• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Questions about The BUG Mod

Yes i did. And also I installed BUG Mod to my Computer with WinXP and there was no problem. I installed BUG the same way to my LapTop with Win7 and there is this problem. I uninstalled/reinstalled Bug, Civ, BTS 2 times but it didnt work.

Yeah, that's the problem.

Replace your current BugPath.py file with this one:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=237431&d=1260920560

It's zipped, so you obviously need to extract it first. Looking at the path you posted, the folder you want to extract it to should be here:

C:\Users\Yiğit\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Custom Assets\Python\BUG

That should fix your interface.

Hey guys. When I installed BUG Mod my all map details dissappeared. I guess i installed correctly. This is the SS. Do you guys have any opinion what happened?

This is the dreaded "no interface" problem which has many causes. Please provide the information asked for on the Troubleshooting page in a post here.

* OS Version: Windows 7
* BTS version: 3.19
* BUG version: 4.2
* Installation source: EXE, ZIP (both didnt work but now it is exe installed.
* Installation method: singleplayer (CustomAssets)
* Merged mods: nothing
* Anything non-standard about your setup: nothing

http://rapidshare.com/files/324276309/Pythonerrdbg.rar.html

These are the PythonErr.log and PythonDbg.log files. Thanks for your help.

Didn't the altered BugPath.py file fix your interface?

I can see in the log that it is still calling BugUtil.debug() from BugPath.py, and the non-standard letters are causing the problem. Did you install BUG multiple ways? Make sure you have it only in CustomAssets (single-player) or as a mod. If you keep it installed in both places, make sure you replace that file in both places.

I installed to Mod folder this time and took the bugpyt.py file there and the problem is solved. I restarted the game 3 times and there is no problem. Thanks to you guys.

Can I ask a really newb question? What is BULL? What does it mean that someone thinks that the MP OOS problem in various mods based on BUG may have been caused by the BULL dll 1.0? I play ROM and the newest version, 2.8, won't work MP at all because whenever a player attacks something, it goes OOS. Is there some hope of a fix before ROM 2.9? We're playing 2.71 at this time because it works pretty well, but I'd sure love to see a fix for 2.8.

Someone posted this link to the MP forum under ROM, but I can't tell where the discussion is from the single post view:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8696039&postcount=2109

I guess I need to learn more than just how to play a mod.. :)

Is there a easy way to disable the HOF mod component?
I already finished merging and my mod works fine exept.....

My games arent HOF compatible.
I merged it with BUFFY instead of just BUG (also posted in BUFFY forum)

I simply want to disable the message.
But if possible disable the complete HOF mod wich will possibly increase performance of my mod.

the warning messages appear on the DawnOfTime and Victory conditions screen - check the code there - I am pretty sure that there is a global boolean variable that controls if they messages are displayed. Set that to False (or True) right at the end of the HOF checking should do the trick.

The HOF code is baked into the DLL and not removable. If you wanted the DLL without the HOF code, surely the solution would be to use BULL--the DLL without the HOF code. :mischief: At that point you may as well merge with BUG, but it should still work with BUFFY-minus-HOF. Try it and see! :)

:cry: i need to start all over again....

Is there no way to get it HOF compatible?
I can ask the makers of HOF....

The HOF code is baked into the DLL and not removable. If you wanted the DLL without the HOF code, surely the solution would be to use BULL--the DLL without the HOF code. :mischief: At that point you may as well merge with BUG, but it should still work with BUFFY-minus-HOF. Try it and see! :)

I better use BAT it already is BULL + BUG

Is there no way to get it HOF compatible?

I thought you didn't want the HOF stuff? For a mod to be HOF-compatible, it must be the HOF mod (a.k.a BUFFY). You cannot modify it otherwise you won't be playing the same mod as everyone else which is the whole point of HOF.

I better use BAT it already is BULL + BUG

Actually, I recommend against this. The latest BAT is having a lot of graphics and crashing issues. Just merge BUG and BULL (no files in common so it's easy) into a new mod and add your stuff to that.

I installed BAT (which says the others BUG&BULL are included within it) to my BtS folder in my User Directory. same folders where you find the saved game files.

I used the self-installer on Vista (my computer only has one account), and used the single-player install.

I believe I installed it correctly. and... there is no change whatsoever to the game. nothing. nada. zip. I went into the Civilization4 config file and tried this:
Mod = BUG Mod

but it just says invalid directory.

ALT+CTRL+O doesn't do anything.. so I know the mod isn't working..

I've read the FAQ pages, and the instructions that came with the install.
how do I use this mod?

The folder should be called "BAT Mod 2.1", so try that in your INI. It will be in the "My Games / BTS / Mods" folder.

Top Bottom