city is kept, there will be no indication on the Wonders tab, so display no message.

<no message>

If not, the wonder will disappear from the Wonders tab, so only say that it was destroyed but not by whom.

The Hanging Gardens has been destroyed

Cases handled: 8, NNxxx

You've met the original owner but not the conqeuror.

If the city is kept, the wonder will change hands on the Wonders tab.

The Hanging Gardens has been captured by an unknown civilization

If not, it will disappear.

The Hanging Gardens has been destroyed by an unknown civilization

Cases handled: 8 YNxxx

You've met the conqueror but not the original owner.

If the city is kept, the wonder will change owners on the Wonders tab.

The Hanging Gardens has been captured by the English Empire

The Hanging Gardens has been destroyed by the English Empire

Cases handled: 8 NYxxx

You've met both players.

If the city is kept, the wonder will change owners on the Wonders tab.

The Hanging Gardens has been captured by the English Empire

The Hanging Gardens has been destroyed by the English Empire

Cases handled: 8 YYxxx

It looks like when you have met the conqueror it doesn't matter whether you've met the original owner or not. Also, whether or not to display the location only depends on whether or not the old or new city is revealed to your team. Thus all the xxx parts above are handled the same.

I know this is a HUGE request, but how about some kind of statistic about what tiles and improvements you have inside your empire? I always find hard to have a precise idea of what the techs and civics that boost certain improvements will actually do.... like how much extra comerce i'll get for Free Speech or hammers for Universal Suffrage...

Top Bottom